Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

If Chubb falls to 6, I kind of would like to see the Packers move up and get him.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    If Chubb falls to 6, I kind of would like to see the Packers move up and get him.
    Yeah, but then you'd have to give up a king's ransom to convince the Colts not to take him.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    That's unlikely going to happen.

Watching the GIANTS latest move and ** trading Jason Pierre Paul. The Giants and Bucc's shook up the 2018 NFL Draft on Thursday with a blockbuster trade that features Jason Pierre-Paul being shipped from New York to and with Tampa Bay giving up a third-round pick (No. 69 overall) and the teams swapping fourth-round picks.

Giving their history and the Pass Rush. it seems likely they are targeting Bradley Chubb with the No. 2 overall pick.

Here is that story:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/g...akes-up-draft/
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

playing with the mock draft I think Edmunds in the backer that falls to us, also hope Eric Reid gets sign

14:LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS -VIRGINIA TECH

45:OT BRIAN O'NEILL - PITTSBURGH

76: WR D.J. MOORE - MARYLAND

101:TE MARK ANDREWS - OKLAHOMA

133: CB HOLTON HILL - TEXAS

138: G WYATT TELLER - VIRGINIA TECH

172: LB JACK CICHY - WISCONSIN

174: TE TROY FUMAGALLI - WISCONSIN

186: DL LOWELL LOTULELEI - UTAH

207: CB ISAAC YIADOM - BOSTON COLLEGE

232: LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN - CENTRAL FLORIDA

239: CB LEVI WALLACE - ALABAMA

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...aft-prospects/

Packers show interest in pair of Hawaii draft prospects

" According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, the Packers interviewed offensive lineman Dejon Allen and met with safety Trayvon Henderson.

Both players look like legitimate options for the Packers in the 2018 NFL draft ..."

“Shrine Game participant Dejon Allen tested well and looked good in position drills. He measured 6023/295 pounds, completed 29 reps on the bench and touched 30.5 inches in the vertical jump. His forty time clocked 4.98s while he timed 4.73s in the short shuttle and 7.5s in the 3 cone.”

NFL.com projects Allen as a late-round pick, with his athleticism and “heavy hands” allowing him to transition inside to guard at the next level. He needs to put on weight to play guard

Safety Trayvon Henderson.(6-0, 204) put his name on the map with a terrific week in Mobile at the Senior Bowl.

Draft Wire included Henderson, a three-year starter, as one of the top defensive sleeper prospects in the draft class.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-22-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

undrafted free agents hopefully, the last Hawaiian played didn't fair so well for us

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/...cts-to-know/5/

2018 NFL draft: 10 defensive sleeper prospects to know

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    undrafted free agents hopefully, the last Hawaiian played didn't fair so well for us
    There have been some good one's from that State drafted by NFCN Teams:

The Bears Center Olin Kreutz who for a six-year stretch in the 2000's, was one of the best on and off the field Centers in the NFL. Brian Urlacher said " he was the real locker room leader ". Olin Kreutz went to six-straight Pro Bowls and was the primary ace for the offensive line that paved the way to Super Bowl XLI.

The Vikings six Time Pro Bowler LBer Matt Blair

13 Season LOYAL 'in your face' Center of the LIONS Dominic Raiola. Thirteen Seasons !

Little BIG Man:

https://nflmocks.com/2018/03/22/2018...ivation-great/

2018 NFL Draft: Quadree Henderson’s motivation to be great

By Sayre Bedinger4 hours agoFollow @sayrebedinger

Jeff Feyerer @jeff_feyerer

43 1st round QBs since 2000 + 6 2018 prospects

Averaged their final 2 seasons of college starts:

Lower quartile for comp % = 60.4%

Lower quartile AdjYds/Att = 8.6

Only 6 had consecutive yrs in the lower quartile

Losman, Locker, Harrington, Boller, Ramsey & Josh Allen
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In terms of height/weight/arm strength I get the fuss around Josh Allen, but the kid's not accurate and he didn't play well against teams Iowa, Oregon, Boise State last year. The Mountain West is not exactly the SEC, and I didn't get the sense he lit it up there.
    He has bust written all over him. I don't get the appeal and top-10 talk unless you are committed to sit him for a year or (more likely) two.

