Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Forget an ot in the first... one of Murphy or Spriggs will be good enough. First 4 picks should include 2 olb's, a cb, and a wr. Spend the middle rounds getting ol depth.
    Go PACK

The good news is that we will all get good sleep Thursday Night during the draft as the Packers pick before midnight for a change.

Or whatever day they are doing it now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Moving Rodgers to IR brings up the real prospect of a 7-9 season. Last year 3 teams finished 7-9 and they drafted 10-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Moving Rodgers to IR brings up the real prospect of a 7-9 season. Last year 3 teams finished 7-9 and they drafted 10-12.
    So far the top 7 is pretty well defined. After that, 7-9 could land from 8-14. That's only based on current record, without looking which of the teams play each other or what the tiebreaker scenarios would look like.

It's a real race to sub-mediocrity.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Who are the premier pass rushers this year? It seems we missed one heck of a year last year for PRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Forget an ot in the first... one of Murphy or Spriggs will be good enough. First 4 picks should include 2 olb's, a cb, and a wr. Spend the middle rounds getting ol depth.
    Agree

Pass rush is a definite need.
    House probably won't be back (and if he is, he shouldn't be starting), and the rest don't inspire confidence. King could be very good and maybe the lightbulb went on for Randall -- he's been the best since the CHI meltdown.
    Even if they sign Adams they still have to sort out the rest of the WR's. Geronimo's ceiling is a #3, Cobb can't outrun Nick Kwiatkowski, Jordy can't outrun anyone, and Yancey/Clark are raw. I'm ignoring Trevor Davis because I don't think he's an answer, meaning TT will go back to the draft pool to make sure there are weapons for Rodgers.

They will find OT's to convert to guards or G-T backups in the mid-rounds, plus they can continue to develop McCray, Murphy and maybe even Spriggs.

Blog Entries
    PASS RUSH................HMMMMMMMMMMMM............WE COULDA.............SHOULDA..............U guys all know how to fill in the blank
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    PASS RUSH................HMMMMMMMMMMMM............WE COULDA.............SHOULDA..............U guys all know how to fill in the blank
    Lol it's a sprint not a marathon. Take the TJ Watt pictures down from your wall and let King/Biegel get through a season healthy.
    Go PACK

Lol it's a sprint not a marathon. Take the TJ Watt pictures down from your wall and let King/Biegel get through a season healthy.
    I don't think Biegel will ever be a star or even a Perry (assignment reliable and dependable). But I think he's got it in him to be better than the other stuff GB has been trotting out (Datone Jones, Elliot, Fackrell, etc). I saw he had a couple moves on Sunday that got him almost free. Give him more seasoning, and he might be decent. But not the answer to the pass rush question.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

will that ever happen?

king showed some flashes this year, but also showed a lot of bad traits. he could still go either way i think

beigel might have the talent to turn into the next jerome elliot, where none of us can figure out why he can't get playing time because he once got a sack, but the coaches know why

Ya chances are biegel becomes dependable and not much else but who the fuck knows. The draft is a crapshoot.

I have hopes for king.
    Go PACK

I've looked at 2 mock drafts and both have the Packers taking James Washington - WR - Oklahoma St. Anybody with thoughts on him? I know everybody wants a pass rusher, but I'm not sure there will be one worthy of the pick when the Packers draft in the 1st round (Probably somewhere between 10-15).

https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

"An edge pass rusher is the Packers biggest need" is a statement that has been used here repeatedly over the last three NFL Drafts. Nothing much has changed, unfortunately, but if the Packers were to be selecting in this spot, is there a sure-fire impact pass rusher worthy of the pick? Looking at edge rushers available here, the answer is a very-likely "No". So that brings us to one proven postulate of drafting for the Green Bay Packers: When in doubt, get Aaron Rodgers another weapon. Jordy Nelson will be 33 before next season and is already showing noticeable signs of slowing down. Randall Cobb has never again approached the career year he put up in 2014, which earned him a hefty new 4-yr deal. Both are in the last year of their contracts in 2018, with each carrying a 12M+ cap hit. With impending free agent Davante Adams sure to command a top-tier WR contract, it's extremely unlikely all three will be with the Packers next season. A new toy for Rodgers, especially a legitimate deep threat currently lacking on the Packers, seems to be the best value for the Packers in this spot. With Biletnikoff Award-winner James Washington on the roster, Rodgers will bring back the play-action rollout double-move deep shot that Nelson can no longer run. It will be glorious.

- @JerseyAlGBP, Packers Analyst
    http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/1...draft-profile/

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Wait, players can actually be healthy, and actually...play? Mind blown!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Wait, players can actually be healthy, and actually...play? Mind blown!
    No they can’t. He’s just messing with you.

Packers currently have the 14th pick. The last time they selected 14th was 2000 when they selected Bubba Franks.

Packers currently have the 14th pick. The last time they selected 14th was 2000 when they selected Bubba Franks.
    BUBBA!

I used to love his stat lines

3 catches
    9 yards
    2TDs
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I was looking at all this the other day, I think the absolute best we could do is 13th and the worst I want to say was 19th, that’s a big difference. We need to lose to the lions, as much as that would suck

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    BUBBA!

I used to love his stat lines

3 catches
    9 yards
    2TDs
    He was efficient all right. No one runs his play anymore: block, fall down, get back up, wide open TD catch.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I was looking at all this the other day, I think the absolute best we could do is 13th and the worst I want to say was 19th, that’s a big difference. We need to lose to the lions, as much as that would suck
    Packers will probably lose Sunday, even though Hundley has played well on the road. Lions will be playing for their playoff lives, so they should be stoked. Cincinnati and Oakland (both 6-9) are playing playoff contenders and will probably lose. When Sunday is done, I think the Packers will probably have between the 14th and 16th pick.

Packers will probably lose Sunday, even though Hundley has played well on the road. Lions will be playing for their playoff lives, so they should be stoked. Cincinnati and Oakland (both 6-9) are playing playoff contenders and will probably lose. When Sunday is done, I think the Packers will probably have between the 14th and 16th pick.
    Lions are eliminated