Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Montravius Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    2008 traded 1st round pick and got Jordy Nelson 6 spots later.

2010 Bryan Bulaga

2012 Nick Perry

2014 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

2016 Kenny Clark

Can't wait for the 2018 pick.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Just for comparison 1st round picks for Dallas:
    2005 DeMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears
    2006 Bobby Catpenter
    2007 Anthony Spencer
    2008 Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins
    2009 No Pick
    2010 Dez Bryant
    2011 Tyron Smith
    2012 Morris Claiborne
    2013 Travis Fredrick
    2014 Zack Martin
    2015 Byron Jones
    2016 Ezekiel Elliott
    2017 Taco Charlton
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'll simply go with Sherrod was 'a BUST'.

TT doesn't do very well with 1st Round Picks.

2006 ... AJ Hawk..He never fulfilled his promise. He made a ton of money from Ted Thompson. Ohh 'You bought the Jersey ' !

2007... Justin Harrell...Dear GOD ! Ted waited though.

2008... TT traded down or out of the First Round.

2009... B.J. Raji...A Heavy Parking Lot Pylon.

2011... Derek Sherrod.TT demonstrated another level of patience there.

2013... Datone Jones. He is one team away from being on the Roster of every NFCN Team.

2015... Damarious Randall.Our newest NFL Poster Boy For 'I'm A Serious Problem Child'.

2017.. TT traded down or out of the First Round.
    Woody, you're looking through anti-TT colored glasses, and it's majorly clouding your judgment.

From a post of mine back in April before the draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon
    TT has only had a few mid or top of the round picks:
    2006: AJ Hawk (#5). Reliable starter, eminently replaceable (but wasn't) in a draft that was overall just terrible.
    2007: Justin Harrell (#16). A miss. Injuries killed his career. I don't like calling injured players busts as I reserve that for the Ahmad Carrolls of the NFL, but you can if you want
    2009: BJ Raji (#9). Flashed very brightly in 2010 helping lead to a Super Bowl. I don't know how I'd rank him otherwise, but I'd trade the #9 pick in the draft for that kind of performance in a Super Bowl winning year.

Those are the only times TT picked within the Top 20. After Rodgers first starting season, he hasn't picked inside the 20s (barring a trade up, this will be the eighth year in a row). Restocking and finding quality is tough when two thirds of the league has picked their favorites before you get a chance.

Here are the rest of TT's first round picks in draft order:
    21 (2014): HHCD - appears to be long term starter and a good player
    23 (2010): Bulaga - long term starter and a good player
    26 (2009): Matthews - the second first round pick that year, and someone who had several great seasons to start his career but has tapered off due to injuries; still a good player
    27 (2016): Clark - too early to tell, but he flashed in the playoffs against a good Dallas O-line
    28 (2012): Perry - not a flashy pass rusher, but a very good run defender, and some argue more important to the D than Matthews because of that
    30 (2015): Randall - a terrible sophomore campaign that followed a very promising rookie campaign--he's got one more year to turn it around before we Casey Hayward him.
    30 (2008): Traded into second round for Jordy Nelson
    32 (2011): Sherrod - along with Harrell, the only (so far--Randall, I'm watching you) outright miss by TT in the first round, but again, due to injuries; as I recall though, many people hated the Harrell pick but loved the Sherrod pick at the time. Both failed for the same three reasons: injuries, injuries, injuries.

Anyway, with only 2 out of 12 (maybe 3 depending on how Randall rebounds) first round picks outright failing to deliver value for the Packers, I'd say he's done a pretty good job picking through the leftovers at the end of the round.

If Clark doesn't turn into something special though, I would think we're due for another star in this draft. It's random and completely unpredictable, but we haven't gotten a bonafide star for a while.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Should trade all picks to get into the 2nd round, 4th round and 6th and 7th.

Just avoid 1, 3 and 5 altogether.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Funny, you missed Aaron Rodgers.
    And CMIII...

