Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Arden Key, not really any better than Landry. He plays more of a hybrid 3-4 outside linebacker than a defensive end, but really not impressed with him either.

The guy I like and he might be available in the second round for the Packers, is Lorenzo Carter from Georgia. He is more linebacker than defensive lineman. He had really good film against Notre Dame, and then some average film against Kentucky and Alabama. He plays more natural and with more flexibility than Landry or Key.

Sweat is also more of a defensive end than linebacker, but Carter is more fluid and uses better hands.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 04-24-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Sorry I am not a fan of Landry. He doesn't pop off on film. He is in a 4 point stance 95% of the time and he doesn't use his hands well. He lacks explosion off the ball. To me he looks like the least productive guy in the top 5. I would much rather have Davenport.

Compare tapes of Chubb and Landry and they are not even in the same stratosphere.
    Landry is supported to have an already developed array of pass rushing moves, especially compared to Davenport. Have read it over and over but here:

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018HLandry.php

Is it more he doesn't use his hands well to disengage?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Landry is supported to have an already developed array of pass rushing moves, especially compared to Davenport. Have read it over and over but here:

That is a very respected Draft Analysis sire.

What does this site (DRAFT ANALYST) say and I'm checking it out here in this post for the first time:

http://draftanalyst.com/harold-landry

He's (Harold Landry's) ranked next to Bradley Chubb or NO. 2 and just ahead of Marcus Davenport at NO. 3.

EDGE /DE Harold Landry - Boston College

Weaknesses:

Undersized
    Liability as a run defender
    Lacks strength
    Lacks length
    Questionable motor and effort in run defense
    Does not have a good fit in a 4-3 defense

Summary:

" ...Every year in the NFL draft, there are players who enter the college football season as one of the top prospects but end up sliding to be late first- or second-round picks. Landry could keep that trend alive for the 2018 NFL Draft. Early in the 2017 season, there were draft pundits who were projecting Landry to be a high first-round pick. However, his senior year didn't go as planned, and now, Landry would be fortunate to go on Thursday night of the 2018 NFL Draft. ..."

Now what do they say about EDGE/DE Marcus Davenport?

http://draftanalyst.com/marcus-davenport

Neg:

" Displays average quickness off the snap. Lack of bulk is an issue. Often just pins his ears back, rushes up the field and overruns the play.
    Analysis:

Davenport was a dominant defender at the college level and offers a good amount of upside for the NFL. He’s a terrific pass rusher who must improve the details of his position and fill out his frame to meet his potential. There may be bumps in the road early in Davenport’s NFL career, but if properly coached, he has a bright future as a starter. "

Comment woodbuck27:

So *** this Site *** says NO to drafting either EDGE / DE Harold Landry or Marcus Davenport in Round One.

*** Draft Analysis.

http://draftanalyst.com
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Green Bay Packers Trade down from Pick NO. 14.

So having analyzed that distinct possibility will they go for a Top Positional Prospect and Trade Up?!

If they stay at NO. 14 I see them NOT using that Pick to go EDGE /DE, but rather BPA CB (hands off WR Calvin Ridley_ size) and at NO 45 and 76 Find a solid OL/CB/WR and the BPA WR/CB @ No. 76.

Theor next Pick is NO. 101 that they can use to trade up from either NO. 45 or NO. 76.

I want to see the Packers get the best players and need oin Rd. 1-3.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-24-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Blog Entries
    Arden Key, not really any better than Landry. He plays more of a hybrid 3-4 outside linebacker than a defensive end, but really not impressed with him either.

The guy I like and he might be available in the second round for the Packers, is Lorenzo Carter from Georgia. He is more linebacker than defensive lineman. He had really good film against Notre Dame, and then some average film against Kentucky and Alabama. He plays more natural and with more flexibility than Landry or Key.

Sweat is also more of a defensive end than linebacker, but Carter is more fluid and uses better hands.

HAHA

A GENIUS PICKED HIM IN THE PR MOCK ROUND 2

TY for letting him make that pick
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

It’s nice to see the new GM use his pre draft visits to bring in guys we might actually draft, not just guys expected to be undrafted free agents.

Maybe this GM won’t miss on as many draft picks

ESPN NFL Nation Mock Draft (their beat guys including Demovsky for GB)

1. Browns - Darnold
    2. Giants - Barkley
    3. Jets - Mayfield
    4. Browns - Chubb (overkill; nice overkill; but overkill; almost anticipate trade down unless they really feel need more pass rush)
    5. Broncos - Ward (thinks the two QBs they like are gone and would prefer to trade down)
    6. Colts - Nelson
    7. Bucs - James (need a DB in worst way, especially strong safety)
    8. Bears - Smith (Nelson if he is there, but otherwise LB)
    9. 49ers - Fitzpatrick (secondary needs all around)
    10. Raiders - Vea (need to help Mack)
    11. Dolphins - Rosen (they are scouting all QBs and Seifert thinks its not a smokescreen-bol Polian wants to fight Kevin Seifert now)
    12. Bills - Allen (want to trade up for this QB)
    13. Redskins - Edmunds (need D-could also be Payne, Polian thinks he is an OLB)
    14. Packers - Davenport (RD-GB want 1of3 DBs and want trade up, MD is pick at 14, Polian and McShay love pick-think he's Ziggy Ansah)
    15. Cardinals - Jackson
    16. Ravens - McGlinchey (want to trade down into 20s and take WR or TE)
    17. Chargers - Evans (working out QBs)
    18. Seahawks - Moore (want to trade down for defense)
    19. Cowboys - Vander Esch (Todd Archer has gotten the last two Cowboys picks correct apparently (Taco Charlton and ??))
    20. Lions - Bryan (need D line help)
    21. Bengals - Price (need a new Center)
    22. Bills - Alexander (if got a QB, need DB)
    23. Patriots - Landry (need some pass rush-Polian buys the injury excuse for 2017)
    24. Panthers - Hurst (need a weapon but for some reason doesn't want a WR because Greg Olson ::shrug:
    25. Titans - Hubbard (Vrabel clone?)
    26. Falcons - Payne (have need on D Line and can't believe he is here)
    27. Saints - Ridley (are you kidding me?)
    28. Steelers - Reid (like Rudolph and Guice too)
    29. Jags - Hernandez (need to rebuild interior of O line, not future QB)
    30. Vikings - Ragnow (Spielman wants to trade down but needs O line)
    31. Patriots - Miller (need blindside protection for Brady)
    32. Eagles - Guice (want to trade down but have scouted this RB closely)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

