Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When Mason Crosby or anyone makes an excuse and any miss ! Remember this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    it would be interesting to see who the anti black wisconsinites would support

the fascist that has turned the whole that has turned this into an anti america issue, that they helped put in office, or the beloved green bay packers
    I do not believe the answer for a Packer QB was playing after Aaron Rodgers injury today.

Does it take a tragedy like we saw today for people that are really into following the Green Bay Packers to realize that TT and MM's idea of a Backup to Aaron Rodgers is not much more than an occupied Roster Spot.

Here we are again and sick at Backup QB.

I can see it all now:

'Ohh we need to give it a chance and maybe another chance'.

Maybe we'll read 'Ohh, what do you expect from the Packers Backup QB, Aaron Rodgers'!?

I expect a Packer GM and a Packer HC and a Packer Position Coaching Staff that has a clue. Now again we'll see if that exists in any manner of reality and winning NFL games (minus) Aaron Rodgers. We'll see where the real weakness lies and the Green Bay Packers.

I feel so terrible for Aaron Rodgers and a Packer Nation that had any real hope of getting to another Super Bowl this Season. I feel real concern that the best we'll ever again see and Aaron Rodgers was in Week 5 at Dallas in the 2017-18 Season.

Up here in a civilized Canada the main Sports Channel ended the Daily Sports Show with a sad comment on the loss of Aaron Rodgers not 'only' to the Green Bay Packers but to all that is good and Pro Sports. That loss is terrible for all that is the NFL.

To learn that any football fans would actually cheer his injury is just another example of how SICK some people can be. Those people couldn't blow powder in the Hell where they are headed to.

This is a very ugly day in Pro Sports IMO and as a long time Pro Sports fan I feel a definite pain. I cannot even imagine the pain Aaron Rodgers has to be feeling right now and that will be magnified tomorrow. I hope somehow he has a way to secure some real sense of PEACE.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-15-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If they bring in someone to start, and I doubt it, then its got to be CK. There is no one else left except Romo and I agree he is a huge injury risk.

I expect they sign someone to the PS instead.
    Yeah. Unless Hundley and Callahan prove to be absolute dumpster fires then it's not likely they look at Kaep. Even then, they tend to reach out to guys with some experience in their system.

I have a feeling Hundley will be at least a mid-level QB with some reps and a gameplan a bit more tailored to his KSAs. That may not be enough given the massive amount of injuries across the team.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

If they bring in someone to start, and I doubt it, then its got to be CK. There is no one else left except Romo and I agree he is a huge injury risk.

Tony Romo is in a good place right now. Tony Romo is back on TOP with his new career choice.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-15-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Thread redirected.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    it would be interesting to see who the anti black wisconsinites would support

the fascist that has turned the whole thing into an anti america issue, that they helped put in office, or the beloved green bay packers
    piss off
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Callahan is on the practice squad now, and I won't be surprised if he stays there. Hundley will be the starter, but I can see them finding a more experienced backup, like Kaepernick, who they can plug in if Hundley bombs after a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Callahan is on the practice squad now, and I won't be surprised if he stays there. Hundley will be the starter, but I can see them finding a more experienced backup, like Kaepernick, who they can plug in if Hundley bombs after a couple weeks.
    The NFL would love it to see The Packers sign Colin Kaepernick and frankly what else makes better sense?

Do the Packers Brass really imagine that what they had/have behind Aaron Rodgers is adequate given the state/status of the current Roster?

If they do then a lot of Packer fans have been duped for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The NFL would love it to see The Packers sign Colin Kaepernick and frankly what else makes better sense?

Do the Packers Brass really imagine that what they had/have behind Aaron Rodgers is adequate given the state/status of the current Roster?

If they do then a lot of Packer fans have been duped for too long.
    To be clear, I didn't mean they would sign Kaepernick, but someone like him who has experience. I will be surprised if they are willing to bring in the controversy he represents.

As for Hundley, I think he will be fine after a week practicing with the starters, and with a game plan that expects him to be carrying it out.

Of course, if Taylor, Bulaga and Bakhtiari are all out he may not have much chance to do anything.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Luke McCown.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

To be clear, I didn't mean they would sign Kaepernick, but someone like him who has experience. I will be surprised if they are willing to bring in the controversy he represents.

As for Hundley, I think he will be fine after a week practicing with the starters, and with a game plan that expects him to be carrying it out.

