Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    A lot of the bigger, press CBs are going to go in the middle rounds. Kevin Toliver, Isaac Yiadom, Holton Hill, Brandon Facyson, Tarvarus McFadden, Tony Brown (projecting because I didn't see him in press a lot), Quenton Meeks (mostly played off coverage in the videos that I watched). That may be where the Packers strike - even if they take a corner in the first two rounds. There do seem to be quite a few bigger, press corners in this draft than I remember in recent drafts, so that may bold well.
    I agree.
    wist

Does Pettine play press coverage?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Does Pettine play press coverage?
    Prodigious defenses

Pettine enjoyed an impressive four-year stint as the New York Jets’ defensive coordinator under Rex Ryan from 2009-12. He has utilized a 3-4 scheme in the past built around blitzing and press-man coverage.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz5AlYQOcds

OK then.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    OK then.
    This from Total Packers:

And here’s the thing. The Packers’ new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine likes his corners to play press-man coverage. You need corners that are strong and physical to do that. I’m going to guess Hawkins is pretty strong right now.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Don’t we already have Janice for speed?
    I wish. Janis is still a free agent. Even if he returns, McCarthy will still be too stupid to figure out a way to utilize Janis offensively. With Ridley, Fat Mike could utilize the speed fiend in the same manner that he once did with Jennings.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I wish. Janis is still a free agent. Even if he returns, McCarthy will still be too stupid to figure out a way to utilize Janis offensively. With Ridley, Fat Mike could utilize the speed fiend in the same manner that he once did with Jennings.
    maybe if janis was smart enough to figure out plays

fat mike- "ok jeff, this is you, when they snap the ball, i want you to run in a straight line as fast as you can, then catch the ball"

janis- whats that?

FM- thats a dot that represents you

janis- is that what i really look like?

FM- no

janis- whats that?

FM- thats a straight line, it represents the route you run

janis- how come that line doesn't have curves?

FM- because its a STRAIGHT line. GONNA NEED A CHEESEBURGER OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janis- ok, so then what do i do there?

FM- hold on i'm eating

janis- look a butterfly

FM- ok, that spot there is where you catch the ball

janis- the what?

FM- the ball

janis- but i don't want to get hit with the ball

FM- thats why you catch it..... GONNA NEED A CHOCOLATE SHAKE OVER HERE!!!!!!!!

janis- that thing looks like a line

FM- thats because it is a line, thats the route you run

janis- ok got it

FM- so why are you standing here?

janis- oh, you want me to run it?

FM- yes, now get in there....... thats the other team jeff, you're on the green team

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

fat mike- "ok jeff, this is you, when they snap the ball, i want you to run in a straight line as fast as you can, then catch the ball"

janis- whats that?

FM- no

janis- whats that?

FM- because its a STRAIGHT line. GONNA NEED A CHEESEBURGER OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FM- hold on i'm eating

janis- look a butterfly

janis- the what?

FM- the ball

janis- ok got it

FM- yes, now get in there....... thats the other team jeff, you're on the green team
    Janis scored 30 on the Wonderlic, so he's pretty smart. Still, that's funny.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

CB Michael Joseph is intruguing. Level of competition stunk, but he dominated. Showed tackling ability, balls skills, and he's 6'1". I don't think he has much experience in press coverage, but he looks to have the ability to be taught up. I'll be interested to see how he tests at Pro Day. He was limited at the combine. His testing was a bit up and down. He had a good 3 cone (6.89), solid shuttle (4.20) and bench (17), and below average vertical (34"). He and WR Justin Watson were two small school prospects that I've kept my eye on. Watson blew up his Pro Day with 4.42 40 and 40" vertical at 6'3" 213. I think that puts him firmly in the draftable category.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    A lot of the bigger, press CBs are going to go in the middle rounds. Kevin Toliver, Isaac Yiadom, Holton Hill, Brandon Facyson, Tarvarus McFadden, Tony Brown (projecting because I didn't see him in press a lot), Quenton Meeks (mostly played off coverage in the videos that I watched). That may be where the Packers strike - even if they take a corner in the first two rounds. There do seem to be quite a few bigger, press corners in this draft than I remember in recent drafts, so that may bold well.
    The draft flops around a a lot in terms of rankings and where teams slot guys on their own boards. For instance Carlton Davis could be a better fit for the Packers defense versus Jaire Alexander. Alexander is rated higher by just about every publication. Packers are now in a position where they have to take a known commodity, they can't take a projected 2nd rounder in the top half of the first round even though it could be a better fit. If that is a case they go a different direction than their greatest position of need.

