Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Later in the draft I feel it necessary to mention Natrell Jamerson and Leon Jacobs from Wisconsin. Both had fantastic combines and offer depth and explosiveness on special teams.
    What do Badger fans think of the Badger prospects this year? One guy who stood out to me was Nick Nelson. He looked good in the drills. He even caught the ball relatively well.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    What do Badger fans think of the Badger prospects this year? One guy who stood out to me was Nick Nelson. He looked good in the drills. He even caught the ball relatively well.
    The Two LBs did very well for themselves too and almost certainly will get drafted now. That defense had a whole lotta talent.

Yeah it does seem that Landry has excellent bend for rounding the edge. I agree with that.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    My list for 14
    1. Derwin James SS: Probably not going to be there but you never know the way the draft falls
    2. Minkah Fitzpatrick DB: He can play any where in the secondary, if he drops to 14 the Packers should scoop him up
    3. Denzel Ward CB: Great feet and vision. I don't like his frame all that much, I like CB that can tackle but the Packers need a shut down type corner in the passing game
    4. Roquan Smith LB: On paper and on film he is the only true linebacker I would consider with the 14th pick. Packers lack speed at the position and he brings the athleticism and speed
    5. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Edge: 3:4 pass rusher. He uses his hands well, wears down against big athletic tackles. needs to keep his feet.
    6. Quenton Nelson G: No one would be happy with this pick, but the Packers have a holes on their offensive line and he is the best in the draft. He would be an immediate starter at right guard.
    7.Tremaine Edmunds LB: I don't know why he is so highly rated, I guess if he is ranked in the top 5 I will "Trust" the experts.

Other guys
    Joshua Jackson CB
    Jaire Alexander CB
    Mike Hughes CB
    Marcus Davenport Edge,
    Rashaan Evans LB
    Taven Bryan DL
    Leighton Vander Esch LB
    Harold Landry Edge
    Courtland Sutton WR

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...l-seven-rounds

The Packers today have these Picks:

Round 1: Pick NO 14 overall.

Round 2: Pick 13 and NO. 45 overall.

Round 3: Pick 12 and NO. 76 overall.

Round 4: Pick 14 and NO. 114 overall.

Round 4: Pick 33 and NO.133 overall (Compensatory)

The Green Bay Packers also have Picks: 150, 172, 174, 186, 207, 232 and 239.

So that's a Total of 12 Picks and THREE in the Top 76 Draft eligible Prospects.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

My list for 14
    1. Derwin James SS: Probably not going to be there but you never know the way the draft falls
    2. Minkah Fitzpatrick DB: He can play any where in the secondary, if he drops to 14 the Packers should scoop him up
    3. Denzel Ward CB: Great feet and vision. I don't like his frame all that much, I like CB that can tackle but the Packers need a shut down type corner in the passing game
    4. Roquan Smith LB: On paper and on film he is the only true linebacker I would consider with the 14th pick. Packers lack speed at the position and he brings the athleticism and speed
    5. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Edge: 3:4 pass rusher. He uses his hands well, wears down against big athletic tackles. needs to keep his feet.
    6. Quenton Nelson G: No one would be happy with this pick, but the Packers have a holes on their offensive line and he is the best in the draft. He would be an immediate starter at right guard.
    7.Tremaine Edmunds LB: I don't know why he is so highly rated, I guess if he is ranked in the top 5 I will "Trust" the experts.

Other guys
    Joshua Jackson CB
    Jaire Alexander CB
    Mike Hughes CB
    Marcus Davenport Edge,
    Rashaan Evans LB
    Taven Bryan DL
    Leighton Vander Esch LB
    Harold Landry Edge
    Courtland Sutton WR
    Yea, I saw Derwin go to us in a few early mocks and few posters here talked about him, but I would say no way possible he gets to 14. If he did, I would get excited.

My heart says reach for the best pass rush we can get at 14, but my brain says take the bpa. You never know where your holes will be in 2 years, so you put as much talent as possible on your roster and try and fill holes any way you can.

Based on most mocks I have seen the bpa will be a cb. But again, I'm no super scout and as you say, the draft can throw you a curve ball. The only position on the entire roster that I don't feel like we could upgrade is QB. I'm probably happier at OL than most posters here, but would I sneeze at a pro bowl guard or tackle in round 1...hell no. WR? Of course we could use a stud. I would never take a RB in the first unless its a generational talent available at 5-10 so that won't happen. Again, tell me where a pro bowl level player is not needed.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Nick Nelson isn't going to convince anyone he is a first round draft pick with his 4.52, but his overall workout wasn't terrible.
    Jamerson couldn't have had a better combine. I think he went from a free agent to being drafted.
    Jacobs is a great athlete that a team can't resist drafting probably higher than he should be. He will be great on special teams, I don't know if he can be a starter in the NFL. He had a fantastic combine.
    Dooley was just a bit too slow, he might make a team as a 7th round pick or a free agent. Good football player, but he might not have the tools for the next level.

