Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    If they take a WR in R1 it will be because they traded to get a 2nd pick at the bottom of the round. People seem to like the Moore kid from Maryland...
    when a lot of people start to really like a guy, that means he's gonna get drafted higher. i've seen a few drafts that have him going around our pick at #14

Moore and Chark tested better than they played. I'm not sure either put enough on film to move into round 1, but I guess it only takes one team enamored with the measurables. I'd be shocked if Moore went anywhere near pick #14 personally. I think two underrated WRs are Michael Gallup and Tre'Quan Smith. Gallup in round 2-3. Smith in round 3-4. Those two are football players. Smith reminds me a bit of Davante Adams. Pretty comparable measurables too.

Adams = 6'1" 212, 4.56 40, 4.30 shuttle, 6.83 3 cone, 39 1/2" vertical, 123" broad jump
    Smith = 6'2" 210, 4.49 40, 4.50 shuttle, 6.97 3 cone, 37 1/2" vertical, 130" broad jump
    Gallup = 6'1" 205, 4.51 40, 4.37 shuttle, 6.95 3 cone, 36" vertical, 122" broad jump

I think both Smith and Gallup are a little underrated athletically.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    one thing that no one is really talking about as far as WR's are concerned is monty

i gotta imagine he's moving back to full time WR this season

gotta thank TT and fat mike for retarding his growth at WR. before the move to RB, monty looked like he could take over the cobb role in the offense
    Yup TT and MM sure place a real screwing on the Packers.

Too many won't admit that fact.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    gotta thank TT and fat mike for retarding his growth at WR. before the move to RB, monty looked like he could take over the cobb role in the offense
    Yeah, it's not like the season-ending injuries had any effect. Still, in his full rb year, he had 56 targets in the passing game to 77 rushes. He had almost 6 yards/rush compared to around 8 yards/catch and 800 total yards from scrimmage. I suppose he missed out of some refinement in back shoulder throws or something, but I imagine he can catch up, given his ability to transition to a role coming out of the backfield so readily. I'm more concerned about his overall productivity. It seems like a guy with his combination of size and speed makes for more of a utility type receiver out of the backfield than say a deep downfield threat.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Moore and Chark tested better than they played. I'm not sure either put enough on film to move into round 1, but I guess it only takes one team enamored with the measurables. I'd be shocked if Moore went anywhere near pick #14 personally. I think two underrated WRs are Michael Gallup and Tre'Quan Smith. Gallup in round 2-3. Smith in round 3-4. Those two are football players. Smith reminds me a bit of Davante Adams. Pretty comparable measurables too.

Adams = 6'1" 212, 4.56 40, 4.30 shuttle, 6.83 3 cone, 39 1/2" vertical, 123" broad jump
    Smith = 6'2" 210, 4.49 40, 4.50 shuttle, 6.97 3 cone, 37 1/2" vertical, 130" broad jump
    Gallup = 6'1" 205, 4.51 40, 4.37 shuttle, 6.95 3 cone, 36" vertical, 122" broad jump

I think both Smith and Gallup are a little underrated athletically.

Well, don't you just draft someone for defense in the first round, or draft that awesome guard, and in the second round tell TT to pick a wide receiver for you? That seems to be his golden zone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Get a load of this MOCK Draft:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ds-josh-rosen/

NFL Mock Draft 2018: Browns trade pick to Cardinals; Jets' big move lands Josh Rosen

After Gang Green's aggressive trade up with the Colts, the quarterbacks fly off the board early

Chris Trapasso mugshot By Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso .....CBSSports.com 5h ago

14. Green Bay Packers

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame. With McGlinchey at right tackle and the vastly underrated David Bakhtiari on the left side, the Packers will boast two quality pass-protectors for Aaron Rodgers.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

NFL Mock Draft 2018: Browns trade pick to Cardinals; Jets' big move lands Josh Rosen

After Gang Green's aggressive trade up with the Colts, the quarterbacks fly off the board early

Chris Trapasso mugshot By Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso .....CBSSports.com 5h ago

14. Green Bay Packers

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame. With McGlinchey at right tackle and the vastly underrated David Bakhtiari on the left side, the Packers will boast two quality pass-protectors for Aaron Rodgers.
    All 3 of the mocks on that site have us taking guys I don't want... I like Hernandez, but he's not the kind of guy MM would take; and, I don't want him in the 1st.

