Thread: Inappropriate use of GPS a reason for Packers injuries?

Inappropriate use of GPS a reason for Packers injuries?

I am surprise no one has referred to this article. I think it raises a lot of very interesting points to think about:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...mic/740555001/

Comments from leading trainers from rugby, soccer, etc and their much longer experiences with GPS training. My takes:

- overall NFL training is too protective, creating athletes prone to injury
    - emphasis on strength, not movements makes them susceptible to non contact injuries
    - using GPS for training, without corresponding info from their game activity, has minimal value
    - NFL needs to better train their athletes in the activities performed when playing the game

I will leave any debate to you.

I can't read the article without a subscription. However, I think it's fair to say reduced practices as required by the last CBA has not resulted in fewer injuries. At least not in the Packers case.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...mic/740555001/

- overall NFL training is too protective, creating athletes prone to injury
    - NFL needs to better train their athletes in the activities performed when playing the game

I will leave any debate to you.
    Before anyone says it, I have resumed watching games as all Packers have resumed standing.

Anyhow, I know I have read this somewhere. Some rat has been saying that practicing like a pussy and not practicing hitting leaves them vulnerable in games when they have to hit and hit at full speed.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The NFL has data about movements during the game. Or vince has been posting route maps drawn up by someone's imagination.

The debate about strength versus football movement has been raging since the introduction of strength coaches in the 70s. Dave Redmond was one who tended to emphasize movement. I would bet this article featured him railing against strength training alone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If this thread moves to yoga and ballet, I am leaving the thread, and never coming back.

wait a minnit....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The NFL has data about movements during the game. Or vince has been posting route maps drawn up by someone's imagination.

The debate about strength versus football movement has been raging since the introduction of strength coaches in the 70s. Dave Redmond was one who tended to emphasize movement. I would bet this article featured him railing against strength training alone.
    Red Man, a legend among trainers. Guy never wore socks. Had his own strength theories and didn't believe in lifting heavy weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I can't read the article without a subscription. However, I think it's fair to say reduced practices as required by the last CBA has not resulted in fewer injuries. At least not in the Packers case.
    I don't have a subscription, and I was able to read it.

I copy/pasted the 3 best sentences from the article for those that can't read it. I could for some reason.

“We’re so overprotective of the athletes that we’ve created fragile athletes,” he said in an interview late this past week. “We’re not preparing them for the rigors of what happens in the game. And this is not the boot-camp mentality.”

It’s all about reminding the body of the timing and form required from the hips, hamstrings and knees when moving full speed and changing directions, so there’s not excessive stress on any one joint or muscle.

“Lombardi wrote a book ‘Run to Daylight’ that was the philosophy speed, speed, speed, quality of movement, repeat the quality of movement, repeat the quality of movement.”

It's NOT Rocket Science:

Here is a small hint for 'a Huge Issue' and too many injuries and football; and STOP lifting heavy weights that simply destroy muscles and agility or endurance. That's or Power Lifting and heavy weight bench work too dumb.

Of course the attack with hands and feet has to not be included but look at the tackling strength and techniques. Look at the agility and stamina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6XpNLoUBr8
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It's NOT Rocket Science:

Here is a small hint for 'a Huge Issue' and too many injuries and football; and STOP lifting heavy weights that simply destroy muscles and agility or endurance. That's or Power Lifting and heavy weight bench work too dumb.

Of course the attack with hands and feet has to not be included but look at the tackling strength and techniques. Look at the agility and stamina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6XpNLoUBr8
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hey Green Bay Packers Fire your entire Strength and Conditioning Team and hire this guy.

HIRE !!! ...Aghayev Rafael ● The Survival Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdcfpywZSfQ

This guy will fix a silly for ongoing problem. Try to grow wiser.

This guy in my Training Team Vs Packer LBer Clay Matthews and all you might imagine he is:

Bye Bye Clay. Here is where I invest my Money......Aghayev Rafael. What a RETURN !

Doubting this !?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zOR34e8LDU

The speed and agility the clean and forceful tackle. The amazing stamina and muscle co-ordination !

Dominance !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-13-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    “Lombardi wrote a book ‘Run to Daylight’ that was the philosophy speed, speed, speed, quality of movement, repeat the quality of movement, repeat the quality of movement.”
    Maybe this guy has something to say, but that sentence is just gibberish.

Repeat the movement is the only part I think might join the two topics.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Maybe this guy has something to say, but that sentence is just gibberish.

Repeat the movement is the only part I think might join the two topics.
    I took it to mean repeat the movement at full speed so when you're in the game its natural instead of something you have only gone through the motions of.

From whats left of my memories of actually playing football, hitting hurts. Hitting full speed hurts more. hitting full speed without having ramped up to it and practiced how to do it without taking the full brunt of the collision was a recipe for injury.

I would bet money the Packers get often most of the time when they are out of position, or in a bad position, and have to make a surperheroic effort to corral the guy or get the first.

I'll bring up one thing that really bugs me.

It takes about 3 Hours of recording time for a 60 Minute Clocked Rule game and a Half time break.

There is the time to lead into the game and the National Anthem.

All the remainder of the 3 hours is for Commercial Breaks. This is too long IMO and adds stress to players physically. Muscles warm up and cool down over and over and....again. This leads to injury if players don't stretch properly.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'll bring up one thing that really bugs me.

It takes about 3 Hours of recording time for a 60 Minute Clocked Rule game and a Half time break.

There is the time to lead into the game and the National Anthem.

All the remainder of the 3 hours is for Commercial Breaks. This is too long IMO and adds stress to players physically. Muscles warm up and cool down over and over and....again. This leads to injury if players don't stretch properly.
    I'll be damned. I have no idea if there is merit to your theory, but you made sense....and that is a huge upgrade.