With contact rules being enforced corners have to have the ability to stay with receivers without putting their hands on them. Size always helps but quickness and agility and smarts are just as important. Big corners are great but they can't be grabby. Davis for instance can be very grabby. Not a good thing. Receivers are like strippers, you want to be nice and close but you can't be grabby or you get flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The draft flops around a a lot in terms of rankings and where teams slot guys on their own boards. For instance Carlton Davis could be a better fit for the Packers defense versus Jaire Alexander. Alexander is rated higher by just about every publication. Packers are now in a position where they have to take a known commodity, they can't take a projected 2nd rounder in the top half of the first round even though it could be a better fit. If that is a case they go a different direction than their greatest position of need.

With contact rules being enforced corners have to have the ability to stay with receivers without putting their hands on them. Size always helps but quickness and agility and smarts are just as important. Big corners are great but they can't be grabby. Davis for instance can be very grabby. Not a good thing. Receivers are like strippers, you want to be nice and close but you can't be grabby or you get flagged.
    Good points, but a great press corner can still function in today's game. I agree on Davis - which is why I'm down on him a bit. He's grabby and a little less athletic than I'd prefer. Plus, the Packers seem to value ball skills, and Davis lacks in this area. I think the Packers will continue with the height requirement at corner, but they may give a little on the athleticism part if the player is great in press. There are a number of big corners in this draft, but some don't meet or barely meet the historical athletic measurements the Packers require. With Pettine I'm not sure if they'll give a little in this area. My guess is the Packers will still draft big corners (5'11" or taller) and prefer man corners, but they might not require great press ability. I'm not a scout, but I did get through watching videos of all of the corners that were invited to the combine.

Players that fit the style and athletic requirements the Packers look for:

Denzel Ward, Isaiah Oliver, Nick Nelson, M.J. Stewart, Andre Chachere, Christian Campbell, Davontae Harris, Dee Delaney

Players that fit the style and height requirements but we don't have full testing numbers for:

Brandon Facyson, Michael Joseph

Based on what numbers we have for Joseph, I think he'll meet the athletic requirements. Not sure about Facyson.

Players that fit the style and height requirements but are at or below Green Bay's historical athletic requirements:

Anthony Averett, Carlton Davis, Holton Hill, Tarvarus McFadden

Green Bay hasn't drafted a CB since switching to the 3-4 with over 4.34 shuttle (Goodson) and under 33 12" vertical (House). Averett had 4.40 shuttle and 31 1/2" vertical. Hill had a 31" vertical
    Green Bay hasn't drafted a CB with over a 7.10 3 cone (Rollins). Davis had a 7.30 3 cone and barely hit the minimum in the shuttle.
    Green Bay hasn't drafted a CB with over a 4.57 40 (Rollins). McFadden had a 4.67 40.

Players that fit the athletic requirements but might not fit the scheme:

Josh Jackson, Quenton Meeks, and Tony Brown fit the height and athletic requirements, but they seem better as zone corners.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I like Andre Chachere as a Day 3 pick. Decent production and test numbers.
    They have to draft at least 2 corners. Their CB chart looks horrible on paper.

Then again, I'm no scout.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

janis- whats that?

FM- no

janis- whats that?

FM- hold on i'm eating

janis- look a butterfly

janis- the what?

FM- the ball

janis- ok got it

Hahahahaha Great Satire.

The best Comedy Writers on the Canadian Satirical Comedy Show 'This Hour Has 22 Minutes'. couldn't get it down any better red.

An excellent piece of work. Mae loved it !

'This Hour Has 22 Minutes' Does Sports and Math; almost a Sport and Curling 'Team Shot' 'Strategy and Well Women 'what she say?' and 'not a Sport !':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWaCU0nIs3k

Sidney Crosby with Shaun Majumder 'does Math'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-r7YmQi85E

Where’s dat accent to b’ys? | 22 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob_-2LzHxp8

This Hour Has 22 Minutes om 'Maritime Women' Yikes !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-27-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I like Andre Chachere as a Day 3 pick. Decent production and test numbers.
    They have to draft at least 2 corners. Their CB chart looks horrible on paper.

Then again, I'm no scout.
    I'll take a look at this and the Green Bay Packers Pick in Round Three (3) Pick NO. 76 Overall:

Green Bay Packers NEEDS

Defense:

Cornerback; Strong safety

Outside and Inside linebacker

Offense:

Right guard;

Wide receiver and TE

The Packers went hard after Kyle Fuller, and Tramon Williams isn't exactly the best consolation prize. A No. 1 corner still needs to be found.

Jordy Nelson was sent packing, and while Jimmy Graham will obviously have a big role in the passing attack, WR is a thin position now. [B]A new right guard is needed with Jahri Evans moving on[/B.

Josh Jones will likely get first crack at replacing Morgan Burnett at SS, yet a better strong safety could be found.

