Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NaVorro Bowman

NaVorro Bowman

guy was just flat out cut by the 49ers

he demanded a trade, but they wouldn't give him any input into where he was being traded to.

he's 29, and a 4 time pro bowler

3 questions, is he still an elite player? can he play in our system, and is he better then ryan and the mexican we already have?

he's coming off achilles surgery. idk

couldn't hurt to have him in for a look.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Sign him!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    guy was just flat out cut by the 49ers

he demanded a trade, but they wouldn't give him any input into where he was being traded to.

he's 29, and a 4 time pro bowler

3 questions, is he still an elite player? can he play in our system, and is he better then ryan and the mexican we already have?
    I think our mexican is pretty good. Bowman would probably be better than the irish guy from michigan. He missed all of 2014 after tearing his mcl and acl in the NFC Title Game. Missed all but 4 games last year with achilles injury.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The achilles injury is the lesser problem. He missed 2014 with a serious knee injury - ACL+. He had a very good year in 2015, but you never know. I'd take a chance on him if he isn't too expensive.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The achilles injury is the lesser problem. He missed 2014 with a serious knee injury - ACL+. He had a very good year in 2015, but you never know. I'd take a chance on him if he isn't too expensive.
    i think i read that his cap number this year was 6.5 million and next years number was just under 12 million

that said, the 49ers said they did receive good offers for him, so there are teams out there willing to pay what was left on those numbers

so, he won't come cheap. he is an elite player after all (unless injuries have changed that)

Bowman is automatically a free agent. It will be interesting to see what kind of deal he can strike with a new team.

actually, i just saw that the 49ers are on the hook for his entire salary this year, whatever anyone else wants to pay him is just bonus money

he might sign with a contender for dirt cheap

Ian Rapoport reported that he was hoping to double dip and land some serious coin. I'd love to have him in for a look and cut him a phat check for one year. If he's great, then we bring him back, if not, he leaves. No big deal and we're only out some cashola.

This guy is another guy Harbaugh chiseled out of wood. Bring him in and keep stealing all that talent for pennies on the dollar.

He is intriguing but is he damaged goods? You have to wonder why a team like the 9ers who need talent would be willing to let him go and get nothing in return...

There is offset language in his contract with the 49ers...

His salary in 2017 and 2018 are guaranteed. Whatever a new team pays him, SF will not have to pay him. The only way he can make more money is if his new team exceeds his guarantees from SF.

That will not happen. It basically means whatever team signs him gets him for the minimum (no cap hit) and SF will pay him all the rest. Would be a very frugal signing, but I'm not sure he fits with how much Nitro type stuff we run. Might help against Dallas in the playoffs, though, to stop the power running game.

His list of teams must have beeb mighty short for them to get NOTHING in return.

I suspect no one wanted the contract AND giving up picks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Bowman is good hand, but I don't know. We got enough old Niners. Isn't he nicked now, for instance.

I like our young boys at ILB.

You can hire every old player that pops up.

Stay with our kids inside.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    His list of teams must have beeb mighty short for them to get NOTHING in return.

I suspect no one wanted the contract AND giving up picks.
    Is it correct if a team made a trade with the Niners, that team would then have been on the hook for the guaranteed '17 and '18 amount? If that's true, it could explain the no takers for a trade.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    There is offset language in his contract with the 49ers...

His salary in 2017 and 2018 are guaranteed. Whatever a new team pays him, SF will not have to pay him. The only way he can make more money is if his new team exceeds his guarantees from SF.
    Article on PFT said although 9ers get dollar for dollar credit, he can still double dip by designating the remainder of his 2017 salary as termination pay, in which case he would get it all, and still be able to also collect whatever he signs for

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...avorro-bowman/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

sounds like he demanded a trade because he was being taken out of the game in certain situations. he might have lost a step, but he hasn't figured that out yet

I believe that NaVorro Bowman will be signed to a new NFL Team as soon as next week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/4...at-make-sense/

49ers surprisingly cut NaVorro Bowman: Here are five landing spots that make sense
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

This is a no brainer to me. Lost a step? Okay, maybe, but then he is still a very good linebacker. Dude was 1st team All-Pro 3x I believe.

The question for me is this: Do you think you have a shot at winning a super bowl this year? If yes, do you think he is an upgrade over Jake Ryan? If yes, then you sign him and go all in with virtually no long term risk*

* assuming it's a one year deal.

I predict he ends up in GB, Dallas, Seattle, Philly, NE, Pittsburgh, or Denver. Maybe Oakland too.

Wouldn't play him over martinez. is he worth the money for the limited upgrade over Ryan? my guess is some other team will give him more snaps
    Go PACK

Haven't watched any 49er games this year, but if he is even close to 2015 form and you can land him for a reasonable price you do it. Our D was different when Clay played MLB. If we had Bowman and he is still Bowman its a game changer. I don't think we do it though. They are committed to the Nitro. I would bet good money he lands in Dallas.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.