Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Montravius Adams

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    What I heard about Worthy coming out was that he was good at anticipating snap counts and his whole game was predicated on a fast get-off...but that was in college. In the pros, you need more than that and he didn't have it. Adams is a R4, they'll give him a chance to play eventually. If he doesn't pan out he won't be the first guy. Worthy flopping as a R2 was costly. My guess is Adams is healthy but learning the game and the scheme. I don't know that I'd put him on the active 46 or play him over Dial or Francois, but I think he's going to get his chance soon.
    His chance might be on the O-line if injuries keep piling up there.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Woody, you're looking through anti-TT colored glasses, and it's majorly clouding your judgment.

From a post of mine back in April before the draft:
    A nice analysis in Post #23 of this thread.

TT and the Packer Drafts of late:

https://lombardiave.com/2017/01/31/t...e-draft-picks/

Ted Thompson: His last five Green Bay Packers drafts are defensive misery

By Raymond Rivard8 months agoFollow @lombardiave

" The Packers GM, who was himself a linebacker in the NFL during his playing days, however, doesn’t seem to be able to draft any player worth their salt on that side of the line.

To make a point, we’ve gone back five years – the amount of time most coaches and GMs are given to produce a Super Bowl champion – and taken a look at the defensive players drafted by Thompson.

What we found wasn’t pretty."

Please Click on the LINK above for more....

Comment woodbuck27: I simply have higher expectations based in what I expect from myself.

I don't still ever do anything and not aim to do it very well. All my life I have proven personally that outstanding effort gave me outstanding results. All my life I rose to the highest levels.I strived to be the WINNER...and too often I was or came close to the GOLD.

That hasn't changed since I joined Packerrats. If you imagine otherwise then I'll suggest you and prejudice. I trust my determination, attitude, brains, skills and wisdom. I don't give a damn and what anyone here imagines different and me. I know who I am.

As for TT. All I see now is Burn Out.

That isn't anything and a prejudice against TT. I actually like Ted Thompson as a person that is rather gentle in his style of being himself. I look at anything and try with great effort to see it as it really is. I'm a Canadian and we hate prejudice and discount anyone who instructs their life on such a lousy basis. Check out the POLLS and our Canadian view of a certain ahhhhh hahaha... I'll go with personality and the USA.

I will remain in my analysis and Green Bay Packers with this:

I hope strongly that Ted Thompson let's go of his GM position this Season. I certainly do NOT want him having any post Packer GM capacity as a Draft Advisor.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-16-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think you are being rather harsh in your assessment of Raji's play. He had 152 solo tackles and 11 sacks as a nose tackle in 6 years.
    What did you see him become?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What did you see him become?
    A guy who had 152 solo tackles and 11 sacks as a nose tackle in 6 years.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So woody, who would you have picked instead of Hawk? You have to drop to the 12th pick, Haloti Ngata, to find someone with a clear cut better career than Hawk. Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, ooohhh...Jay Cutler.
    There is so much that is LUCK and making a Draft Pick. The picks below were certainly productive game changers for their teams:

12 Baltimore Ravens Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

14 Philadelphia Eagles Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida State

17 Minnesota Vikings Chad Greenway LB Iowa

20 Kansas City Chiefs Tamba Hali DE Penn State

I didn't look past the 2oth Pick; that wasn't a good Draft overall as I recall it.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    A guy who had 152 solo tackles and 11 sacks as a nose tackle in 6 years.
    Also as an out of position 3 technique.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Also as an out of position 3 technique.
    Can we agree then that he wasn't adaptable?

He actually IMO was for the most part unavailable or sadly 'Useless Flesh' after the Packers last Super Bowl win.

