Thread: More Banjo: Week 6 @ Minnesota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    What is the point of any hard tackling in football?

It's a game of emotion and aggression and domination, snowflake.

you want to rattle the opponent, make them hesitant.
    Of course, but that renders the space between fear/intimidation and trying to hurt them very small. Saying players aren't trying to hurt them is not true.

Most are probably not trying to end their year though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Most are probably not trying to end their year though.
    But that is a delightful possibility.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    But that is a delightful possibility.
    To some definitely. Thankfully, it wasn't to Tommie Harris. But plenty of "good guys" are trying to do it: Matthews, Reggie White

When I played, just to complete the circle Harlan started, I would have happily hit you hard enough to knock you out for a couple plays. But I wasn't looking for an injury to cause. You would have had to make it very personal to get that response. One kid did this, but I never got the chance.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    When I played, just to complete the circle Harlan started, I would have happily hit you hard enough to knock you out for a couple plays. But I wasn't looking for an injury to cause.
    I assume most athletes are like this. I remember in football, hockey, sometimes wrestling, it was just pleasurable to hit someone. Or boxing with those gloves our parents foolishly got us for Christmas. It is fun to crash into somebody. The thought of the opponent breaking a bone or ligament is the furthest thing from your mind.

When there is an injury in pro sports, I see players on both teams look genuinely concerned. I think there is a real brotherhood of competitors.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    When there is an injury in pro sports, I see players on both teams look genuinely concerned. I think there is a real brotherhood of competitors.

I didn't see any concern on Sunday from the Viking bench

(when it's an obviously very serious injury your statement is largely true)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Cohen
    McCarthy said the personnel department is looking at some guys for a potential third QB spot on the practice squad. #Packers

Spoon
    McCarthy's mantra now: Don't try to do too much. Focus on your job.

Wilde
    Aaron Rodgers' surgery date has not yet been set. #Packers coach Mike McCarthy very clearly took issue with Anthony Barr's hit.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-16-2017 at 04:17 PM.