Beginning to like Denzel Ward more and more...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    All 3 of the mocks on that site have us taking guys I don't want... I like Hernandez, but he's not the kind of guy MM would take; and, I don't want him in the 1st.

Beginning to like Denzel Ward more and more...
    Tons of mocks are having Ward go in the top 8. Wouldn't mind if they traded up to get him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

14. Green Bay Packers

If Gute drafts a fat guy in round 1, I'm gonna puke.

Color me with those who subscribe to the notion that fat guys should be avoided like the plague in round 1. An offensive lineman by himself is not a difference maker. Even with a great LT, defenses can still pressure the QB simply by pressuring away from the LT. Fat defensive linemen are prone to eating themselves out of the league.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Good. Lord. Since we are not really doing much of anything in free agency, there is so much work that needs to be done in the draft. We also need some of our players to actually step up and produce (see Josh Jones). If not, our defense could be the new definition for "epic bad." Definitely would make sense to me to trade up to make sure we get that impact player or players we need (see Ward or James)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    If Gute drafts a fat guy in round 1, I'm gonna puke.

Color me with those who subscribe to the notion that fat guys should be avoided like the plague in round 1. An offensive lineman by himself is not a difference maker. Even with a great LT, defenses can still pressure the QB simply by pressuring away from the LT. Fat defensive linemen are prone to eating themselves out of the league.
    Both the Eagles and the Jags went deep by going early and often on the big guys up front. Don't you want to follow the leader?

Of course, the Chiefs and Reid do too, but it never gets them out of the Division round.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by SavedByGrace View Post
    Good. Lord. Since we are not really doing much of anything in free agency, there is so much work that needs to be done in the draft. We also need some of our players to actually step up and produce (see Josh Jones). If not, our defense could be the new definition for "epic bad." Definitely would make sense to me to trade up to make sure we get that impact player or players we need (see Ward or James)

Patience, still two guys left people are salivating over:

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
    Former Rice cornerback Phillip Gaines visited the Colts

He will be your favorite if you like players coming back from knee injuries.

And of course, once his heel heals and the infection is gone, Breeland is still out there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In other infectious news, Bob Uecker was bitten by a Recluse Spider in Arizona last winter. Wound got infected and they had to remove infected tissue and leave the wound open to draw out the rest. Think it was on his leg.

Prior to fast medical response with effective antibiotics (Ueck waited four days before seeing the Doc), this was a common way to deal with infection in skin tissues. If you've ever seen someone treated in this manner, its both slightly morbid and fascinating.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ter/433845002/

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Both the Eagles and the Jags went deep by going early and often on the big guys up front. Don't you want to follow the leader?

Of course, the Chiefs and Reid do too, but it never gets them out of the Division round.
    Check out the fat guys Todd drafted in round 1:

Harrell: Arguably the worst draft pick in Packer history.

Raji: Inspiring for season or two, but a JAG the majority of the time before quitting.

Sherrod: Injury-prone and incompetent.

Bulaga: Injury-prone.

Clark: Started to show some promises, but jury's still out on him.

The moral of Todd's story is, don't draft fat guys in round 1. If a good fat guy is there in rd 2 or later, fine. But in round 1, give me a finesse player.

Jury isn't out on Clark. He was great last year and very effective as a rookie.

Love that the only comment on Bulaga is injury prone and not Pro Bowl level RT.

And Harrell has nothing on Rich Campbell.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    QFT

Jury isn't out on Clark. He was great last year and very effective as a rookie.

Love that the only comment on Bulaga is injury prone and not Pro Bowl level RT.

Clark was invisible as a rook. Let see if he can prove that last season wasn't a fluke before anointing him the next Gerald McCoy.

Clark was invisible as a rook. Let see if he can prove that last season wasn't a fluke before anointing him the next Gerald McCoy.
    Not even close to invisible unless you weren't looking. And are the only standards in your big lineman metric injured and #3 overall pick?

You're dumb, and Tony Mandarich was the worst pick in team history. There were many worse than Harrell.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Well is it Campbell or Mandarich, someone start a poll!