Most of what is wrong on defense was due to Dom Capers and the outgoing coaching staff... it's tough to tell what we really have in terms of talent b/c of how misused everyone was.

That said, we do know some things...

Ryan is maxed out as a backup/ST's guy - has no business in an NFL starting lineup.

Martinez is average, probably needs to be replaced. Maybe some coaching can help him - he's better than Ryan, and occasionally shows some ability, but overall he's not shown he should be a starter in the league.

Randall is a one-trick pony, can't tackle, takes bad angles, and just isn't a very good football player. Needs to be replaced.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tackling overall has always been an issue since Capers has been there, and some of that has to do with the skirt-wearing style of players the Packers have preferred in the past. Hopefully with a new staff coming in, we'll see some fundamental changes in approach and attitude.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As for players in this draft - I don't want Davenport at all. I just don't see him having enough quickness or any other outstanding quality that puts him in the 1st round. To me, from the little tape that I've watched, he looks like a low-round, undrafted FA type.

Been hearing some buzz too about Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State... but I didn't like what I saw of him either.

Front seven guys I've looked at that I've like so far are...

Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
Arden Key, LB/Edge, LSU
Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virgina Tech
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, LB, Oklahoma
Harold Landry, LB/Edge, Boston College