Of course, if Taylor, Bulaga and Bakhtiari are all out he may not have much chance to do anything.
    The Packers won't sign Colin Kaepernick.That would not at all be The Green Bay Packers.

Too much Head Hair?

No ....because it takes too long to get set into the MM style of Offense. They actually then have their best Option already; such as that will play out as OK or not

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...fin-rg3-032917
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-15-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Luke McCown.
    The Jets starter?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

We don't need Kaepernick; We don't need Romo; We don't need either McCown; We don't need any other trash laying around except maybe as a practice squad QB. Hundley will do just fine, and if he doesn't, no retread would be able to save the season anyway.

The ironic thing is that QB is one of the few positions on the team where Ted has provided us with decent depth.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    We don't need Kaepernick; We don't need Romo; We don't need either McCown; We don't need any other trash laying around except maybe as a practice squad QB. Hundley will do just fine, and if he doesn't, no retread would be able to save the season anyway.

The ironic thing is that QB is one of the few positions on the team where Ted has provided us with decent depth.
    Will you be correct?

Many hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Yeah. Unless Hundley and Callahan prove to be absolute dumpster fires then it's not likely they look at Kaep. Even then, they tend to reach out to guys with some experience in their system.

I have a feeling Hundley will be at least a mid-level QB with some reps and a gameplan a bit more tailored to his KSAs. That may not be enough given the massive amount of injuries across the team.
    The offensive line was G4, G5, C1, G2, G6/T6 (G1 Taylor, G3 Barclay).
    The back end was CB4, CB3, CB6, S1, and S4 (CB1 King, CB2 House, S2 Burnett, S3 Brice, CB 5 Rollins)

There were no more bodies. Hard to do anything when you're playing your redshirt players due to injury.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    The back end was CB4, CB3, CB6, S1, and S4 (CB1 King, CB2 House, S2 Burnett, S3 Brice, CB 5 Rollins)

There were no more bodies. Hard to do anything when you're playing your redshirt players due to injury.
    yep, it was preseason football game #4, Q4 out there at the end.

BRING BLACK TAYSOM HILL
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So, Pollyanna, you're suggesting we go the rest of the year with only two QB's on the roster? hahahaha
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    So, Pollyanna, you're suggesting we go the rest of the year with only two QB's on the roster? hahahaha
    Yeah, and maybe one on the practice squad. You seem to be assuming Aaron Rodgers is not coming back before the end of the season. I think he is eligible to be IRed and brought back, right? Or is it too late for that?

What would you do? Go out and sign some old retread?

I want to see a QB named Brett starting right up until Rodgers comes back. Could there possibly be a different last name after Brett? I'd take him over Romo, Kaepernick, anybody else who might be out there, even at age 48 or whatever ....... but that'll never happen hahahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Don't you think there will be 3 QBs on roster before next week's game?

My bet is Callahan gets promoted and they sign some to the PS.

If its 4-6 and no Rodgers, then they might take the CK/Romo plunge. Would be an interesting choice, tank the season and get into top 10 or sign a former starter.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yeah, and maybe one on the practice squad. You seem to be assuming Aaron Rodgers is not coming back before the end of the season. I think he is eligible to be IRed and brought back, right? Or is it too late for that?

What would you do? Go out and sign some old retread?

I want to see a QB named Brett starting right up until Rodgers comes back. Could there possibly be a different last name after Brett? I'd take him over Romo, Kaepernick, anybody else who might be out there, even at age 48 or whatever ....... but that'll never happen hahahahaha.
    Truth be told I was responding to Patler's post above when I suggested McCown (as an alternative to CK). But yeah, I am expecting Arod to be out for the balance of the regular season. It's his throwing shoulder isn't it?

Actually, I wouldn't mind them playing Hundley and Callahan for the rest of the season. But they must sign another guy to back them up even if Arod is expected back in 6-8 weeks because our O-line will likely get Hundley or Callahan killed. It's prudent to get someone else early so they can start learning the system. Rand suggested that T. Hill guy from the preseason if he's available. I'd be cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post

I forgot one. Had to update it.

The offensive line was G5, G6, C1, G2, G7/T6 (G1 Taylor, G3 Barclay, G4 Murphy, T1 Bakh, T2 Bulaga, T3 Barclay, T4 Spriggs, T5 Murphy). In other words, they were down to the equivalent of an entire second string line with six players out with injury who were all preferred over what was on the field (some in the same position like LT).

Also, Kofi Amichia must really need a redshirt season as they've gone outside the team for help and he hasn't been brought up yet.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.