Clay Matthews is in the final year of his deal, so finding someone to partner with Nick Perry long-term at outside linebacker is key. Inside linebacker always is a need and better depth behind the team's starters.

The Packers drafted several depth pieces at running back last year but lack a true star at the position to take pressure off Aaron Rodgers but do they need a solid Blocking TE?.

What's possibly there?

Kameron Kelly - San Diego St.....Sr...CB ** PR 7 ...6-2 ... 195 lbs

M.J. Stewart - N. Carolina ..Sr.........CB ** 8......... 6-0 ... 200 lbs

Mike Hughes -UCF ...Jr...................CB ** 9 ........ 5-11 ...185 lbs

Arden Key - LSU ................Jr.........DE ** 6 ..........6-6 ...238 lbs

Duke Ejiofor - Wake Forest...Sr........DE **7 .......... 6-4 ... 270 lbs

Lorenzo Carter- Georgia ......Sr..........DE **8 ...........6-6 .....242 lbs

Chad Thomas ..Miami (Fla.)...Sr..........DE ** 9...........6-6......275 lbs

Auden Tate - Florida St. .......Jr .........WR ** 9 ..........6-5 .....225 lbs

D.J. Moore - Maryland ..........Jr..........WR ** 10 ........ 5-11.....215 lbs

Skai Moore .S. Carolina ......Sr...........OLB..** 6 .........6-2.......221 lbs

Uchenna Nwosu..USC.,,,,,,,,Sr,,,,,,,,....OLB,**7.......... ..6-3.......235 lbs

Derrick Nnadi....Florida St...Sr.............DT ** 7............6-1.......312 lbs

80RJ McIntosh ....Miami (Fla.)..Jr.........DT.** 8............6-4.......293 lbs

** This Position Rank Comes From The CBS Sports NFL Draft Site
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-27-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

We need an outstanding Fourth Round in this 2018 NFL DRAFT;

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/...raft-round-4a/

" Green Bay Packers Hindsight is 20/20 Draft: Round 4(A) The Green Bay Packers needed a pass rusher and took one with Vince Biegel with the first pick of the fourth round. Could they have done better? "

14. Green Bay Packers ; Record: 7-9 (.539) >>> Top needs: DB, OT, WR, EDGE

** The Packers drafted a CB with their top pick last year (Kevin King), but they still need to upgrade that spot, and the safety position as well.

** Injuries have plagued the Packers' offensive tackles and they might look for more help at the RT spot.

** The departure of WR Jordy Nelson combined with the lack of production from Randall Cobb means WR could be an early priority.

** It's time to add some much-needed pass rush off the edge.

Here first is an analysis of the DRAFT at the WR Position:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-flaws-of-wrs/

This Guy has it Ranking the WR's in this order:

1. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU (Going Top of Rd. 1)

2. James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State: (Going mid Rd. 1)

3. Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State: (Going Bottom of Rd. 1)

4. .Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State: (Going Top of Rd. 2)

5. Ranked as the 44th Best Prospect. Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama: Strengths: Suddenness helps him beat press often. Sharp cuts while running his routes. Good long speed. Weakensses: Slight frame. Despite his route-running acumen, he's not a dynamic YAC receiver.

6. Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (Going Mid 2nd Rd.)

7. Deontay Burnett, WR, USC: (Going Mid 2nd Rd.)

************************************************** ***************************

I Posted a look at the potential Draft Picks in Round 3 Earlier.in this Thread.

A look at potential prospects in Round Four (4):

The Packers have Picks NO. 101 and a Comp. Pick @ NO. 133.

90 Ronnie Harrison Alabama Jr SS 2 6-3 214
    91 Allen Lazard Iowa St. Sr WR 11 6-5 223
    92 DeShon Elliott Texas Jr SS 3 6-2 205
    93 Jaleel Scott New Mex. St. Sr WR 12 6-6 215
    94 Levi Wallace Alabama Sr CB 12 6-0 181

95 Oren Burks Vanderbilt Sr ILB 4 6-3 226

96 Armani Watts Texas A&M Sr FS 4 5-11 205
    97 Cedrick Wilson Boise St. Sr WR 13 6-3 188

98 Mark Walton Miami (Fla.) Jr RB 10 5-9 205

99 Donte Jackson LSU Jr CB 13 5-11 173
    100 Will Richardson NC State Jr OT 9 6-6 322

101 Rasheem Green USC Jr DT 10 6-5 280

102 Carlton Davis Auburn Jr CB 14 6-1 203
    103 Genard Avery Memphis Sr OLB 8 6-1 255

104 Will Clapp LSU Jr C 6 6-5 309
    105 Nathan Shepherd Fort Hays State - DT 11 6-5 300

106 Nick Nelson Wisconsin Jr CB 15 5-11 207
    107 Joseph Noteboom TCU Sr OT 10 6-5 322
    108 DaeSean Hamilton Penn St. Sr WR 14 6-1 205

