Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here's my uneducated wishlist for DC, in order:

1. Bettchner
    2. Fangio
    3. Whitt

Here's my uneducated wishlist for GM, in order:

1. I have no idea
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Here's my uneducated wishlist for DC, in order:

1. Bettchner
    2. Fangio
    3. Whitt

Here's my uneducated wishlist for GM, in order:

1. I have no idea
    So if the Packers hire a 4-3 cover two scheme coordinator they will have to look at drafting different personnel. They need a fast athletic middle linebacker which they don't have. They don't have any 5 tech or 7 tech ends. The secondary should be in better shape as communication is a bit more straight forward. They can basically cut their two starting outside linebackers as Perry's skill set won't transfer and regardless of scheme Matthews should be cut. Sure there is a cap hit on Perry, but he is over paid

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    So if the Packers hire a 4-3 cover two scheme coordinator they will have to look at drafting different personnel. They need a fast athletic middle linebacker which they don't have. They don't have any 5 tech or 7 tech ends. The secondary should be in better shape as communication is a bit more straight forward. They can basically cut their two starting outside linebackers as Perry's skill set won't transfer and regardless of scheme Matthews should be cut. Sure there is a cap hit on Perry, but he is over paid
    If they switch to the 4-3, Perry will be your pass rushing RDE and Matthews will be the SOLB. Ryan might get a run at MLB but in coverage it will be a mess and they will need an upgrade in physical talent. Martinez will get a look at WOLB and they would prefer to put him there, but he might have to be the Mike. Thomas might have to man the Will.

But they won't be in a 4-3 base much. Most of the snaps will be Daniels-Clark-Perry with the 3 LBs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    If Josh Jones puts it together, can he function as that fast middle linebacker?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    If Josh Jones puts it together, can he function as that fast middle linebacker?
    You have to take on a center or guard if you are alone in there. He would have to be a Will.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You have to take on a center or guard if you are alone in there. He would have to be a Will.
    How big is Arizona's middle LB? Isn't he around 220? (I could be waaaaay off on that.)

I know DT is probabaly the last thing we need, but Payne from Alabama is a scary looking dude

Which poster was big into believing that the Packers had moved slightly at least toward analytics to measure athletic performance and explosion? SPARQ I think one metric was called?

Because I found another true believe on Twitter. His definition of analytics is off, though in the specific case of the draft it might apply. Not sure how much data he has on the players, but here you go:

Kornélios Taylor @iKornelios
    High Athletic Scores Got The Following #Packers Drafted Earlier Than Maybe They Should’ve:

Jason Spriggs
    Kyler Fackrell
    Damarious Randall
    Quinten Rollins

Analytics is a math formula created to quantify production combined w/ combine athletic scores to identify special players.

He's also big into believing OLbs/DEs in 4-3 and 3-4 pay vastly different roles which is too simplistic. There are some takeoff differences between a 2 point and 3 point stance, but Brooks and Perry aren't in coverage much. Not too sold on that part of his posts, but he has a great question for Guteus Maximus:

If I were a #Packers beat reporter attending the NFL Combine the real question to ask isn’t the basic questions you ask every combine about the teams biggest needs. If you want to write a great informative article, ask GUTE: analytics vs film, and it’s role in hitting on picks.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He's also big into believing OLbs/DEs in 4-3 and 3-4 pay vastly different roles which is too simplistic. There are some takeoff differences between a 2 point and 3 point stance, but Brooks and Perry aren't in coverage much. Not too sold on that part of his posts, but he has a great question for Guteus Maximus:

If I were a #Packers beat reporter attending the NFL Combine the real question to ask isn’t the basic questions you ask every combine about the teams biggest needs. If you want to write a great informative article, ask GUTE: analytics vs film, and it’s role in hitting on picks.
    Clearly TT was Eastwood and Eliot is the Matt Lillard character in 'Trouble with Curve' meme. If what you are saying about recent picks is right, either TT got infected with the analytics bug, or others were running the draft show. Thus, your question is hugely important - which side won out in the power reorganization? Is Gute closer to Eastwood or Lillard? What kind of Terminator will he be? Heaven help us if he's Justin Timberlake.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Clearly TT was Eastwood and Eliot is the Matt Lillard character in 'Trouble with Curve' meme. If what you are saying about recent picks is right, either TT got infected with the analytics bug, or others were running the draft show. Thus, your question is hugely important - which side won out in the power reorganization? Is Gute closer to Eastwood or Lillard? What kind of Terminator will he be? Heaven help us if he's Justin Timberlake.
    Hopefully whoever introduced SPARQ to this website pokes their head in. It was a couple of years ago, after Ted they had hired a couple of people to teach it to him. The gist of the PackerRats post was that the analytics stuff had an impact here like in Seattle, chasing certain explosive athletic traits and it predated SPRIGGS™ or Fackrell.

Might have been (probably was) pushed by younger guys, but I don't know whatever became of it. Kornelios clearly thinks its still going on, probably part of the getting faster and longer on defense last year.

If you are going to chase a breakout guy in the draft, I like the approach. Not sure I like trading up or over drafting for it though, cause its still just a probability. Spriggs was an exception not because of his traits, but his draft value was the last of the top end tackles in that draft.

Who are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round receivers in this draft? I think the Packers are far more likely to sign a defender than a WR in free agency, and they desperately need them. I would have zero problem with getting rid of both Cobb and Nelson, and bringing in some young, speedy talent.

Yeah, we did trade up for Spriggs, but he was highly rated for the slot we selected him, even by traditional scouting sources.
    Last edited by smuggler; 01-13-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Yeah, we did trade up for Spriggs, but he was highly rated for the slot we selected him, even by traditional scouting sorceress.

Traditional Scouting Sorceress
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

Traditional Scouting Sorceress
    That looks like some of the roadkill packer fans wear to games:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Foxy.

Or the sorceress of castle greyskull who gave the something something sword to Adam making him He-man. Sheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Or the sorceress of castle greyskull who gave the something something sword to Adam making him He-man. Sheesh
    I believe it is the power sword.

Hah. My bad. I'm traveling and I'm on mobile.

I didn't want Spriggs, but thought he'd develop... as it is, he looks like a complete bust that can't play at all. Just cut him.

Didn't want Randall... he can go; Ryan needs to be replaced. We need a TE and WR...

Don't know what kind of fronts Pettine will go with early, but at least for now I think the 3-3 is still the best way to go. He can go with a 4-2 as well, but not with Ryan and Martinez on the field together... preferably with neither of them on the field.
    wist