View Poll Results: WHATIS DEVANTE ADAMS Fair Market Value as an UFA ???

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fair Value would be 4-6 MIL/Year

0 0%
  • First Market Value would be 6-9 MIL per year

5 29.41%
  • First Market Value would be 9-13 MIL per year

12 70.59%
  • An Elite WR like Adams deserves over 13MIL per year

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DAVANTE ADAMS---THE FRESNO FREAK

I'm going with the 6-9, but the high end of that. I think about 9 is right. Rodgers has a way of making his WR's look better than they are. Can you imagine Adams playing with Winston or Flacco? I don't think the 8 inches of separation he gets would be enough. He has come on. He is good. He isn't Jordy good and he isn't a top 20 WR.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I went 6-9. I read his catch rate is 57% .add that to the Rodgers effect and I don't see him as elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I went 6-9. I read his catch rate is 57% .add that to the Rodgers effect and I don't see him as elite.
    But some WR needy team will offer him big money to lure him away so if we wanna keep him we have to offer more than 6-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I love Adams but he's not a top wr in the league, regardless of what his stats say. Anything over 10m a year would make me wary.
    I’m with you, he’s pretty good, he’s not elite.

The question was "fair market value", not what we should pay for him. Somebody will be willing to pay $9-13 million for him. We probably shouldn't. Whatever Adams is, he is because of Aaron Rodgers being so damn good. He isn't a Julio Jones or A.J. Green who are so good that they make the QB seem better than he is. It's the other way around.

As for restocking WRs, we have untapped resources at that position right now, and it seems like it isn't all that hard at all to pick up players who will be quality players with Aaron Rodgers throwing to them. Now if we could get a superstar - Julio or A.J. or whoever quality, go for it - but determining that in advance of the draft seems unlikely.

Harlan, in slave auctions, the slaves don't get the money.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I’m with you, he’s pretty good, he’s not elite.
    the problem is that we set the bar for wr's that were pretty good but not great two years ago when we gave cobb 10 million a year

I love this kid. I hope he stays around for a long, productive time.

Jason Wilde
    @jasonjwilde
    Interesting chat with Davante Adams today. Used 'when,' not 'if,' when mentioning Rodgers' comeback: "It's about making sure we put ourselves in a position where, when 12 is back, he’s back for a reason."

He sticks up for himself, but doesn't complain about being treated unfairly. He believes in himself and is willing to ask QBs to put it on him. And he occasionally lets something go that gives a clear picture of what the players are actually thinking.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    with the Packers familiarity breeds contract.

Packers prob slightly overpay him, and then Cobb either signs a team friendly contract or is gone.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Harlan, in slave auctions, the slaves don't get the money.
    Are you sure? I mean, I've only been to 2 of them, and it was never made clear.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I love this kid. I hope he stays around for a long, productive time.

Jason Wilde
    @jasonjwilde
    Interesting chat with Davante Adams today. Used 'when,' not 'if,' when mentioning Rodgers' comeback: "It's about making sure we put ourselves in a position where, when 12 is back, he’s back for a reason."

He sticks up for himself, but doesn't complain about being treated unfairly. He believes in himself and is willing to ask QBs to put it on him. And he occasionally lets something go that gives a clear picture of what the players are actually thinking.

I like him as well, but james jones led the NFL in TDs with Rodgers throwing him the ball.