Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Montravius Adams

Montravius Adams

I briefly made mention of this in another thread, but can anyone explain Montravius Adams' status? He is the mystery man.

To recap: The fourth round (?) rookie draftee out of Auburn was having a decent training camp and then injured his foot. On August 1st he had surgery to have a screw drilled into his foot. According to reports the surgery went "as expected", and the prognosis was Montravius would be out approximately 6 weeks.

Here we are now just shy of 11 weeks later, and he is the invisible man. He is being carried on the 53 player roster - not assigned to PUP or IR, and yet no listing of him on the weekly injury report, practice participation or anything.

I don't follow the Twitter or other avenues of social media, but his status seems just a little bizarre.

Oh Montravius, Montravius
    Where for art thou Montravius?

Anybody have a guess?

At this point, given that he is practicing, I have to assume he is getting a redshirt year. No idea otherwise.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    At this point, given that he is practicing, I have to assume he is getting a redshirt year. No idea otherwise.
    Same thing occurred to me, but why tie up a roster spot and not just put him on IR?

Is he actually practicing? Cannot find any mention of him.

Additionally, we are bringing in D Linemen for a look, just doesn't make sense.

I saw it mentioned, after his injury and rehab that he was practicing. If he went downhill after that, I have not heard.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't find it surprising that a rookie who missed almost all of training camp isn't playing yet. He missed a lot of valuable reps.

There are 3 reasons not to put him on IR:

He might not be hurt.

He could be needed later if they have injuries on the DL.

If you put him on IR, he can't practice. More lost reps for a rookie.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

He's practicing. He's been a healthy scratch the last two weeks. Probably from all of the missed practice time.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I'm guessing they'll plug him in more as the season goes on. They need the pass rush. He's pretty green but I'm curious to see if he can bring anything.

I too still think it's a bit odd, because all the reports coming out of training camp were raves about his quick-twitch ability and his penetration. He was like the John Holmes of the defensive line group. But now he's invisible.

Good lord, let's hope it's not the Sherrod school of Packer history - talented guy gets drafted high, comes into camp, shows some promise (I will always argue that Sherrod did show promise as a left tackle - not as a run blocker but as a pass blocker), gets hurt, never lives up to promise.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I too still think it's a bit odd, because all the reports coming out of training camp were raves about his quick-twitch ability and his penetration. He was like the John Holmes of the defensive line group. But now he's invisible.

Good lord, let's hope it's not the Sherrod school of Packer history - talented guy gets drafted high, comes into camp, shows some promise (I will always argue that Sherrod did show promise as a left tackle - not as a run blocker but as a pass blocker), gets hurt, never lives up to promise.
    Jerrel Worthy
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Worthy was never worthy. He never flashed anything in camp except an ability to charge offside. If Rodgers ever played against him, every play would've been a free play.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I saw it mentioned, after his injury and rehab that he was practicing. If he went downhill after that, I have not heard.
    i know my day would go downhill if someone ran a screw into my foot.

Worthy was never worthy. He never flashed anything in camp except an ability to charge offside. If Rodgers ever played against him, every play would've been a free play.
    Worthy flashed in camp too. He disappeared when pads went on. So far, same with Adams because he hadn't practiced in pads when we could see because he got injured before they went on.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I'll simply go with Sherrod was 'a BUST'.

TT doesn't do very well with 1st Round Picks.

2006 ... AJ Hawk..He never fulfilled his promise. He made a ton of money from Ted Thompson. Ohh 'You bought the Jersey ' !

2007... Justin Harrell...Dear GOD ! Ted waited though.

2008... TT traded down or out of the First Round.

2009... B.J. Raji...A Heavy Parking Lot Pylon.

2011... Derek Sherrod.TT demonstrated another level of patience there.

2013... Datone Jones. He is one team away from being on the Roster of every NFCN Team.

2015... Damarious Randall.Our newest NFL Poster Boy For 'I'm A Serious Problem Child'.

2017.. TT traded down or out of the First Round.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'll simply go with Sherrod was 'a BUST'.

TT doesn't do very well with 1st Round Picks.

2006 ... AJ Hawk..He never fulfilled his promise. He made a ton of money from Ted Thompson. Ohh 'You bought the Jersey ' !

2007... Justin Harrell...Dear GOD ! Ted waited though.

2008... TT traded down or out of the First Round.

2009... B.J. Raji...A Heavy Parking Lot Pylon.

2011... Derek Sherrod.TT demonstrated another level of patience there.

2013... Datone Jones. He is one team away from being on the Roster of every NFCN Team.

2015... Damarious Randall.Our newest NFL Poster Boy For 'I'm A Serious Problem Child'.

2017.. TT traded down or out of the First Round.
    Funny, you missed Aaron Rodgers.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    AJ Hawk, while not living up to the #5 pick, is the all time leading tackler in Packer history.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    2008 traded 1st round pick and got Jordy Nelson 6 spots later.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    2010 Bryan Bulaga

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    2012 Nick Perry

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    2014 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    2016 Kenny Clark

-Tim Harmston