Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In terms of height/weight/arm strength I get the fuss around Josh Allen, but the kid's not accurate and he didn't play well against teams Iowa, Oregon, Boise State last year. The Mountain West is not exactly the SEC, and I didn't get the sense he lit it up there.
    He has bust written all over him. I don't get the appeal and top-10 talk unless you are committed to sit him for a year or (more likely) two.

QBs that aren't accurate in college IMO tend not to be accurate in the pros. If you can't hit a WR getting a free release and running down the field that's a red flag.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    All the QBs in the top part of this draft have issues. Darnold and Rosen are West Coast pretty boys that had average seasons, Allen has the tool box but played at a small school and didn't have great numbers, Lamar Jackson had fantastic numbers, but he is black damn it!!!! Baker Mayfield is short and has an attitude, and probably the best all around QB that no one is talking about is Mason Rudolph from OSU but he might have a shallow arm.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Lamar Jackson had fantastic numbers, but he is black damn it!!!!
    I kind of like him the best, but the guys on the NFLN said he was pretty unpolished. He had some inaccuracies and flutters in his workout at the combine. Highest ceiling I think.

I still think there's a good chance the Packers draft a QB, because someone like Jackson drops due to 'issues.' I see some mocks have him dropping all the way to Jacksonville. Most think there's zero chance Packers draft a QB because of too many holes elsewhere - I get that - but you never know who slips in the Green room...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I kind of like him the best, but the guys on the NFLN said he was pretty unpolished. He had some inaccuracies and flutters in his workout at the combine. Highest ceiling I think.

I still think there's a good chance the Packers draft a QB, because someone like Jackson drops due to 'issues.' I see some mocks have him dropping all the way to Jacksonville. Most think there's zero chance Packers draft a QB because of too many holes elsewhere - I get that - but you never know who slips in the Green room...
    I dunno 'bout you or Nutz or Partial or Tex, but I like my beer cold, my women hot, my corners dark and my QBs pale.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

They wont draft one in the first round but 2nd? 3rd? This team is just dumb enough to spend a draft pick in the first two days on a QB. You don't draft a QB unless you need to replace a QB, at this point everyone expects Rodgers to resign. Maybe they are ready to move on from the pretentious asshole?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    You don't draft a QB unless you need to replace a QB
    That's not how Lord Ron did it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I was talking starter. I don't think they drafted guys to replace Favre, Its just that Favre almost gave it away there at the beginng. Mark Brunnell was a 4th round pick. I do't disagree with drafting a QB often as a back up or to hold a clipboard but you only draft one to be a starter when you see the window closing on the current starter

This is how I feel.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-drafts-top-qb

{quote}
    The scoop: "Josh Allen is the best quarterback in this draft. I think all of the talk about his accuracy is the most overblown thing out there. His guys don't get open, which causes a lot of the incompletions -- it's not an accuracy issue." -- NFC executive
    {quote}

Allen isn't as accurate as Wentz, but his problems were mainly because his WRs were inferior to opposing CBs. Same thing with Wentz at NDSU. NDSU is a school that runs and plays defense, they don't get good WR recruits. Both Allen and Wentz had to make a lot of tight window throws.

Remember two years ago that people were saying that Wentz would need a lot of time to develop because QBs who start 23 games in college (especially at the lower level) are unsuccessful. Wentz started from day one and hasn't looked back.

That being said, he's not flawless. It's a weird group this year. There are a lot of good prospects, but there's no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. Darnold certainly isn't.
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 03-23-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    {quote}
    The scoop: "Josh Allen is the best quarterback in this draft. I think all of the talk about his accuracy is the most overblown thing out there. His guys don't get open, which causes a lot of the incompletions -- it's not an accuracy issue." -- NFC executive
    {quote}

Allen isn't as accurate as Wentz, but his problems were mainly because his WRs were inferior to opposing CBs. Same thing with Wentz at NDSU. NDSU is a school that runs and plays defense, they don't get good WR recruits. Both Allen and Wentz had to make a lot of tight window throws.
    Emory Hunt @FBallGameplan
    Comparing Josh Allen to Carson Wentz is discrediting ALL of what Wentz accomplished at NDSU. Their situations aren't the same and Wyoming is an FBS program, so not a 'small school'.

Mike Clay @MikeClayNFL
    Worst final FBS season off-target rates among top QB prospects last 3 years:
    Josh Allen 16.3%
    DeShone Kizer 14.5%
    Jeff Driskel 14.4%
    Connor Cook 13.5%
    C Hackenberg 13.4%

Did Allen throw during a Pro Day? Wonder if he looked better on air with receivers he knew.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

People are mad about this kid. AY/A = adjusted yards per attempt.

Football Perspective @fbgchase
    In Josh Allen's good year of 2016, he ranked 4th in the Mountain West in AY/A.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    People are mad about this kid. AY/A = adjusted yards per attempt.

Football Perspective @fbgchase
    In Josh Allen's good year of 2016, he ranked 4th in the Mountain West in AY/A.

and led the league in both TDs and INTs. Looks like he ran a lot too. IMO Arm strength can be improved in the weight room, but accuracy takes breaking down and rebuilding fundamentals and even then it's no gimme. Too much risk to take with a top 10 R1 pick if I were a GM.
    Now if he fell all the way to end of R1 top of R2 and you could be patient with him, maybe, but I'm still not on the bandwagon.

I could very well be wrong.

His pro day reviewed by PFW: https://t.co/hZXVduaGy1

Matthew Fairborn @MatthewFairburn
    Mel Kiper Jr. asked about Josh Allen's completion percentage: "Stats are for losers in my opinion. The guy won."

Colin Barringer @CBarringer971
    Josh Allen went 15-9 against FBS teams as Wyoming’s starting QB.

@SmokingHotTakes
    Noted winner Josh Allen and his team went 3-5 in his starts against FBS teams in non conference play with 11 touchdowns and 12 INTs in his career

Brett Favre completed 54% of his passes in each of his final two years at Southern Miss. He threw five more TDs than interceptions over his final two years. Sometimes, stats are for losers.

Before Allen, Wyoming won 8 games once since 1998. They won 8 games both years with Allen. They had inferior talent.

Daniel Jeremiah

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...allens-pro-day
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

The more I study these CBs, the more I think Isaiah Oliver is the a guy who might be the #2 CB on the Packers board (behind Denzel Ward). He looks like the ideal Pettine cornerback. He has size, athleticism, and press ability.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    The more I study these CBs, the more I think Isaiah Oliver is the a guy who might be the #2 CB on the Packers board (behind Denzel Ward). He looks like the ideal Pettine cornerback. He has size, athleticism, and press ability.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Comment woodbuck27:

I really like the way D J Moore plays.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-24-2018 at 05:49 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...of-free-agency

NFL Mock Draft 2018: Packers’ needs have changed after the start of free agency

Free agent movement and draft order changes characterize a very different second version of my 2018 mock.

By Shawn Wagner Mar 23, 2018, 1:30pm CDT