Raji had an unfortunately short career but he was a huge factor in that 2010 defense and SuperBowl run. His play down the stretch that year makes it pretty tough to argue that was a bad pick.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Raji had an unfortunately short career but he was a huge factor in that 2010 defense and SuperBowl run. His play down the stretch that year makes it pretty tough to argue that was a bad pick.
    if it wasn't for the touchdown and the truffle shuffle afterwards, i doubt most people would remember him other then being a 1st round bust

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if it wasn't for the touchdown and the truffle shuffle afterwards, i doubt most people would remember him other then being a 1st round bust
    I think you are being rather harsh in your assessment of Raji's play. He had 152 solo tackles and 11 sacks as a nose tackle in 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think you are being rather harsh in your assessment of Raji's play. He had 152 solo tackles and 11 sacks as a nose tackle in 6 years.
    sooo, 25 or so tackles a year and less then 2 sack per year for a 1st round pick

also, we gave up a ton of yards on the ground when he was in there being the run stuffer

we were talking about him being a bust before he quit on the team, then came back only to be injured right away (to grab his paycheck imo), then give up on the team again

at the end of the day, at best, you could say he was average. never came close to being worth the #9 pick or whatever he was

Funny, you missed Aaron Rodgers.
    I posted strictly those First Round Picks that are Busts or have some questions attached to them.

How many clear cut 'Voted In' Pro Bowls did AJ Hawk garner? He was a very high Pick and he didn't live up to what TT might have hoped for and his College Production.

Jordy is a tremendous WR. I confined my Post to 1st Round 'PICKS'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I'll simply go with Sherrod was 'a BUST'.

TT doesn't do very well with 1st Round Picks.
    No Woody, what you did is said "TT doesn't do very well with his first round picks." Then you listed his questionable picks.

Somehow you missed the best 1st round pick in 20+ years. That pick alone has made the Favre transition easy and seemless instead of years of crap like most franchises have at QB.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I posted strictly those First Round Picks that are Busts or have some questions attached to them.

How many clear cut 'Voted In' Pro Bowls did AJ Hawk garner? He was a very high Pick and he didn't live up to what TT might have hoped for and his College Production.

So woody, who would you have picked instead of Hawk? You have to drop to the 12th pick, Haloti Ngata, to find someone with a clear cut better career than Hawk. Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, ooohhh...Jay Cutler.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

So, like a good statistician you confined your criteria to meet your predetermined outcome...well played.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He could be needed later if they have injuries on the DL.
    Ya, this is certainly what they are thinking. Guy is better than practice squad talent. Injuries will happen.

So Adams is inactive again?

Man, the way the writers were drooling over him in camp, I thought he was The Next Big Thing.

And by the way, I really don't recall anyonw drooling over Jerel Worthy in training camp. In fact, I think people got worried right away, as blockers swallowed him up and his quick twitch wasn't quick enough to get him past the offensive line in the NFL.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So woody, who would you have picked instead of Hawk? You have to drop to the 12th pick, Haloti Ngata, to find someone with a clear cut better career than Hawk. Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, ooohhh...Jay Cutler.
    that looks like one of the most loaded drafts of all time, at the time

but it turned out to be complete shit

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So Adams is inactive again?

Man, the way the writers were drooling over him in camp, I thought he was The Next Big Thing.

And by the way, I really don't recall anyonw drooling over Jerel Worthy in training camp. In fact, I think people got worried right away, as blockers swallowed him up and his quick twitch wasn't quick enough to get him past the offensive line in the NFL.
    Didn’t you pan that pick immediately? Worthy I mean.

Just for comparison 1st round picks for Dallas:
    2005 DeMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears
    2006 Bobby Catpenter
    2007 Anthony Spencer
    2008 Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins
    2009 No Pick
    2010 Dez Bryant
    2011 Tyron Smith
    2012 Morris Claiborne
    2013 Travis Fredrick
    2014 Zack Martin
    2015 Byron Jones
    2016 Ezekiel Elliott
    2017 Taco Charlton
    Who's this No Pick guy? Did he turn out?

Seriously, I read that quickly the first time and went 'I don't remember him...' then the lightbulb went on
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Who's this No Pick guy? Did he turn out?

Seriously, I read that quickly the first time and went 'I don't remember him...' then the lightbulb went on
    one of TT's best first round picks

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Worthy was never worthy. He never flashed anything in camp except an ability to charge offside. If Rodgers ever played against him, every play would've been a free play.
    What I heard about Worthy coming out was that he was good at anticipating snap counts and his whole game was predicated on a fast get-off...but that was in college. In the pros, you need more than that and he didn't have it. Adams is a R4, they'll give him a chance to play eventually. If he doesn't pan out he won't be the first guy. Worthy flopping as a R2 was costly. My guess is Adams is healthy but learning the game and the scheme. I don't know that I'd put him on the active 46 or play him over Dial or Francois, but I think he's going to get his chance soon.