Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 6 @ Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    What was dirty? Did he punch Arod in the nuts? A hard hit is not dirty. This was not even a dramatic hit. The only "dirty" thing is you are mad that the Packer QB got hurt.

If Arod hadn't been injured, nobody would even have noticed this tackle.

Arod is not a big, rugged guy. Not sure that matters. But I was shocked that he broke a bone from that contact with ground. Probably regular-sized shoulder pads would have saved him. QBs have little protection there.
    It was the extended arm that got him. It gave leverage to hit that pressured his collarbone (Patler mentioned this elsewhere). This was a hit he should have taken in a tuck and roll position. All hindsight though.

Frankly, the kid is a genius for being this healthy this far along in his career given how much time he spends out of the pocket and waiting to throw.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

"tuck and roll" is damn good advice for old people walking in icy conditions. It;s the panic, attempt to break your fall that gets you.

I've had falls and bicycle spills and always come out ok. Guess as former wrassler my body knows to not tense up, just roll with it. Sorta like the old joke:

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    What is this kind of hit? Are we going to make tackling the QB illegal? Maybe I saw it differently than others, but there was nothing particularly violent about the tackle, wide receivers are brought down like that every play. I think Rodgers was mad that it was a late hit, but looking at replay, it wasn't late. Close - if the guy had another half second and extra step it woulda been a flag.

There is no rule change that can fix this other than eliminating tackling the QB. Maybe that will happen - seriously. It could be two-hand-touch for the passer.
    QBs are typically tackled by linemen and LBs. WRs are typically tackled by defensive backs. WR are typically moving faster and aren't usually landed on like QBs standing in the pocket or looking downfield. Even so you may have noticed Packer WR still get hurt with lighter hit than Rodgers took.

The tackle wasn't all the violent it was just a hard hit with a full body landing on Rodgers with extended arm.

Of course we wouldn't be making that big of deal if he hadn't got hurt. But every time a QB - or anyone else - takes a hit like that there's a chance for injury.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It was the extended arm that got him. It gave leverage to hit that pressured his collarbone (Patler mentioned this elsewhere). This was a hit he should have taken in a tuck and roll position. All hindsight though.

Frankly, the kid is a genius for being this healthy this far along in his career given how much time he spends out of the pocket and waiting to throw.
    Yes..the hit was simply normal.Your correct without the injury there would be little made of Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr's contact with ARod.

It's almost shocking the damage that was caused by his fall, but the forces from the right hand's contact with the field surface and on and up the right arm caused the collarbone to snap. With no hand down ARod more than likely would have bounced up and merely shrugged those shoulders as we've seen him do so often.

It's just one of those freaky things and ARod. He's one heck of a fine athlete and as his body is constructed an exceptional QB with outstanding arm strength to make the long throw; the legs and speed to run very well.

Is he a rugged guy? It hasn't seemed so to me that he is 'rugged', watching him since he was drafted. Doesn't anyone remember him getting injured falling off the end of a players bench?

Yes ARod has to run out of the QB Pocket often and maybe way to much but that is his style of playing QB and extending the play.His outstanding athleticism works for him and that. He might be an athletic Genius but given his body and vulnerability to injury.

He has been very fortunate or lucky not to be more often injured. We'll see that disappear as his career extends. As Packer fans we know just how much and Packer success rides on Aaron Rodgers being active for games. For by far the most Top Level Teams in NFL History; it's the same and the starting QB position.

Yesterday LUCK disappeared for Aaron Rodgers, the Green Bay Packers and Packer Nation.We witnessed a tragedy as Packer fans. Aaron Rodgers suffered far far more.

The impact of this injury will in all reality be negatively HUGE. The negative impact extending beyond the 2017-18 Season and all Aaron Rodgers is. Nothing short of a NFL Rule change to: You cannot hit a QB will remove the impact of Bad Luck on Aaron Rodgers and thus Green Bay Packers good fortunes.

It still remains:

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-16-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

What is this kind of hit? Are we going to make tackling the QB illegal? Maybe I saw it differently than others, but there was nothing particularly violent about the tackle, wide receivers are brought down like that every play. I think Rodgers was mad that it was a late hit, but looking at replay, it wasn't late. Close - if the guy had another half second and extra step it woulda been a flag.

There is no rule change that can fix this other than eliminating tackling the QB. Maybe that will happen - seriously. It could be two-hand-touch for the passer.
    I wanted it to be a penalty, but I couldn't even justify one in my fandom on replay. It just sucks.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

What was dirty? Did he punch Arod in the nuts? A hard hit is not dirty. This was not even a dramatic hit. The only "dirty" thing is you are mad that the Packer QB got hurt.

If Arod hadn't been injured, nobody would even have noticed this tackle.

Arod is not a big, rugged guy. Not sure that matters. But I was shocked that he broke a bone from that contact with ground. Probably regular-sized shoulder pads would have saved him. QBs have little protection there.
    I had a similar take. I thought he rolled really well too. But injury hits sometimes. Too bad it wasn't someone else's star QB instead.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Dana Litman is still VERY angry that Packer fans are blaming Barr and not recognizing their own complicity. He doesn't want to hear about kindness. Or flags. Or fines.

