Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    {quote}
    The scoop: "Josh Allen is the best quarterback in this draft. I think all of the talk about his accuracy is the most overblown thing out there. His guys don't get open, which causes a lot of the incompletions -- it's not an accuracy issue." -- NFC executive
    {quote}

Allen isn't as accurate as Wentz, but his problems were mainly because his WRs were inferior to opposing CBs. Same thing with Wentz at NDSU. NDSU is a school that runs and plays defense, they don't get good WR recruits. Both Allen and Wentz had to make a lot of tight window throws.
    Emory Hunt @FBallGameplan
    Comparing Josh Allen to Carson Wentz is discrediting ALL of what Wentz accomplished at NDSU. Their situations aren't the same and Wyoming is an FBS program, so not a 'small school'.

Mike Clay @MikeClayNFL
    Worst final FBS season off-target rates among top QB prospects last 3 years:
    Josh Allen 16.3%
    DeShone Kizer 14.5%
    Jeff Driskel 14.4%
    Connor Cook 13.5%
    C Hackenberg 13.4%

Did Allen throw during a Pro Day? Wonder if he looked better on air with receivers he knew.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

People are mad about this kid. AY/A = adjusted yards per attempt.

Football Perspective @fbgchase
    In Josh Allen's good year of 2016, he ranked 4th in the Mountain West in AY/A.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    People are mad about this kid. AY/A = adjusted yards per attempt.

Football Perspective @fbgchase
    In Josh Allen's good year of 2016, he ranked 4th in the Mountain West in AY/A.

and led the league in both TDs and INTs. Looks like he ran a lot too. IMO Arm strength can be improved in the weight room, but accuracy takes breaking down and rebuilding fundamentals and even then it's no gimme. Too much risk to take with a top 10 R1 pick if I were a GM.
    Now if he fell all the way to end of R1 top of R2 and you could be patient with him, maybe, but I'm still not on the bandwagon.

I could very well be wrong.

His pro day reviewed by PFW: https://t.co/hZXVduaGy1