Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Watched a few Ridley game films. I'm no expert, but he does look a bit Jennings-like. Great hands, good routes, sorta willing blocker, can't break a tackle to save his life. Looks fast against college competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I generally try not to. It results in this nauseating and repeated trend of finding players I like whom the Packers never pick or can't pick. Usually the Steelers get em.
    Then watch Coldplay vids instead. Coldplay is awesome.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    How can anyone ever respond to the stupidity of sarcasm?
    Apparently your technique is to post poorly cut and pasted misquotes, in bizarre colors and in unintelligible language.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Then watch Coldplay vids instead. Coldplay is awesome.
    I just read the language stylings of "The Lyricist"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Watched a few Ridley game films. I'm no expert, but he does look a bit Jennings-like. Great hands, good routes, sorta willing blocker, can't break a tackle to save his life. Looks fast against college competition.
    "Looks fast against college competition." Zool

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profil...ley?id=2560011

A 4.41 Sec. 40 Yard time as a Draft Prospect translates to Speed at WR in the NFL.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I've read some places that some don't think Landry is worthy of an R1. Not sure about that. This time of the year everything is a lie, everyone could sneak into the first round, and team X is smitten with player Y.

That said, I am not a big fan of Vander Esch at 14. I'm coming around on Landry as an OLB/edge guy...he certainly looks like an upgrade from Fackrell. It would not shock me if they waited until R2 or later and loaded up on a couple of edge guys "with upside" and took a CB or WR in the R1. I will be shocked if they don't draft 2-3 players in the secondary. The Jackson kid from Iowa is supposedly more a zone guy so between that and his 40 speed I wonder if he's a bad scheme fit.

As for Quenton Nelson, if you knew without a doubt he was the 2nd coming of Steve Hutchinson you take him at 14 and don't worry about that spot for a decade. Yeah he's a guard but you could do worse than him lined up between Bulaga and Linsley with Jamaal Williams running that side in December at Lambeau.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I've read some places that some don't think Landry is worthy of an R1. Not sure about that. This time of the year everything is a lie, everyone could sneak into the first round, and team X is smitten with player Y.

That said, I am not a big fan of Vander Esch at 14. I'm coming around on Landry as an OLB/edge guy...he certainly looks like an upgrade from Fackrell. It would not shock me if they waited until R2 or later and loaded up on a couple of edge guys "with upside" and took a CB or WR in the R1. I will be shocked if they don't draft 2-3 players in the secondary. The Jackson kid from Iowa is supposedly more a zone guy so between that and his 40 speed I wonder if he's a bad scheme fit.

As for Quenton Nelson, if you knew without a doubt he was the 2nd coming of Steve Hutchinson you take him at 14 and don't worry about that spot for a decade. Yeah he's a guard but you could do worse than him lined up between Bulaga and Linsley with Jamaal Williams running that side in December at Lambeau.
    An interesting take on what might not be the Rah Rah pick and Quenton Nelson:

Repped.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    "Looks fast against college competition." Zool

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profil...ley?id=2560011

A 4.41 Sec. 40 Yard time as a Draft Prospect translates to Speed at WR in the NFL.
    I disagree. Remember Darius Heyward-Bey? He ran a 4.3 40 yard and looked bad against NFL coverage. I don't particularly care about straight line speed. If you can't change direction, you're dead in the water (Jeff Janis). How fast he moves in space says a lot. A couple profiles of Ridley say he has a hard time shedding bump coverage. Also very Jennings-like.

I disagree. Remember Darius Heyward-Bey? He ran a 4.3 40 yard and looked bad against NFL coverage. I don't particularly care about straight line speed. If you can't change direction, you're dead in the water (Jeff Janis). How fast he moves in space says a lot. A couple profiles of Ridley say he has a hard time shedding bump coverage. Also very Jennings-like.
    Jennings was pretty good in the green and gold. A faster Jennings would be even better, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I just read the language stylings of "The Lyricist"
    Lol

Your point is well taken based on his slightness of size but generally he's the NO. 1 Ranked WR in this Draft Class.

https://www.drafttek.com/

Featured WR Calvin Ridley is Ranked 16th Overall.

Compare that to:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

Back to DRAFTTEK:

https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Dr...2018-Draft.asp

** Ridley is a fast receiver adept at creating separation. With his quick feet and sudden athleticism, Ridley is a very good route-runner.

** He is tough on defensive backs as he can put his foot in the ground and explode out of cuts. That explosion translates to Ridley also having a second gear to break downfield and is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

** Ridley is a fast route-runner on short to intermediate routes. A nice third-down weapon as a pro to quickly uncover and present an open target for his quarterback.

**With his speed to run by defensive backs, Ridley stretches a defense over the top and is a true deep-threat receiver.

** He has the ability to take a slant to the house or run a go route and fly by defensive backs.

For the NFL, Ridley could fit well as a X -split end - receiver who works along the sideline and challenges teams vertically.

Downside:

Given his smaller frame, his pro team may want to protect him from doing too much work in the middle of the field and sending him across the play.
    He's listed at 190 pounds, but team sources say that he has weighed-in in the 180s. With that being one factor, some scouts have said they are grading Ridley as a late first-rounder.

He could end up going high out of team need at his premium position, however.
    ie the Green Bay Packers

Read more here:
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...#ixzz59qXuHMnF

also:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-calvin-ridley
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-15-2018 at 02:28 PM.

I think Ridley has the potential to be a quality WR in the Jennings mold. I think he'll struggle to reliably beat press coverage, and I wouldn't play him in the slot much either. Put him on the outside and use motion, bunch formations, etc. to help him get a free release and he could be dangerous. I wouldn't hate the pick at 14, but I am skeptical this will happen -- signs are pointing to drafting a CB there IMO. If they take a WR in R1 it will be because they traded to get a 2nd pick at the bottom of the round. People seem to like the Moore kid from Maryland...

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    If they take a WR in R1 it will be because they traded to get a 2nd pick at the bottom of the round. People seem to like the Moore kid from Maryland...
    It's weird how crazy ideas like this get propagated...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Jennings was pretty good in the green and gold. A faster Jennings would be even better, methinks.
    Zool meant un-Jennings like I believe. Jennings was pretty good at shaking man coverage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Zool meant un-Jennings like I believe. Jennings was pretty good at shaking man coverage.
    Why I try not not post from a tablet. It comes out dumber than I normally am.

Now that I think about it, wasn’t that a knock on GJ coming out?

For the Packers to take Ridley 14th, he'd have to be better than Jennings. He's need to be Marvin Harrison.

Why I try not not post from a tablet. It comes out dumber than I normally am.

Now that I think about it, wasn’t that a knock on GJ coming out?
    Possibly. I don't remember. Also frequently a complaint about college WR is their release against press man coverage.

But as a pro, if not a young player or college guy, his routes were so good and his breaks so quick he separated like no one's business.

So its possible Ridley is like young Jennings, and it would be great if he would improve like Jennings.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Were in a position now of such need and a real addition on 'D'.

The Packers will in all sense pick 'D' at NO. 14.

Our situation at CB is really bad.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...J:topheadlines

" ...Jets acquired the No. 3 pick in the 2018 Draft from the Colts in exchange for the No. 6 pick, the No. 37 pick, the No. 49 pick and a second-round pick in 2019. ..."

one thing that no one is really talking about as far as WR's are concerned is monty

i gotta imagine he's moving back to full time WR this season

gotta thank TT and fat mike for retarding his growth at WR. before the move to RB, monty looked like he could take over the cobb role in the offense