Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Would you really want a quarterback with the initials B.M?
    My kids first names are B & M...and my wife got a tattoo of 2 hearts which are really a B & M hooked together...I make fun of her all the time now that she tattoo'd poop on her arm. But WHY cleveland? I've determined the devil runs that team and has condemned them to hell for eternity. Stupid.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    My kids first names are B & M...and my wife got a tattoo of 2 hearts which are really a B & M hooked together...I make fun of her all the time now that she tattoo'd poop on her arm. But WHY cleveland? I've determined the devil runs that team and has condemned them to hell for eternity. Stupid.
    It can't be true. It just can't. Was talking to some fans the other day and they were: "Oh please anyone but BM. He's Johnny Manziel II" I don't agree exactly, but why take the little shrimp QB to play outside in northern Ohio? Take the guy who plays more like Rapelisberger. Baker Manziel belongs in a dome or something.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Corners I like outside of the first round

Carlton Davis Projected value: 2nd Round
    Goods: Has good fluid hips, can turn and run with any receiver, physical, very long frame
    Bads: Will grab and hold receivers which will hurt him in the NFL, balance and body control, getting his head turned around to locate the ball.

Holton Hill Projected value: 2nd round
    Goods: Athletic and long, has good instincts, strong tackler and run support player, good feet and closing speed.
    Bad: Character Concerns, hasn't played a lot of football due to suspensions.

Duke Dawson Projected Value: Late Second Early 3rd
    Goods: Instincts are spot on, good run support player, heady football player, good but not great athlete, understands route running from receivers
    BadL not a great athlete tight hips, and has trouble running stride for stride on deep routes.

Josh Jackson Projected Value: Second Round
    Goods: Does a great job of masking coverage, great vision, goes up and gets the ball he can jump, plays the position like a receiver
    Bads: does not have the top end speed you are looking for in an elite corner.

Donte Jackson Projected Value: Second Round
    Goods: Freakishly fast and athletic, has the rare speed that makes up for mistakes.
    Bad: He has a very thin frame and size will be an issue in the NFL, lackluster technique and awarness.

https://deadspin.com/god-help-me-im-...shi-1825564837
    hahaha... this article is me! “I will defend my God-given right to sit there and watch the draft for five hours, and I will gladly take a dump on any pretentious dick who looks down at me for such practices.”
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

word is the browns are locked in on baker mayfield at #1

smart move IMO, to me him and rosen are the only two legit QBs in that first tier.

also, out of the blue on draft day, mcginn came out and said the packers wanted bulaga to take a pay cut but he refused. could we be looking at a LT at 14?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

smart move IMO, to me him and rosen are the only two legit QBs in that first tier.

also, out of the blue on draft day, mcginn came out and said the packers wanted bulaga to take a pay cut but he refused. could we be looking at a LT at 14?
    Why LT?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Why LT?
    Think he meant OT.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Think he meant OT.
    yes i did

Don't really think that's a bad move. Maybe a little early, but protecting Rodgers may be more important than defense.

You're kidding right? In February Baker Mayfield was listed as a 2nd-3rd round selection...he has bust written all over him. I'm willing to bet Mayfield is out of the league in 3-4 years, just like Johnny football.

You're kidding right? In February Baker Mayfield was listed as a 2nd-3rd round selection...he has bust written all over him. I'm willing to bet Mayfield is out of the league in 3-4 years, just like Johnny football.
    I don't think he'll bust, but I don't buy that he is the pick.

John Dorsey probably isn't kidding when he says hand size matters.

In football.

Story making the rounds is that Dorsey told Hue Jackson they are taking Mayfield yesterday. Today its all over the news. Now Dorsey knows where the leaks are coming from
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't think he'll bust, but I don't buy that he is the pick.

John Dorsey probably isn't kidding when he says hand size matters.

In football.

Story making the rounds is that Dorsey told Hue Jackson they are taking Mayfield yesterday. Today its all over the news. Now Dorsey knows where the leaks are coming from
    HA...true

i don't think so at all

guys cocky and can ball

i don't think so at all

guys cocky and can ball
    Last season 47% of his passes were screen/bubble passes. I can complete 80% of those. Oklahoma threw more screen/bubble plays than anyone in the country.

Anyone else see the Packers are looking to move up to get Fitzpatrick?

Last season 47% of his passes were screen/bubble passes. I can complete 80% of those. Oklahoma threw more screen/bubble plays than anyone in the country.

Anyone else see the Packers are looking to move up to get Fitzpatrick?
    Yes on moving up. Fitz or Ward is theory.

They ran a comparison of short throws. Mayfield threw downfield more than Allen. I'll see if I can find it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

shows you can't pick much stock in mocks from february

that been proven to be complete crap over and over again lately

If McGlinchy is there, it's a possibility. In fact, Draft Analyst has him #14 on their Big Board. Personally, I don't like the idea of taking a guy who's probably going to play RT at #14. I think that's too high a spot for a RT.

OK, so Dorsey is proving to be the one (former) Packer insider who talks all the time to the media, by name and anonymously. He has to have been the source for most of McGinn's material for 20 years.

Today he spun a tale of the Browns taking Mayfield. Its either true or a tale to get the Jets to trade up with them.

However, if it were actually accurate, Darnold falling might get someone to trade up for the QB with the highest pro floor. That could move either the Giants, Browns or Broncos down the board, teams who might take a defender.

So I think I am rooting for this to happen. But I think the pick is still Darnold.

Between Chicago and Tampa Bay, someone is taking a DB according to mocks done today. Which means if the board falls the way most mocks pick it, moving to 9 gets you Fitz, James Edminds or Smith.

If you want Ward, you need to either get to #7 or #8 at a minimum.

get the fucking thing started already