Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

The 2nd coach has a hall of fame QB and has won multiple Super Bowls. The 2nd coach has previous experience in the league where he didn’t have a hall of fame QB and was run out of town.
    Coming off an 11-5 season and a Divisional playoff loss, the Browns were 4-5 when Modell announced the team was moving to Baltimore. That effectively ended their season and Cheat's run as head coach. It's a little more complicated than 'run out of town' - there was extreme animosity towards Modell and the organization happening. And Testaverde wasn't HOF level, but he wasn't chopped liver either.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Coming off an 11-5 season and a Divisional playoff loss, the Browns were 4-5 when Modell announced the team was moving to Baltimore. That effectively ended their season and Cheat's run as head coach. It's a little more complicated than 'run out of town' - there was extreme animosity towards Modell and the organization happening. And Testaverde wasn't HOF level, but he wasn't chopped liver either.
    I know there was a lot of complexity to the situation. I just find it refreshing to make broad brush statements based on nothing but how I feel and my dislike towards a franchise and their coach.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston