Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If he's going to play 3-4 OLB, I guess the biggest question would be whether he can fight off NFL offensive tackles with one hand. On the bright side, he would be 50% less likely to get flagged for illegal use of the hands.
    at 6'1, 227, with 4.38 speed, i think he's a sideline to sideline ILB

If he's going to play 3-4 OLB, I guess the biggest question would be whether he can fight off NFL offensive tackles with one hand. On the bright side, he would be 50% less likely to get flagged for illegal use of the hands.
    Now that would be a challenge flag I'd love to watch.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

wrong thread
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

more importantly for our first round pick

roquan smith ran a 4.51

i don't think he participated in anything else though

Marcus Davenport ran a 4.58 at 6-6, 264. 3 cone- 7.20

Harold Landry ran a 4.64 at 6-2, 252. 3 cone 6.88
    Last edited by red; 03-04-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    more importantly for our first round pick

roquan smith ran a 4.51

i don't think he participated in anything else though

Marcus Davenport ran a 4.58 at 6-6, 264. 3 cone- 7.20

Harold Landry ran a 4.64 at 6-2, 252. 3 cone 6.88
    I like Landry best out of those 3... don't want Davenport at all.
    wist

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I like Smith a lot, but I do like Landry, he's seems like he plays smart as well as tough.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

heres some quick writeups from walter footballabout the LBers

Shaquem Griffin, LB, Central Florida

NFL Network hyped up Shaquem Griffin like crazy, and rightfully so. Griffin was one of the top winners from this weekend. It all began when he benched 20 reps with a prosthetic hand. He then ran a 4.38 40 - the fastest-recorded time ever for a linebacker at the combine. Griffin didn't stop there, catching passes in the drills better than most of the other linebacker prospects. He finished his day with a 6.88 3-cone. It would be shocking, at this point, if Griffin were to fall into Day 3.
    Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama

Of all the linebackers at the combine, Rashaan Evans performed the best in the field workouts. He was extremely fluid in the coverage drills, and those alone may have cemented his first-round status. His agility numbers weren't bad either, as he posted a 6.95 3-cone time.
    Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State

Leighton Vander Esch's 40 time of 4.65 was slower than Roquan Smith's (4.51) and Tremaine Edmunds (4.54), but his other numbers were better. He notched 39.5 inches in the vertical and 10-4 in the broad jump. His 3-cone time of 6.88 was also excellent. Vander Esch was also very smooth in the drills. He'll likely be chosen Thursday night.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-day-6

- As we previewed the past week, Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch knocked it out of the park. While he wasn’t the fastest in the 40, his 4.65 mark was better than scouts expected and was a tremendous mark for the 256-pound linebacker. His 39.5-inch vertical jump ranked second among linebackers, while his 10-foot-4-inch broad was a top-four mark. His 6.88 three-cone and 4.15 short shuttle were top-five marks. Vander Esch was one of just four linebackers who ran the long shuttle, and his time of 11.57 was just .05 behind that of Josey Jewell, who clocked the fastest time. I mentioned that Vander Esch would not get past the Pittsburgh Steelers, who own the 28th selection, and I’m now hearing that Vander Esch could be drafted by the Green Bay Packers with the 14th pick. The Philadelphia Eagles would love to add Vander Esch with the last pick of the first round but have come to the conclusion he won’t be available.

- Lorenzo Carter and Roquan Smith of Georgia both had terrific combine workouts. Carter, who I’ve always believed was a first-round talent, ran under 4.5 in the 40, bested everyone in his group with a broad jump of 10-feet-10-inches and posted a vertical jump of 39.5 inches. Roquan Smith ran 4.51 and will do the rest of the drills at his pro day. I have been informed both players were red-flagged medically by a number of teams due to past injury history. While I don’t expect the medical evaluations to be a drag on the draft stock of Carter and Smith, it is something likely to be part of the debate on draft day when each player is being considered.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch...Wasn’t the fastest in the 40...4.65 mark...Could be drafted by the Green Bay Packers with the 14th pick.
    I thought Todd Thompson was demoted. No? Vander Esch looks like a player Todd would draft. No thanks. The Packers have more than enough slow, white or whitish ILBers with Hyde-awful coverage skills on their roster.

If the Packers are gonna draft an ILB, I'd prefer they draft Tremaine Edmunds or the Jamie Lannister-clone - 4.38 40 is impressive.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 03-05-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I thought Todd Thompson was demoted. No? Vander Esch looks like a player Todd would draft. No thanks. The Packers have more than enough slow, white or whitish ILBers with Hyde-awful coverage skills on their roster.

If the Packers are gonna draft an ILB, I'd prefer they draft Tremaine Edmunds or the Jamie Lannister-clone - 4.38 40 is impressive.
    I was gonna say the same thing. We already have the whitest LB core on football

It’s like it’s our “thing”

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I was gonna say the same thing. We already have the whitest LB core on football

It’s like it’s our “thing”
    Or maybe it's only a Polar Bear thing? Gutekunst looks like a hipster. Whether he's an actual hipster remains to be seen.