My list for 14

Other guys
    Joshua Jackson CB
    Jaire Alexander CB
    Mike Hughes CB
    Marcus Davenport Edge,
    Rashaan Evans LB
    Taven Bryan DL
    Leighton Vander Esch LB
    Harold Landry Edge
    Courtland Sutton WR
    This says it will be:

CB Joshua 'Josh' Jackson and 'Good Size' @ 6 ' - 0 3/8 " and 196 lbs ... from Iowa Hawkeyes.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...7/josh-jackson

Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-07-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

My list for 14

Other guys
    Joshua Jackson CB
    Jaire Alexander CB
    Mike Hughes CB
    Marcus Davenport Edge,
    Rashaan Evans LB
    Taven Bryan DL
    Leighton Vander Esch LB
    Harold Landry Edge
    Courtland Sutton WR
    I like Okoronkwo on film and at the Senior Bowl, but then he disappointed at the combine. It's going to be hard for Green Bay to take him at 6'1 1/2" and 4.77 40. I do think he's a bit underrated. He's like a shorter KGB. Not that high on Alexander. Hughes disappointed at the combine--along with Josh Jackson. Jackson looked stiff in drills and ran slow. I think he's a zone CB. Hughes is 5'10" and ran a pretty slow 40 for his size. I'm not that high on Sutton.

Right now, I'd say my wish list is:

1) Denzel Ward
    2) Quenton Nelson
    3) Tremaine Edmunds
    4) Derwin James
    5) Minkah Fitzpatrick (I see him as a S; he's not Jalen Ramsey)

Unfortunately, I don't see any way the top 5 will be available.

6) Roquan Smith
    7) Harold Landry
    8) Leighton Vander Esch (he could play inside or possibly outside in a 3-4)
    9) Rashaan Evans
    10) Vita Vea
    11) Calvin Ridley

I think three QBs are guaranteed to go top 14 (Allen, Rosen, Darnold). That would be my top 11 right now (outside of QBs). Payne, Davenport, and Bryan would be next in line.

What's interesting is that Davenport is considered a physical freak, but than Vander Esch did this:

Marcus Davenport = 6'5 1/2" 264, 33 5/8" arms, 9 1/8" hands, 4.58 40, 22 bench reps, 33.5" vertical, 124" broad jump, 7.20 3 cone, 4.41 short shuttle
    Leighton Vander Esch= 6'4 1/4" 256, 33 7/8" arms, 9 3/4" hands, 4.65 40, 20 bench reps, 39.5" vertical, 124" broad jump, 6.88 3 cone, 4.15 short shuttle

I also see Davenport as a better prospect as a 4-3 DE than 3-4 OLB--although his athleticism keeps him in the conversation for our draft pick.
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 03-07-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Jackson's 4.56 forty? probably not with the 14th pick

Pettine could get pretty creative having Matthews (as an outside rusher with experience inside), Vander Esch (as an inside player with potential on the outside), and Perry (as an outside with experience and toughness against the run to play on the line). I'd still like to see another outside guy (like Josh Sweat) drafted relatively high.

Wilkerson, Clark, Daniels with Lowry and Adams backing up on the DL + Matthews, Perry, Vander Esch, and Martinez with Sweat and Ryan (as a run down defender) backing up at LB would make the front 7 look a lot better.

Jackson's 4.56 forty? probably not with the 14th pick
    It seems that's 'the talk' and ranking Prospects at CB.

CB Prospects such as Isaiah Oliver (same size as Josh Jackson) or a much more ** speedy Jaire Alexander ** of Louisville might move ahead of CB Josh Jackson.

** Jaire Alexander, at 5-foot-11 and 192 pounds, ran a 4.38 40 at the Combine.

Here's a story on CB Prospect Isaiah Oliver and his Combine.

https://www.ralphiereport.com/2018/3...es-nfl-combine

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ect/395863002/

Josh Jackson's 'official' 40 time is costly for first-round NFL Draft prospect

Mark Emmert, memmert@gannett.com Published 2:48 p.m. CT March 5, 2018 | Updated 3:13 p.m. CT March 5, 2018

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

Lber Roquan Smith is something else. Could the Packers really manage to land this Guy !? He has terrific focus, speed and strength and ability to be a game changer.

Here They have the Packers drafting OLB/ILB Roquan Smith UGA; 6'-1" and 225 lbs at NO.14.

Note: This Mock Draft Expert had 4 QB's drafted in the Top Ten Picks.

NOTE:
    Here he goes to The Raiders @ NO. 10:

http://walterfootball.com/mocks/Consensus/nfl/2018
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-07-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Josh Jackson is a zone corner, so I'm doubtful he's high on GB's board compared to the other CB's. Plus a 40 on the wrong side of 4.5 should push him down the board.
    Something about Ward bothers me, I don't think he's as good as Lattimore.

Could you play Derwin James like they played Charles Woodson? What do they do with Josh Jones and Brice then?

I like Roquan, but I think he has to play ILB or nickel. He's too small for OLB, and I don't think they want to invest a high pick at ILB.

I feel like Vander Esch is a smoke screen, although he did well at the combine. Can he play outside?

You might just talk me into Landry, although I am skeptical...I get an Erik Walden vibe from him. They need to find and develop replacements for CM and Perry, this draft doesn't fill me with much hope.

i would love roquan

its been way too long since we've had a real ILB

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I was playing around doing a few mock drafts and twice Saquon Barkley was still available at #14 pick.

Do you take him or pass on arguably the best player in the draft, especially considering the impact Zeke Elliott had on the Cowboys?

I'd probably take him.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I was playing around doing a few mock drafts and twice Saquon Barkley was still available at #14 pick.

Do you take him or pass on arguably the best player in the draft, especially considering the impact Zeke Elliott had on the Cowboys?

I'd probably take him.
    you take the best player in the draft

then pull a hershel walker in a year or 2

watch this guy

just saw one mock having us take him, but he might even be there in the second

kinda looks like greg jennings

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    watch this guy

just saw one mock having us take him, but he might even be there in the second

kinda looks like greg jennings
    I took him in the 2nd round of my mock draft.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers