Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That is part of why I think others are right and this was discussed about the time M3 got his one year extension.

Part of the problem of being a lame duck is getting good staff. In fact, I would be impressed if they landed their top choices.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That is part of why I think others are right and this was discussed about the time M3 got his one year extension.

Part of the problem of being a lame duck is getting good staff. In fact, I would be impressed if they landed their top choices.
    I wouldn’t on the defensive side of the ball. If I am an up and coming talent as a position coach I’d take the job in a second.

If you can imorove a D that performed poorly last year and the O still sputters and the new GM decides to can MM you would be in position for the HC spot at GB. If you improve the D and the O gets back to its usual, the Packers will make a deep run in the playoffs and other teams will start looking at you for their HC job.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I wouldn’t on the defensive side of the ball. If I am an up and coming talent as a position coach I’d take the job in a second.

If you can imorove a D that performed poorly last year and the O still sputters and the new GM decides to can MM you would be in position for the HC spot at GB. If you improve the D and the O gets back to its usual, the Packers will make a deep run in the playoffs and other teams will start looking at you for their HC job.
    I don't know. Most in demand coordinator candidates are looking for some stability.

I could see a guy getting a promotion saying the hell with it and taking the risk. Either internal (Perry, Whitt) or external position coach who has been waiting.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't know. Most in demand coordinator candidates are looking for some stability.

I could see a guy getting a promotion saying the hell with it and taking the risk. Either internal (Perry, Whitt) or external position coach who has been waiting.

I've joked many times (but was serious) that I'd hire you as a campaign manager in a second and you'd be great whether you believed in my cause or not

There are legit DC's out there. There are legit Personnell guys out there.

I won't be the only one seriously bummed if we hire Cappie Russ and a DC from the inside when there are proven guys out there.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I've joked many times (but was serious) that I'd hire you as a campaign manager in a second and you'd be great whether you believed in my cause or not

There are legit DC's out there. There are legit Personnell guys out there.

I won't be the only one seriously bummed if we hire Cappie Russ and a DC from the inside when there are proven guys out there.
    I am not advocating it. I was saying the reason you extend M3 is to avoid those being your ONLY choices.

I want Fangio or maybe the Arizona guy Bettchner. Would also take Manusky if they could shake him lose (he and M3 are friends).

Its possible Whitt (Woodson and Harris believe in him, which isn't bad) and Perry (who while with Pittsburgh was heavily reported to be in line for a DC job) might be great. I just don't know how to tell. Whitt's guys seem more organized than Perry, but who can tell?

I gotta be faster than Kendricks and more elusive than RichRod.