Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Anybody else feel Darnold is overrated? There are comparisons to Andrew Luck. I don't see it at all. I think Josh Rosen looks like the best QB, but there seem to be character concerns with him. Not really "face of the franchise" material. Lamar Jackson has longevity concerns. Mayfield is a talent, but he has off the field concerns (although his leadership has been praised) and he's short. Josh Allen has the most talent in the group, but most think he'll end up being the biggest bust. I have a feeling he's going to kill the combine, do well in his interviews, and somebody will fall in love with him. His talent might be worth the risk.

Isn't Rosen Mr. Inaccurate this year?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Isn't Rosen Mr. Inaccurate this year?
    I don't think he's inaccurate. He just seems like a turd, and his teams didn't win much (UCLA barely went .500 with him). Physically, he reminds me of a skinnier Carson Palmer. He's the best looking QB on film.

This QB group seems a bit overrated as far as franchise QB material--although there are more decent prospects than normal. Most will get drafted too high. I didn't expect to like Mason Rudolph (thought he'd be a system QB), but the more I watch of him, the more I like.

It's a good group of RBs. Barkley is a stud. I like Sony Michel a lot.

I just started studying the WRs, and I don't like the ones at the top much. I think Ridley is head and shoulders above the rest. He's not going to wow you with his ball skills or YAC (he's more Marvin Harrison than Terrell Owens), but I love his route running and hands. Michael Gallup is a sleeper I like. He looks better on film than the guys ahead of him.
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 02-04-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson