Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Anybody else feel Darnold is overrated? There are comparisons to Andrew Luck. I don't see it at all. I think Josh Rosen looks like the best QB, but there seem to be character concerns with him. Not really "face of the franchise" material. Lamar Jackson has longevity concerns. Mayfield is a talent, but he has off the field concerns (although his leadership has been praised) and he's short. Josh Allen has the most talent in the group, but most think he'll end up being the biggest bust. I have a feeling he's going to kill the combine, do well in his interviews, and somebody will fall in love with him. His talent might be worth the risk.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...st-round-pick/

1. Denver Broncos (from CLE)

" Sam Darnold, QB, USC. If the Broncos can't land Kirk Cousins in free agency, and they're not satisfied going into the season with any of the other free agents, they'll have a problem on their hands: who starts at QB? Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch have proven to not be the answer. If they get to the draft with nothing but a low-cost stopgap in place, I can definitely see John Elway pulling the trigger on a deal to move up for his No. 1 target. Is that Darnold? Impossible to say at this point, but if it is, there seems little chance he lasts to No. 5."

NO. 14 and a Trade Up to Position 9:

9. Green Bay Packers (from SF)

Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa. " The Packers aren't typically a team that goes trading up and down the draft, but the wild card is new general manager Brian Gutekunst. While he's likely to continue the same conservative traditions after rising through the ranks in Green Bay, it's impossible to know for sure whether he'll be more open to wheeling and dealing. After spending a long time as the team's director of college scouting, expecting him to take the risk for the right prospect makes some amount of sense. Jackson could be the guy that's worth it as the top true cornerback prospect in this year's draft."

Joshua Jackson
    || Iowa Cornerback || Ultimate Highlights ||
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-09-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau