Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

DB or pass rusher imo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I am thinking that my work productivity will be soaring this fall. I could well be a first round pick
    Listen, I am thinking about putting together a fantasy basketball league ...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

30 minutes and I have change my draft priority:

1. Pass rush, pass rush, pash rush
    2. WR
    3. DBs
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    So you think we have an abundance of talent on defense, but it's the coaching ?
    i have no clue

either TT should go because he can't draft defense, or capers should because he can't coach defense

we have wasted so many picks on the defensive side of the ball, unless something changes, i fear we're just gonna keep wasting picks

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    IMO the 3/4 defense has passed its prime. We need to go to a 4/3 and draft a good pass rushing lineman.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i have no clue

either TT should go because he can't draft defense, or capers should because he can't coach defense

we have wasted so many picks on the defensive side of the ball, unless something changes, i fear we're just gonna keep wasting picks
    Exactly how I feel red. Our inability to build a respectable D with all of the resources that have been used towards it has to fall on one of these guys. I honestly don't know the answer but think it's a combination of the two. TT can't seem to acquire good D players either through the draft or FA and Dom can't put the guys he does have into a position to succeed.

ok, so the season is over. chances are that we will be drafting in the top half of the draft. my guess would be somewhere between 10-15

i say we need a new RT. bulaga is always hurt, and spriggs looks to be a bust
    This is very prudent and positive forward thinking red.

We went to the movie and just 20 minutes into it, the Theater caught fire.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

this is from my go-to source for draft related stuff. its something i've said, but most packers fans don't want to hear it

Clay Matthews is a famous star because of the commercials, but he really hasn't played consistently in several years, as it appears as though all of the injuries have taken a toll on him.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018_1.php#ixzz4vcCIHRlK

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Listen, I am thinking about putting together a fantasy basketball league ...
    NBA starts this week. And I hate the NBA.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

this is from my go-to source for draft related stuff. its something i've said, but most packers fans don't want to hear it
    Clay Matthews is a famous star because of the commercials, but he really hasn't played consistently in several years, as it appears as though all of the injuries have taken a toll on him.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018_1.php#ixzz4vcCIHRlK
    I don't know Red. I think a lot of people have come to the conclusion he just isn't an impact player anymore. The explosion in his legs is gone.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Pass rusher
    OL
    DB
    WR

My guess is they re-up Adams, modify (i.e., extend w/ more guaranteed $) Cobb and Jordy's contracts to drop their cap numbers, keep Allison and hope Yancey/Davis eventually pans out.
    The injuries on the OL and secondary have exposed the depth. Murphy outplayed Spriggs and the Randall/Rollins draft looks pretty suspect.
    Pass rush makes a huge difference -- you can get away with average DBs if you can consistently pressure QBs without needing to blitz much.

Is this HaHa's last year? If so they'll have to make a decision at S.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Pass rusher
    OL
    DB
    WR

My guess is they re-up Adams, modify (i.e., extend w/ more guaranteed $) Cobb and Jordy's contracts to drop their cap numbers, keep Allison and hope Yancey/Davis eventually pans out.
    The injuries on the OL and secondary have exposed the depth. Murphy outplayed Spriggs and the Randall/Rollins draft looks pretty suspect.
    Pass rush makes a huge difference -- you can get away with average DBs if you can consistently pressure QBs without needing to blitz much.

Is this HaHa's last year? If so they'll have to make a decision at S.
    I definitely agree that we should draft a pass rusher. I've been advocating it for years. The problem is to get a real difference-maker you have to draft in the top five or ten, because every team wants an elite pass rusher. So TT's gonna have to trade up or the team is gonna have to tank in performance this year.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Well I'll say this :

I belong to a Packer Forum where many members are realistic and future Green Bay Packer hopes.

I believe a top priority now is a legitimate Starting Material QB to be groomed as Aaron Rodgers successor.The search cannot start soon enough now.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    anything other not on the Defensive side would be a joke. Our defense is still terrible. This Vikings offense should not have scored 23 points. Our DB's are still a joke. Nothing annoys me more than seeing the vikings go 5 wide, and we drop 7 into coverage, into a zone, and we lose sight of 2 guys, who are literally just running free. It's insane. Sadly Pipkins looked like the best one! Hawkins at one point allowed the guy to catch the ball, and then didn't even know he caught the ball. Hawkins can go, Randall can go, Rollins can go, Evans can go.
    Any NFL Team cannot have enough at CB.

The Green Bay Packers SUCK in the Defensive Secondary. Any really solid QB would laugh at our DB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    IMO the 3/4 defense has passed its prime. We need to go to a 4/3 and draft a good pass rushing lineman.
    YES !

best defensive player available. i don't care what position.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    This game was the perfect one to rush the passer. Whenever we did that goof in purple threw it up for grabs. MN's offense is terrible and we let them march up and down the field. shm
    Yes draft at CB and get more talent at LBer.

It's been that for a Wish List for how many years now?

I keep telling you Packer fans and it's the obvious to me.

TT has to retire ASAP now. How many Seasons will his drafts not produce in the Trench Positions?

After a skilled QB; NFL Teams are strong right there or on both the OL and DL and domination. That is where games are won and lost. TT has lousy luck and drafting for Trench Position players.

How do you change that? ...................................... TT must let go !

we do need a true #1 shutdown corner

Unless the pass rusher is a star, I think they need another WR first. They've been throwing so much spaghetti at the wall on the pass rusher, I have less faith the next guy is going to be the answer. I guess you keep throwing spaghetti.

I've been banging this drum since before Adams was drafted, but they need another guy. Someone a player like Hundley can trust. Not just a guy who is good at timing routes when Rodgers is playing. A guy who you can throw the ball up to.

Unless there's another Soldier Field miracle (this time in Minnesota), the Packers will be looking at the playoffs from the outside this year. It will be only the third pick in the Top 20 for TT. After Hawk and Raji, I hope they get someone more than serviceable.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

since we like to use the deep ball a lot, it would be nice to get a burner since jordy has lost a step or two and janis never turned into that guy