Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
Clearly TT was Eastwood and Eliot is the Matt Lillard character in 'Trouble with Curve' meme. If what you are saying about recent picks is right, either TT got infected with the analytics bug, or others were running the draft show. Thus, your question is hugely important - which side won out in the power reorganization? Is Gute closer to Eastwood or Lillard? What kind of Terminator will he be? Heaven help us if he's Justin Timberlake.
Hopefully whoever introduced SPARQ to this website pokes their head in. It was a couple of years ago, after Ted they had hired a couple of people to teach it to him. The gist of the PackerRats post was that the analytics stuff had an impact here like in Seattle, chasing certain explosive athletic traits and it predated SPRIGGS™ or Fackrell.

Might have been (probably was) pushed by younger guys, but I don't know whatever became of it. Kornelios clearly thinks its still going on, probably part of the getting faster and longer on defense last year.

If you are going to chase a breakout guy in the draft, I like the approach. Not sure I like trading up or over drafting for it though, cause its still just a probability. Spriggs was an exception not because of his traits, but his draft value was the last of the top end tackles in that draft.