QBs that aren't accurate in college IMO tend not to be accurate in the pros. If you can't hit a WR getting a free release and running down the field that's a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jeff Feyerer @jeff_feyerer

43 1st round QBs since 2000 + 6 2018 prospects

Averaged their final 2 seasons of college starts:

Lower quartile for comp % = 60.4%

Lower quartile AdjYds/Att = 8.6

Only 6 had consecutive yrs in the lower quartile

Losman, Locker, Harrington, Boller, Ramsey & Josh Allen
    Ouch for Allen.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    All the QBs in the top part of this draft have issues. Darnold and Rosen are West Coast pretty boys that had average seasons, Allen has the tool box but played at a small school and didn't have great numbers, Lamar Jackson had fantastic numbers, but he is black damn it!!!! Baker Mayfield is short and has an attitude, and probably the best all around QB that no one is talking about is Mason Rudolph from OSU but he might have a shallow arm.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Lamar Jackson had fantastic numbers, but he is black damn it!!!!
    I kind of like him the best, but the guys on the NFLN said he was pretty unpolished. He had some inaccuracies and flutters in his workout at the combine. Highest ceiling I think.

I still think there's a good chance the Packers draft a QB, because someone like Jackson drops due to 'issues.' I see some mocks have him dropping all the way to Jacksonville. Most think there's zero chance Packers draft a QB because of too many holes elsewhere - I get that - but you never know who slips in the Green room...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

They wont draft one in the first round but 2nd? 3rd? This team is just dumb enough to spend a draft pick in the first two days on a QB. You don't draft a QB unless you need to replace a QB, at this point everyone expects Rodgers to resign. Maybe they are ready to move on from the pretentious asshole?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    You don't draft a QB unless you need to replace a QB
    That's not how Lord Ron did it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I was talking starter. I don't think they drafted guys to replace Favre, Its just that Favre almost gave it away there at the beginng. Mark Brunnell was a 4th round pick. I do't disagree with drafting a QB often as a back up or to hold a clipboard but you only draft one to be a starter when you see the window closing on the current starter

This is how I feel.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-drafts-top-qb

{quote}
    The scoop: "Josh Allen is the best quarterback in this draft. I think all of the talk about his accuracy is the most overblown thing out there. His guys don't get open, which causes a lot of the incompletions -- it's not an accuracy issue." -- NFC executive
    {quote}

Allen isn't as accurate as Wentz, but his problems were mainly because his WRs were inferior to opposing CBs. Same thing with Wentz at NDSU. NDSU is a school that runs and plays defense, they don't get good WR recruits. Both Allen and Wentz had to make a lot of tight window throws.

Remember two years ago that people were saying that Wentz would need a lot of time to develop because QBs who start 23 games in college (especially at the lower level) are unsuccessful. Wentz started from day one and hasn't looked back.

That being said, he's not flawless. It's a weird group this year. There are a lot of good prospects, but there's no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. Darnold certainly isn't.
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 03-23-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    {quote}
    The scoop: "Josh Allen is the best quarterback in this draft. I think all of the talk about his accuracy is the most overblown thing out there. His guys don't get open, which causes a lot of the incompletions -- it's not an accuracy issue." -- NFC executive
    {quote}

Allen isn't as accurate as Wentz, but his problems were mainly because his WRs were inferior to opposing CBs. Same thing with Wentz at NDSU. NDSU is a school that runs and plays defense, they don't get good WR recruits. Both Allen and Wentz had to make a lot of tight window throws.
    Emory Hunt @FBallGameplan
    Comparing Josh Allen to Carson Wentz is discrediting ALL of what Wentz accomplished at NDSU. Their situations aren't the same and Wyoming is an FBS program, so not a 'small school'.

Mike Clay @MikeClayNFL
    Worst final FBS season off-target rates among top QB prospects last 3 years:
    Josh Allen 16.3%
    DeShone Kizer 14.5%
    Jeff Driskel 14.4%
    Connor Cook 13.5%
    C Hackenberg 13.4%

Did Allen throw during a Pro Day? Wonder if he looked better on air with receivers he knew.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Matthew Fairborn @MatthewFairburn
    Mel Kiper Jr. asked about Josh Allen's completion percentage: "Stats are for losers in my opinion. The guy won."

Colin Barringer @CBarringer971
    Josh Allen went 15-9 against FBS teams as Wyoming’s starting QB.

@SmokingHotTakes
    Noted winner Josh Allen and his team went 3-5 in his starts against FBS teams in non conference play with 11 touchdowns and 12 INTs in his career