I'm no racist, but I wouldn't mind an all-white LB crop if the unit is awesome. lol

Tremaine Edmunds isn't 20 years old yet. He was born 5-2-1998. Which means he's probably not done growing.

Tremaine Edmunds isn't 20 years old yet. He was born 5-2-1998. Which means he's probably not done growing.
    Kids today, eh? So disrespectful. I flip burgers for the minimum-wage so I sometimes work with teenagers. A kid and I were arguing the other day about who is the GOAT corner in NFL history. The kid was like, Jalen Ramsey! I was like, kid, I was shutting down Darren Charles when you were merely a sperm, so trust me when I say Neon Deion Sanders is the GOAT. The Kid was like, who the fuck is Darren Charles?

That being said, NFL.com compares Edmunds to Urlacher. Pretty sure Urlacher was white, but if the Packer could get an Urlacher-clone, that'd be awesome. I'd take Edmunds over Vander Esch.

Kids today, eh? So disrespectful. I flip burgers for the minimum-wage so I sometimes work with teenagers. A kid and I were arguing the other day about who is the GOAT corner in NFL history. The kid was like, Jalen Ramsey! I was like, kid, I was shutting down Darren Charles when you were merely a sperm, so trust me when I say Neon Deion Sanders is the GOAT. The Kid was like, who the fuck is Darren Charles?

That being said, NFL.com compares Edmunds to Urlacher. Pretty sure Urlacher was white, but if the Packer could get an Urlacher-clone, that'd be awesome. I'd take Edmunds over Vander Esch.
    As would I, but I don't think Edmunds will be available. As for speed, Vander Esch's 40 time of 4.65 was close to Urlacher's 4.61. A.J. Hawk was 4.64. So much for using 40 times to judge ILB's.

As would I, but I don't think Edmunds will be available. As for speed, Vander Esch's 40 time of 4.65 was close to Urlacher's 4.61. A.J. Hawk was 4.64. So much for using 40 times to judge ILB's.
    Jake Ryan also ran a 4.65. Ryan looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Vander Esch looks like a Ryan clone to me.

Jake Ryan also ran a 4.65. Ryan looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Vander Esch looks like a Ryan clone to me.
    Vander Esch is regarded as excellent in pass coverage. Ryan is certainly not. It doesn't have anything to do with 40 times. It has to do with overall athleticism.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The Packers have holes at Tight End, Inside Linebacker, Offensive line, and Corner back.
    The Packers have depth concerns at just about every position. QB, RB, WR, DL, OLB,

The Packers have a bunch of picks, but I wouldnt mind them trading back in the first round that would possibly pick up another 1st round pick or a combination of a 2nd round and a 4th round pick. The Packers don't have any play makers on defense any more. Clay Matthews is finished and overrated to begin with, and he is as close as the Packer get to having a play maker on defense. So taking a top flight defensive play at any position with the 14th pick would make just as much sense as trading the 14th pick in hopes of picking up another first round pick.

The Bills are the only team that drafts after the Packers that have two first round picks. So might not be possible

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The Packers have holes at Tight End, Inside Linebacker, Offensive line, and Corner back.
    The Packers have depth concerns at just about every position. QB, RB, WR, DL, OLB,

The Packers have a bunch of picks, but I wouldnt mind them trading back in the first round that would possibly pick up another 1st round pick or a combination of a 2nd round and a 4th round pick. The Packers don't have any play makers on defense any more. Clay Matthews is finished and overrated to begin with, and he is as close as the Packer get to having a play maker on defense. So taking a top flight defensive play at any position with the 14th pick would make just as much sense as trading the 14th pick in hopes of picking up another first round pick.

The Bills are the only team that drafts after the Packers that have two first round picks. So might not be possible
    Actually it might be possible to get a 2nd round pick. Buffalo has picks 21,22 in 1st round and 53,56 in 2nd round. If Buffalo wants to move up to 14, they might be willing to give up one of the 2nd round picks. It would be pretty close on draft value charts.

Clay Matthews is finished and overrated to begin with...
    Hater. Claymaker was awesome at OLB, and still is. Problem is, Claymaker's a hammy pull waiting to happen. Take away the injuries and the wasteful move to ILB for a couple a seasons, and Claymaker would be giving LT a run for his money as the GOAT OLB.

Move the Claymaker to ILB when he's 38, not while he's still awesome.

Like the trade possibilities with Buffalo.

Joemailman's 14 for 21 and 53 is good and a slight advantage for the Packers on the trade chart.

Have seen some mentions of:
    Packers #1 (14) #3 (76) for Buffalo's #21 and #22 - larger advantage on the trade chart. Would be easier if Packers had got that comp 3rd for Lang instead of the 4th.

If Buffalo's QB is there and they are a little more desperate, maybe ask for another pick, or Tyrod Taylor. Taylor could be the vet QB backup next year. He's not a starter, but could get you through another bad stretch where Rodgers is missing.