He wants you to yield and wallow in your hypocrisy! And Wilde is here to confess.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    Rodgers tells a great story of @Tommieharris90 holding him up to save him from a major knee injury in game vs. Bears. Always respected that. https://twitter.com/BumpinFresh/stat...41346826645505

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    No idea what Barr was thinking, not accusing him of anything. Just giving an example of a player protecting another instead of injuring him.

Dana Litman‏ @DanaLitman
    Kind of like when Clay Matthews unnecessarily launched himself at Kaepernick when he was out of bounds...

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    Or when Matthews blindsided R.Wilson in the head after an INT in '14 NFCCG. Is this how we debate things? "But they did a bad thing too!"
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He's no Favre as far as being able to take a shot and stay "healthy". But I bet he's far above the NFL average for QB's as far as playing vs hits he takes. That is if there is such a stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    He's no Favre as far as being able to take a shot and stay "healthy". But I bet he's far above the NFL average for QB's as far as playing vs hits he takes. That is if there is such a stat.
    No one is Favre, as evidenced by the guy who was closest to his streak being a defensive end. Manning got close by almost never getting hit and going down early.

But Favre also took bad decision making and risk assumption to new levels in order to stay healthy (on the plus side, he also learned to throw the ball away). He was an entirely different player in the 2000s versus the kid who took kill shot after kill shot in the mid 1990s. No one has completed more passes after taking a concussion mid-play that Favre before year 2000.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 41s41 seconds ago
    The #Packers have just completed deal to sign practice squad QB Joe Callahan to the 53-man roster. He's Brett Hundley's backup for now.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HINT THAT OTHER THINGS ARE IN THE WORKS UNLESS YOU ALSO MAKE A PREDICTION. I THINK REPORTERS ARE DELUDING THEMSELVES HERE, BUT MAYBE THEY KNOW SOMETHING THAT HASN'T LEAKED YET.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Dana Litman is still VERY angry that Packer fans are blaming Barr and not recognizing their own complicity. He doesn't want to hear about kindness. Or flags. Or fines.

He wants you to yield and wallow in your hypocrisy! And Wilde is here to confess.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    Rodgers tells a great story of @Tommieharris90 holding him up to save him from a major knee injury in game vs. Bears. Always respected that. https://twitter.com/BumpinFresh/stat...41346826645505

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    No idea what Barr was thinking, not accusing him of anything. Just giving an example of a player protecting another instead of injuring him.

Dana Litman‏ @DanaLitman
    Kind of like when Clay Matthews unnecessarily launched himself at Kaepernick when he was out of bounds...

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    Or when Matthews blindsided R.Wilson in the head after an INT in '14 NFCCG. Is this how we debate things? "But they did a bad thing too!"
    Wow, these two guys would fit in here as Packerrats. lol
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HINT THAT OTHER THINGS ARE IN THE WORKS UNLESS YOU ALSO MAKE A PREDICTION. I THINK REPORTERS ARE DELUDING THEMSELVES HERE, BUT MAYBE THEY KNOW SOMETHING THAT HASN'T LEAKED YET.
    Stop shouting, old man.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Stop shouting, old man.
    Is this how we debate things? Shouting "Stop shouting!"
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Wow, these two guys would fit in here as Packerrats. lol
    Clean hit, Charlie took less than two steps.

Stop shouting, old man.
    he always capitalizes his response/comments on tweets.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Mae and I both agreed on this:

What happened to Aaron Rodgers was going to happen sooner or later this Season as he was again being punished too often. No NFL Team has suffered more QB SACKS this Season than The Green Bay Packers (tied with Detroit)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    There seems to be a consensus in here that the season is down the drain. Am I the only one in here that doesn't buy that? We damn near came back and beat a fairly decent team at their place without Rodgers and with a ton of other injuries. If damn McCarthy had gone for it on 4th and 1 (or not just run it into the line on 2nd and 3rd and 1), and if Montgomery had remembered he wasn't still in college and secured the ball and crawled in instead of stretching and losing control - either of those things or both, we might even have won that game.

Hundley may not be Rodgers, but he was decent today, and he's only gonna get better. And our schedule was front loaded - if it hadn't been for the injury, the Packers would have literally been favored to run the table. They still should beat most of the teams the rest of the way ....... and on top of all that, there is some chance - 50/50? more? less? that Aaron Rodgers comes back in 6 or 7 or 8 weeks. or whenever.

I'm still betting we make the playoffs, and if we do that with Rodgers back healthy, the sky is still the limit. Somebody ought to start a poll - who's a believer and who isn't.

I need some more information on if Rodgers is coming back or not. All I heard yesterday was that Rodgers will miss the remainder of the season (or was he "likely" to miss the rest of the season). If Rodgers is done, the season is over. If he can come back in 8 weeks, I'm on board. Perhaps we can go 3-4 in his absence and be 7-6 needing to win out with Rodgers.

STOP THE HAMMERING!! NSFW or elsewhere.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I need some more information on if Rodgers is coming back or not. All I heard yesterday was that Rodgers will miss the remainder of the season (or was he "likely" to miss the rest of the season). If Rodgers is done, the season is over. If he can come back in 8 weeks, I'm on board. Perhaps we can go 3-4 in his absence and be 7-6 needing to win out with Rodgers.

or

Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-16-2017 at 12:33 PM.