Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Clearly TT was Eastwood and Eliot is the Matt Lillard character in 'Trouble with Curve' meme. If what you are saying about recent picks is right, either TT got infected with the analytics bug, or others were running the draft show. Thus, your question is hugely important - which side won out in the power reorganization? Is Gute closer to Eastwood or Lillard? What kind of Terminator will he be? Heaven help us if he's Justin Timberlake.
    Hopefully whoever introduced SPARQ to this website pokes their head in. It was a couple of years ago, after Ted they had hired a couple of people to teach it to him. The gist of the PackerRats post was that the analytics stuff had an impact here like in Seattle, chasing certain explosive athletic traits and it predated SPRIGGS™ or Fackrell.

Might have been (probably was) pushed by younger guys, but I don't know whatever became of it. Kornelios clearly thinks its still going on, probably part of the getting faster and longer on defense last year.

If you are going to chase a breakout guy in the draft, I like the approach. Not sure I like trading up or over drafting for it though, cause its still just a probability. Spriggs was an exception not because of his traits, but his draft value was the last of the top end tackles in that draft.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yeah, we did trade up for Spriggs, but he was highly rated for the slot we selected him, even by traditional scouting sources.
    Last edited by smuggler; 01-13-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Yeah, we did trade up for Spriggs, but he was highly rated for the slot we selected him, even by traditional scouting sorceress.

Traditional Scouting Sorceress
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hah. My bad. I'm traveling and I'm on mobile.

I didn't want Spriggs, but thought he'd develop... as it is, he looks like a complete bust that can't play at all. Just cut him.

Didn't want Randall... he can go; Ryan needs to be replaced. We need a TE and WR...

Don't know what kind of fronts Pettine will go with early, but at least for now I think the 3-3 is still the best way to go. He can go with a 4-2 as well, but not with Ryan and Martinez on the field together... preferably with neither of them on the field.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    DITTO; I've seen Chubb go as high as the 3-5 range and as low as 9

Most have our ILB going about 10; some not top 15.

But when he tests out and has his pro day I expect him to go in the 6-12 range

I think Ferrell is there for us an could be the pick if we stay tight.
    Ferrell is NOT going to be in the draft. That's a bit of a blow to those who want the Packers to draft OLB in the 1st round.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

Traditional Scouting Sorceress
    That looks like some of the roadkill packer fans wear to games:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ferrell is NOT going to be in the draft. That's a bit of a blow to those who want the Packers to draft OLB in the 1st round.
    But he will be drinking a 64 ozzer on the bench at Bally's

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Foxy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Or the sorceress of castle greyskull who gave the something something sword to Adam making him He-man. Sheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I didn't want Spriggs, but thought he'd develop... as it is, he looks like a complete bust that can't play at all. Just cut him.

Didn't want Randall... he can go; Ryan needs to be replaced. We need a TE and WR...

Don't know what kind of fronts Pettine will go with early, but at least for now I think the 3-3 is still the best way to go. He can go with a 4-2 as well, but not with Ryan and Martinez on the field together... preferably with neither of them on the field.
    Jeez, you have no optimism at all. Randall and Martinez are decent players. Spriggs isn't what I'd want, but he's still a good swing guy off the bench at least. If we can find better talent to bump them off the roster, then fine, but that would take 3-4 years of good drafting, realistically, even if you take a modest evaluation of their values as players.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Jeez, you have no optimism at all.
    you couldn't have just figured this out, right?

SPRIGGS™ WATCH's official editorial position is that there is are even odds SPRIGGS™ starts at RT next year over Murphy.

THE CASE KEENUM CONTINUUM

Zach Berman @ZBerm
    Eagles traded N. Foles to Rams for S. Bradford. Foles lost his job in St. Louis, C. Keenum takes over. Eagles draft C. Wentz and trade Bradford to Minn. Vikings sign Keenum, who replaces injured Bradford. Foles returns to Philly, replaces injured Wentz. Now, Foles vs. Keenum.

QBs DON'T MATTER!

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

Did you say that after Davante's second season?

Matt Miller's Top 50:

1. RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
    2. DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
    3. OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
    4. EDGE Bradley Chubb, North Carolina State
    5. QB Sam Darnold, USC
    6. QB Josh Rosen, UCLA
    7. QB Josh Allen, Wyoming
    8. CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
    9. LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
    10. LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
    11. OT Connor Williams, Texas
    12. CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
    13. QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    14. RB Derrius Guice, LSU
    15. WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
    16. S Derwin James, FS
    17. RB Ronald Jones II, USC
    18. LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama
    19. DL Maurice Hurst, Michigan
    20. EDGE Harold Landry, Boston College
    21. CB Isaiah Oliver, Colorado
    22. C Billy Price, Ohio State
    23. OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
    24. WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
    25. LB Malik Jefferson, Texas
    26. DL Da'Ron Payne, Alabama
    27. S Ronnie Harrison, Alabama
    28. EDGE Sam Hubbard, Ohio State
    29. EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA
    30. DL Vita Vea, Washington
    31. EDGE Arden Key, LSU
    32. CB Carlon Davis, Auburn
    33. RB Sony Michel, Georgia
    34. OT Kolton Miller, UCLA
    35. C James Daniels, Iowa
    36. TE Dallas Goedert, South Dakota State
    37. DL Harrison Phillips, Stanford
    38. DL Derrick Nnadi, FSU
    39. OG Isaiah Wynn, Georgia
    40. WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
    41. LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State
    42. WR D.J. Moore, Maryland
    43. S Justin Reid, Stanford
    44. TE Mark Andrews, Oklahoma
    45. OG Will Hernandez, UTEP
    46. CB Mike Hughes, UCF
    47. CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville
    48. S Kyzir White, West Virginia
    49. WR James Washington, Oklahoma State
    50. TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State

When did 'EDGE' become a thing?

When did 'EDGE' become a thing?
    Last couple of years to describe a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 rush end. Its not perfect. Matthews is more of a edge type player than Perry, but Perry has the measurables. Perry is almost an Elephant too.

Anybody else feel Darnold is overrated? There are comparisons to Andrew Luck. I don't see it at all. I think Josh Rosen looks like the best QB, but there seem to be character concerns with him. Not really "face of the franchise" material. Lamar Jackson has longevity concerns. Mayfield is a talent, but he has off the field concerns (although his leadership has been praised) and he's short. Josh Allen has the most talent in the group, but most think he'll end up being the biggest bust. I have a feeling he's going to kill the combine, do well in his interviews, and somebody will fall in love with him. His talent might be worth the risk.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Or the sorceress of castle greyskull who gave the something something sword to Adam making him He-man. Sheesh
    I believe it is the power sword.