View Poll Results: WHATIS DEVANTE ADAMS Fair Market Value as an UFA ???

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fair Value would be 4-6 MIL/Year

0 0%
  • First Market Value would be 6-9 MIL per year

5 29.41%
  • First Market Value would be 9-13 MIL per year

12 70.59%
  • An Elite WR like Adams deserves over 13MIL per year

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DAVANTE ADAMS---THE FRESNO FREAK

Blog Entries

DAVANTE ADAMS---THE FRESNO FREAK

My apologies to the local Fresno guy in Madtown. I was completely wrong on Devante Adams and I think he's the real deal.

BUT.........WHAT IS THIS GUY WORTH ?

Scary thought...but he's an UFA after this year.....We're paying Cobb and Jordy good salaries....Is Adams Next, and can TT afford to give money like that to 3 WR's ?

And does Aaron Rodgers make him better than h really is, or is he the real deal regardless of where he goes ? Often he's hardly open, but AROD puts him I a position to make plays....AKA..the game winner last week

THE POLL WILL ASK WHAT DO YOU DEVANTE ADAMS IS WORTH;

and in the body please post what you think Ted will do with our WR position next year.
    Last edited by Bretsky; 10-13-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    PLEASE POST YOUR VOTE IN HERE...AND PREDICT WHAT GB DOES
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I think Adams deserves in between 9-13 MIL/year and signs back with GB at the higher end of that range.

I'm really unsure what GB does but I can't see them paying all 3 and my guess is they part with Cobb

I said 9-13. 11 million per year puts him in the top 10-15. Cobb's and Jordy's contracts end after the 2018 season. TT will sign Adams to an extension, with the big money not kicking in until 2019. At that point, Jordy and Cobb will either be gone or earning a lower salary. My guess is TT will let Cobb leave. Geronimo Allison makes him dispensable. He will sign Jordy for a couple more years and draft a WR in the 2nd round in 2018.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

This is going to be the most interesting story of the off-season. I don't think they would like Adams to leave but I think he'll price himself out of GB, and ultimately bust wherever he goes.

If you can only have one next year, do you pick Adams or Jordy? I pick Adams based on age but I don't think either is a star.

Pay the man.

Also need to desperately restock the WR position.

Jordy is aging like he has a condition.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Agree with 9-13 and that the position needs restocking. I don't know if Allison makes Cobb redundant because they have very different skill sets. If Cobb were willing to re-sign for a modest amount I could see him staying beyond 2018. Not sure what Allison's ceiling is, but TT needs to find someone in the Jennings/Nelson mold, someone who bring the explosive play back to the passing game.

Open market is around $11M per year. I think he's worth about $8M per if you take Rodgers out of the equation. But, contracts are not made in that way. He'll get his money here in GB.

This is like a slave auction.

Except in this case, the slave owns the auctioneer (his agent), and is selling himself. Perhaps more like indentured servitude, yes?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    This is like a slave auction.
    holy hell
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think packers will sign him within the next couple weeks.

he deserves the same kind of money jordy and cobb got imo, if not a bit more with the cap going up

those 2 both got around 10 per year

so, if that happens, we will have 3 of the top 20 highest paid WR's in the nfl

someone has to go, and i don't think its the young guy just hitting his potential

and then again, we come back to the same question. is he a legit #1 WR because that is legit #1 money. we greatly overpaid cobb and thats going to bite us in the ass with the adams contract

what no one on here is talking about (at least i haven't seen it), was the bullet we dodged after adams scored the TD

i cringed when i saw it live

adams fired the ball into the stands, and should have been flagged, he was fined for throwing the ball after the game. a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff would have made things a lot more uncomfortable

yeah it was an emotional momnet and a huge play, but you gotta be smarter there

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    what no one on here is talking about (at least i haven't seen it), was the bullet we dodged after adams scored the TD

i cringed when i saw it live

adams fired the ball into the stands, and should have been flagged, he was fined for throwing the ball after the game. a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff would have made things a lot more uncomfortable

yeah it was an emotional momnet and a huge play, but you gotta be smarter there
    I don't think using the ball as a prop in a celebration (might be the only one) is a penalty anymore.

Just a fine for throwing away team/league property and taking a risk of poking Grandma's eye out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't think using the ball as a prop in a celebration (might be the only one) is a penalty anymore.

Just a fine for throwing away team/league property and taking a risk of poking Grandma's eye out.
    maybe so, but i have to think that if there was a fine, then there could have/should have been a flag on the play

this is whats wrong with the NFL imo, and why people are leaving. they keep muddying the water, and each year we know less about the rules of the game

I'm with the majority here RE: His Value.

If I was in TT's Role.... I'd sign him ASAP. This is a quality WR and I'm not allowing him to test his market value if I can sign him soon.

I'll be surprised if TT does that.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Pay him 9/13 mil per and ask Cobb to resign around 5 mil per. Cobb still knows what to do when Aaron scrambles. When healthy this is the best unit top to bottom in the league. I say keep all 3 at least into next year and then reevaluate.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

I love Adams but he's not a top wr in the league, regardless of what his stats say. Anything over 10m a year would make me wary.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I love Adams but he's not a top wr in the league, regardless of what his stats say. Anything over 10m a year would make me wary.
    A good WR with a great QB. Lots of good WRs.