109 Jaylen Samuels NC State Sr TE 4 5-11 223

110 Sam Hubbard Ohio St. Jr DE 11 6-5 265
    111 Darious Williams UAB Sr CB 16 5-10 179
    112 Christian Kirk Texas A&M Jr WR 15 5-11 200

113 Breeland Speaks Ole Miss Jr DE 12 6-3 290

114 Jordan Whitehead Pittsburgh Jr SS 4 5-11 190

115 Tegray Scales Indiana Sr OLB 9 6-0 230
    116 Desmond Harrison West Georgia - OT 11 6-6 288

117 Rashaan Gaulden Tennessee Jr CB 17 6-1 185

118 Jason Cabinda Penn St. Sr ILB 5 6-1 232
    119 Kylie Fitts Utah Sr DE 13 6-4 260

120 Rashaad Penny San Diego St Sr RB 11 5-11 220
    121 Jerome Baker Ohio St. Jr OLB 10 6-1 225
    122 Fred Warner BYU Sr OLB 11 6-4 230

123 Deon Cain Clemson Jr WR 16 6-1 210

124 Coleman Shelton Washington Sr C 7 6-4 297

125 Kyzir White W. Virginia Sr CB 18 6-2 218

126 Richie James Middle Tenn. Jr WR 17 5-9 178

127 Travin Howard TCU Sr OLB 12 6-1 213

128 Jester Weah Pittsburgh Sr WR 18 6-3 210

129 Jessie Bates III Wake Forest Soph FS 5 6-2 200

130 Wyatt Teller Va. Tech Sr OG 5 6-5 308

131 Equanimeous St. Brown Notre Dame Jr WR 19 6-5 204

132 Arrion Springs Oregon Sr CB 19 5-11 205
    133 Marcus Allen Penn St. Sr FS 6 6-2 202

134 Poona Ford Texas Sr DT 12 6-0 310
    135 Scott Quessenberry UCLA Sr C 8 6-4 315
    136 Nyheim Hines NC State Jr RB 12 5-9 197
    137 Micah Kiser Virginia Sr ILB 6 6-2 240
    138 Trevon Young Louisville Sr DE 14 6-4 255

139 Trey Quinn Southern Methodist Jr WR 20 6-0 203

140 Jeremy Reaves S. Alabama Jr FS 7 5-11 190

Now get out there and Scout well for those two Fourth Round Picks and make them count for something real.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-02-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Teams still don't know how to evaluate QBs, Take #271. But with a great quote:

Thirty-five years later ('83 class of Elway-Blackledge-Kelly-Eason-Marino], I'm not entirely convinced we've gotten much better at evaluating quarterbacks. The league has access to more information than ever before, but the job has become tougher. A wider range of passing offenses at the collegiate level have made it more difficult for obstinate coaches to translate amateur success into bland professional schemes. Passers come better prepared for the pre-draft process than ever and are far more selective about throwing at the combine.

As a result, the range of opinions -- anonymous and otherwise -- we hear about these players before they enter the league is truly remarkable. The error bars are impossibly large. Ask around about Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen and you'll hear that he'll turn into budding MVP candidate Carson Wentz or Titans washout Jake Locker. You'll hear that Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield will turn into either Johnny Manziel or Russell Wilson. This doesn't happen in other sports. Jaylen Brown didn't enter the NBA draft only to be compared to both Jimmy Butler and Bill Murray in "Space Jam."

In this new 2018 NFL Season if your not totally understanding this Message from this Video and exactly how to get there all to there your missing the Point of being a strong member of Packer Nation because all of the FOCUS has to be on one GOAL...WINNING that Lombardi Trophy and anything not directed to just that result is contributing to failure.

It has to be 'all in' and Super Bowl all 365 Days of every NFL Year.

If you cannot give your all to just that then find another place to work. Packer fans want you to focus all on 'the next Ring'.

GO PACK GO!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...with-patriots/

14. Green Bay Packers

" Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame. Protecting Aaron Rodgers is of the utmost importance for the Packers, and cornerback can be addressed after Round 1. "

Teams still don't know how to evaluate QBs, Take #271. But with a great quote:
    Forgot the link: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...raft-prospects

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...b-comparisons/

NFL Draft: Why Saquon Barkley is like Edgerrin James, Derrius Guice is like Marshawn and more RB comparisons

Plus the former first-round pick that Nick Chubb has similarities to and more on 2018's top RB prospects

by Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso

CBSSports.com Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-09-2018 at 04:42 PM.