COrrect me if I’m wrong, everyone keeps saying Davenport is ziggy ansah

Isn’t ansah a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB?

We’ve made the mistake in the past of getting the DEs that can’t play OLB for shit

Blog Entries
    I keep hearing he's raw and needs developing
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    COrrect me if I’m wrong, everyone keeps saying Davenport is ziggy ansah

Isn’t ansah a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB?

We’ve made the mistake in the past of getting the DEs that can’t play OLB for shit
    New DC. Even if he is not a 2 point OLB, there is room for a hand in dirt pass rusher from the end. You still have Matthews/Perry/Fackrell/Biegel to handle any OLB calls.

Blog Entries
    from Mike Mayock

2). Marcus Davenport, UTSA

There is quite the drop off at this position after Chubb. Davenport is a player who still needs time ti fill out into his frame. His motor also doesn’t allow him to be a player who provides consistent pressure on the quarterback at this point in his career. He has been a stand up pass rusher at UTSA, but he has the Build to become a defensive end in a 4-3 if needed. He is a player who is still fairly far from his potential.

New DC. Even if he is not a 2 point OLB, there is room for a hand in dirt pass rusher from the end. You still have Matthews/Perry/Fackrell/Biegel to handle any OLB calls.
    i would say of the guys you listed, at least 2 already can't do much more then rush the passer (perry, mathews)

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I keep hearing he's raw and needs developing
    i've heard he's a massive boom or bust guy

that he has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft, but that he's a very long ways away from there, and that he hasn't made a whole hell of a lot of progress in getting there so far

he's a guy that looks the part, but hasn't produced

i would say of the guys you listed, at least 2 already can't do much more then rush the passer (perry, mathews)
    Perry is a monster against the run. Matthews is good if he stays at home. Fackrell was better last year.

Need pass rush. Run D will be OK.

Blog Entries
    Perry is a monster against the run. Matthews is good if he stays at home. Fackrell was better last year.

Need pass rush. Run D will be OK.

"better" than horrible is still bad

I have no inkling about this draft. I think that speaks to the lack of first round defensive talent. I guess just take the best player available at any position. I'd rather have that then reach and miss.

i've heard he's a massive boom or bust guy

that he has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft, but that he's a very long ways away from there, and that he hasn't made a whole hell of a lot of progress in getting there so far

he's a guy that looks the part, but hasn't produced
    My very first time I watched him on video = STIFF.

I've watched him on video a lot and still see ... STIFF !

Mae even says between EDGE Marcus Davenport (Tier 2 and Graded at 5.99) Vs Landry (Tier 1 and Graded 6.15) it;'s Landry and he has a lot to prove he's ready for the Show in the NFL.

My guts scream NO to both Marcus Davenport and Harold Landry.

So what's really there and filling a NEED at NO. 14:

If they go BPA and Grade him anywhere like NFL.Com did it's for a real weakness now and Wide Receiver and WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama and his 6.40 Gade.

How about more athleticism at ILB and *** This Guy? How much of a project is this talent Vs Landry and Davenport?

Leighton Vander Esch - Boise State and Graded at 6.25 Right the Packers don't draft high and ILB..what a shame !? That eliminates this Guy ... Rashaan EVANS and LBer ,Alabama, and his 6.10 Grade and talent.

*** ... https://www.nfl.com/prospects/leight...6-0b4e5b5e883e

Is it another OT and Mike McGlinchey (Graded at Tier 2 and 5.95) and starting him on the Right side?

How about super move at O Guard and grabbing Tier 1 and with a GRADE of 6.12 UTEP's Will Hernandez? WE do not need projects unless it'd definitely longer term and re-building time. It's difficult to ever know what's going on in the collective Heads of Packer BRASS !? They've got more Secrets than the Free Masons. hahahaha

It's all rather complicated hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    "better" than horrible is still bad
    Fackrell still can’t rush the passer but his run D was good last year.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

I love the feature on youtube where you can watch tape of guys verse teams and they are just the cuts that they are on the field. Anyone can put a high light film together and look like an all pro.

I thought I responded to this post yesterday, but I guess I didn't. Landry looks really stiff and plays really tall. I watched 3 films on him and was not impressed with his level of disruption.
    His first step doesn't seem to gain any ground and he is not violent with his hands.

Davenport is raw, no doubt. It would be troublesome if the Packers were in a position to draft either one of these guys with the 14th pick, but Davenport is a 6-6 outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme and has the physical tools to get way better. I take the upside with Davenport. I don't know what Mayock is talking about when he refers to his motor, the film I watched of the guy he is chasing plays down away from him and up field. He probably wears out by the end of the game since he is the only playmaker for a shitty team.

The more I use Youtube the better I can see for myself about these athletes. I am sure Mayock has spent more time on it, but all of these draft prognosticators have agendas.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I am sure Mayock has spent more time on it, but all of these draft prognosticators have agendas.
    Interesting. What's Mayock's agenda?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck