Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers have the 16th pick. Last time they had the 16th pick, they took Justin Harrell.
    also a TT pick

so we're looking for a guy who everyone has as a 3rd or later pick because he's only managed to play 3 games in his college career do to injuries, but has flashed potential in those three games

Packers currently have the 17th pick. The last time they had the 17th pick (1960), they selected DB Bob Jeter.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Packers currently have the 17th pick. The last time they had the 17th pick (1960), they selected DB Bob Jeter.
    TT woulda traded down
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

i think OT is a major need

baluga can't be counted on at all to be healthy and spriggs just flat out sucks

ILB is still probably our biggest need...

Unfortunately for me, I slo-mo'd quite a few TB inside running plays... neither Ryan or Martinez can play at all. As bad at playing LB as Hundley is at QB or Spriggs is at OT.

I'm sure TT and co. think they're fine all around though.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    ILB is still probably our biggest need...

Unfortunately for me, I slo-mo'd quite a few TB inside running plays... neither Ryan or Martinez can play at all. As bad at playing LB as Hundley is at QB or Spriggs is at OT.

I'm sure TT and co. think they're fine all around though.
    Martinez has a lot of tackles ala "AJ Hawk". Chasing things down 5 yards down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Martinez has a lot of tackles ala "AJ Hawk". Chasing things down 5 yards down the field.
    It's tough work playing ILB for the Packers, because the Packers play just 2 D-Linemen more often than just about any team in the NFL. The Packers ILB's are not protected from blockers as much as on other teams. Martinez has played very well. When an ILB has to make a tackle 5 yards down field, it's not always the ILB's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    5 yds or more... I saw several examples today where he could have either filled a hole with authority, or at least stepped up, taken on the lead blocker, and closed down the angle. Instead, he consistently sat where he was and waited passively to absorb the oncoming lead blocker and runner. Result?? Consistent 7-8 yd gains.

Ryan was just as bad.

Whenever I take the time to break individual plays down, it's almost always the same sad result.

To be fair to them though... a lot of their hesitation, timidity, and lack of playmaking is likely the fault of Capers.
    wist

One of the announcers on the post-game show called a spade, a spade.... he said, "no need to rush Rodgers back for a team that isn't going anywhere anyway".

The Packers are not a good football team.
    wist

MOAR PASS RUSH PLS

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    MOAR PASS RUSH PLS
    Please listen to this man.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers are back to the 16th pick.

Packers are back to the 16th pick.
    I'd still take a modern day Bob Jeter in a heartbeat.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think OT is a major need
    We seem to be doing pretty well in OT this season. I think we should focus on winning in regular time.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    We seem to be doing pretty well in OT this season. I think we should focus on winning in regular time.
    i don't know about this week, but i'm pretty sure spriggs has been getting a ton of help

edit

OHHHHHHHHH

i get it now lol

I'm fine with drafting an OT early if the value is there. But I don't think it's a bigger need than speed wide receiver, tight end, cornerback or pass rusher.

I'm fine with drafting an OT early if the value is there. But I don't think it's a bigger need than speed wide receiver, tight end, cornerback or pass rusher.
    i think every single one of us would rather draft a WR in the second round

that seems to be the one position and round TT seems to excel at

TE is a complete waste on our team. we don't know how to use them, we aren't gonna use them like other teams do. we could have gronk on our team, and he wouldn't be a dominate players like he is now
    Last edited by red; 12-11-2017 at 05:13 PM.

As badly as we need O Line help, teams way too often don't have much success with drafting O Linemen in the first round. In addition to that, the Packers seem to have an annoying habit of drafting undersized supposedly mobile O Linemen instead of big bruisers.

I'd rather see another potential shut down Corner drafted. King and Randall may not be busts, but both seem much more suited to being the team's second or third Corner behind some top flight #1. Assuming Ted would stubbornly refuse to sign a star quality free agent Corner, it would be good to draft one.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I think the reason it looks like TT is decent at drafting WR's is because who is throwing them the ball. AR makes mediocre talent look great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Please listen to this man.

REDO of 2017 DRAFT ???
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?