There is so much that is LUCK and making a Draft Pick. The picks below were certainly productive game changers for their teams:

12 Baltimore Ravens Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

14 Philadelphia Eagles Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida State

17 Minnesota Vikings Chad Greenway LB Iowa

20 Kansas City Chiefs Tamba Hali DE Penn State

I didn't look past the 2oth Pick; that wasn't a good Draft overall as I recall it.
    You sort of prove my point though. No one...NO ONE would have made any of those picks at #5....except in hindsight.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

You sort of prove my point though. No one...NO ONE would have made any of those picks at #5....except in hindsight.
    However you choose to 'slice and dice it'.

TT doesn't Draft well on'D' and that fact is certainly obvious (See Post #42).

I won't defend TT much in this regard, but like all articles they cherry pick a bit to make their predetermined point. If TT had resigned Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward things look a lot better right now. Kenny Clark looks like a winner to me so far. Martinez and Lowry look like NFL talent. I wanted Watt, but King was my second choice and Josh Jones has me interested. If all these young guys come on and stop getting concussions it could make up for a few bad drafts. King is key here. We need a guy to emerge as a semi shut down CB. House is ok as a 2 and after that you rely on scheme and not getting bad matchups. I like our safety and DL situations. Can 2 of the 3, Perry, Mathews, Brooks stay healthy?

Just like last year the sudden end of Sam Shields career is hurting us. We lack CB talent and the little we have keeps getting hurt. Again, my expectations are reasonable. .500 without rodgers against the softer part of our schedule. If that doesn't happen heads must roll. If that doesn't happen with your hand crafted 3rd year backup its all true. Rodgers has been saving your ass for this long.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Thompson drafted Daniels, Perry, Matthews, Clark, Lowry, Collins, found Shields and Tramon undrafted. To say he can't draft for D is stupid. To say he has a worse record than any other GM over specific timeframes is not what click-bait article writers do. They cherry pick data to get rubes to shout "FUCK YEAH" at their monitors so they can feel justified in their own mis-assertions.

Instead of saying Thompson can't draft D, stack up the rest of the league's hits and misses year over year. Then do it by round. You know, make a statement with facts instead of opinions. You won't because it doesn't fit your self created narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Thompson drafted Daniels, Perry, Matthews, Clark, Lowry, Collins, found Shields and Tramon undrafted. To say he can't draft for D is stupid. To say he has a worse record than any other GM over specific timeframes is not what click-bait article writers do. They cherry pick data to get rubes to shout "FUCK YEAH" at their monitors so they can feel justified in their own mis-assertions.

Instead of saying Thompson can't draft D, stack up the rest of the league's hits and misses year over year. Then do it by round. You know, make a statement with facts instead of opinions. You won't because it doesn't fit your self created narrative.
    WOW !

OK ..OK Ted Thompson and the Green Bay Packers have really really shitty LUCK !

Tear after year after year after Year...... Bad Luck !

Sports writers and NFL Media Experts don't have a clue. What are they paid for?

Head scratch.....

I won't defend TT much in this regard, but like all articles they cherry pick a bit to make their predetermined point. If TT had resigned Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward things look a lot better right now. Kenny Clark looks like a winner to me so far. Martinez and Lowry look like NFL talent. I wanted Watt, but King was my second choice and Josh Jones has me interested. If all these young guys come on and stop getting concussions it could make up for a few bad drafts. King is key here. We need a guy to emerge as a semi shut down CB. House is ok as a 2 and after that you rely on scheme and not getting bad matchups. I like our safety and DL situations. Can 2 of the 3, Perry, Mathews, Brooks stay healthy?

Just like last year the sudden end of Sam Shields career is hurting us. We lack CB talent and the little we have keeps getting hurt. Again, my expectations are reasonable. .500 without rodgers against the softer part of our schedule. If that doesn't happen heads must roll. If that doesn't happen with your hand crafted 3rd year backup its all true. Rodgers has been saving your ass for this long.
    This stands out in your post:

" Rodgers has been saving your (TT's) ass for this long."

That is really too obvious.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Year after year after year after Year...... Bad Luck !

QFT
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

WOW !

Tear after year after year after Year...... Bad Luck !

Head scratch.....
    Much like you, they don't back any of their assertions up with facts only opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.