Thread: Best Paragraph I've Read About the 2018 Offense

Best Paragraph I've Read About the 2018 Offense

has now been written.

“The thing that I hate as a pet peeve, is Tuesday night in the middle of a season, you're trying to figure out, 'Well, what am I going to call this formation?’ Oh my gosh,” Philbin said. “Now we feel we've got a system in place where we can virtually line up anybody anywhere. And how much we do that, that might depend week to week. But we don't have to sit around and call it 'Oh that's Viking Right' because we're playing in Minnesota, and then next week it's 'St. Louis Left' … even though I guess St. Louis doesn't have a team anymore.

Simplifying in this manner, where the complexity of plays and route combos is not lost but is made easier and quicker to understand for the offense, could be a very good thing. Making you quicker (and your young players more likely to contribute) and keeping the defense on its heels.

Same is true for understanding what the defense is presenting to you.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...004d83e6a.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    has now been written.

Simplifying in this manner, where the complexity of plays and route combos is not lost but is made easier and quicker to understand for the offense, could be a very good thing. Making you quicker (and your young players more likely to contribute) and keeping the defense on its heels.

Thanks pbmax

"...ultimately, Hostler said, the goal is for the offense — despite all the alterations — to look essentially the same as it always has on Sunday when Rodgers is under center. Because he’s the one who makes it what it is. ..."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

has now been written.

Last year's failure with Hundley had me wondering if perhaps MM had designed an offense that only Rodgers can run. I wonder if that is part of the reason for this change, making it possible for the backup to run it.

Last year had me wondering if MM can't groom an adequate backup.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    That's not the role of the head coach. That's the role of the QB coach. Hopefully Cignetti will be better than Van Pelt.

Last year PROVED to me that stubby is nothing without Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That's not the role of the head coach. That's the role of the QB coach. Hopefully Cignetti will be better than Van Pelt.
    The head coach is supposed to have a handle on everything. Watching the offense every day at practice should bring some kind of awareness.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

My thought when they brought back Philbin, same as my thought when he left to become a head coach, was that Philbin wasn't a real O Coordinator when he was with the Packers at all. McCarthy basically handled that role himself, just leaving Philbin with a few scraps.

I tend to doubt Philbin would just sign on for a repeat of that sort of thing. I'm assuming he told McCarthy "I'll only come back if I can run things like a real O.C." If that's true, we'll see if he's really any good. If he ain't, maybe we will see Ol' Mike take back the job like he did when whatshisname called plays for a while a few years ago.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hundley falling on his face was a disaster for the entire organization. Top to bottom.

But McCarthy's calling cards are QB development and game plans/calls. It on him directly AND as the manager of the coaching staff.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Last year PROVED to me that stubby is nothing without Rodgers.
    Even Doug Pederson needed someone with Nick Foles relative talents. Now, all he can do is have a big arm and make a pre snap read. I am not sure Hundley is even at that level.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Hundley falling on his face was a disaster for the entire organization. Top to bottom.

But McCarthy's calling cards are QB development and game plans/calls. It on him directly AND as the manager of the coaching staff.
    As Wolf used to say, if you can't play, you can't play. Hundley can't play.

Blame should go to Todd. Hundley was outperformed in the preseason by some 27 year old UDFA Mormon, and Todd managed to do absolutely nothing about the situation. Pack would've made the playoffs with Kap filling in for the Great Arm of Butte instead of the Hun.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    As Wolf used to say, if you can't play, you can't play. Hundley can't play.

Blame should go to Todd. Hundley was outperformed in the preseason by some 27 year old UDFA Mormon, and Todd managed to do absolutely nothing about the situation. Pack would've made the playoffs with Kap filling in for the Great Arm of Butte instead of the Hun.
    A 27 year old who looked like the previous years Callahan or prior years Janis because he was facing the 3rd and 4th string.

You have to trust what your offensive guru is telling you or there is no point to the coaches speaking to the personnel department. The worst part about it is that McCarthy couldn't change the game plan to make it better. Its one more reason to fear his time has ended.

The head coach is supposed to have a handle on everything. Watching the offense every day at practice should bring some kind of awareness.
    Absolutely.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau