Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 6 @ Minnesota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    The only reason to hit a QB who has already thrown a ball is to hurt him.
    No, the goal is to keep the QB nervous and his feet happy. Pressure. If you shake him up- good. But the idea is not to break his collar bone, that is just a delightful possibility.

I remember in high school football, when we played an option team, the defensive end was instructed to tackle the QB hard every play, whether he pitched the ball or not. The goal was to wear the QB down, as well as remove one option. Idea is not to create an injury. (OK, maybe 1970s high school football is a little different than 2017 NFL.)

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    No, the goal is to keep the QB nervous and his feet happy. Pressure. If you shake him up- good. But the idea is not to break his collar bone, that is just a delightful possibility.

I remember in high school football, when we played an option team, the defensive end was instructed to tackle the QB hard every play, whether he pitched the ball or not. The goal was to wear the QB down, as well as remove one option. Idea is not to create an injury. (OK, maybe 1970s high school football is a little different than 2017 NFL.)
    I feel like you are artificially increasing the distance between causing fear/nervousness and causing injury in your explication.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dana Litman is still VERY angry that Packer fans are blaming Barr and not recognizing their own complicity. He doesn't want to hear about kindness. Or flags. Or fines.

He wants you to yield and wallow in your hypocrisy! And Wilde is here to confess.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    Rodgers tells a great story of @Tommieharris90 holding him up to save him from a major knee injury in game vs. Bears. Always respected that. https://twitter.com/BumpinFresh/stat...41346826645505

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    No idea what Barr was thinking, not accusing him of anything. Just giving an example of a player protecting another instead of injuring him.

Dana Litman‏ @DanaLitman
    Kind of like when Clay Matthews unnecessarily launched himself at Kaepernick when he was out of bounds...

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    Or when Matthews blindsided R.Wilson in the head after an INT in '14 NFCCG. Is this how we debate things? "But they did a bad thing too!"
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Dana Litman is still VERY angry that Packer fans are blaming Barr and not recognizing their own complicity. He doesn't want to hear about kindness. Or flags. Or fines.

He wants you to yield and wallow in your hypocrisy! And Wilde is here to confess.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    Rodgers tells a great story of @Tommieharris90 holding him up to save him from a major knee injury in game vs. Bears. Always respected that. https://twitter.com/BumpinFresh/stat...41346826645505

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    No idea what Barr was thinking, not accusing him of anything. Just giving an example of a player protecting another instead of injuring him.

Dana Litman‏ @DanaLitman
    Kind of like when Clay Matthews unnecessarily launched himself at Kaepernick when he was out of bounds...

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    Or when Matthews blindsided R.Wilson in the head after an INT in '14 NFCCG. Is this how we debate things? "But they did a bad thing too!"
    Wow, these two guys would fit in here as Packerrats. lol
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Wow, these two guys would fit in here as Packerrats. lol
    Clean hit, Charlie took less than two steps.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HINT THAT OTHER THINGS ARE IN THE WORKS UNLESS YOU ALSO MAKE A PREDICTION. I THINK REPORTERS ARE DELUDING THEMSELVES HERE, BUT MAYBE THEY KNOW SOMETHING THAT HASN'T LEAKED YET.
    Stop shouting, old man.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Stop shouting, old man.
    Is this how we debate things? Shouting "Stop shouting!"
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    STOP THE HAMMERING!! NSFW or elsewhere.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Stop shouting, old man.
    he always capitalizes his response/comments on tweets.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Will McCoach have a press conference this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    10/22 New Orleans (3-2)
    10/29 BYE WEEK
    11/6 Detroit (3-3)
    11/12 @Chicago (2-4)
    11/19 Baltimore (3-3)
    11/26 @Pittsburgh (4-2)
    12/3 Tampa Bay (2-3)
    12/10 @Cleveland (0-6)
    12/17 @Carolina (4-2)
    12/23 Minnesota (4-2)
    12/31 @Detroit (3-3)

Packers remaining schedule.

I'm assuming Rodgers will be back best case for the week after Cleveland. I see Chicago, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, and Cleveland as potential wins. New Orleans, Detroit, and Pittsburgh probably put up too many points against our defense for the stunted offense to have a chance to keep up. We probably win 2 of the potential wins, but since we're living in dreamland best case scenario, lets say we win 3.

That leaves us at 7-6 with Rodgers returning. Then we have to win @Carolina, Minnesota, and @Detroit. I don't think I'd pick us to win all 3 of those games with Rodgers in the lineup. We might finish 9-7 in a best case scenario. Will that be enough for the playoffs? I guess we'll find out as the season unfolds.

I don't think it has even been reported yet what kind of fracture Rodgers has. If it needs surgery then his season is over, end of conversation. If no surgery then there is still the uncertainty about it being on this throwing side, which might mean rehabbing the arm and might require longer healing process for the bone. I think it's a good thing that the team has introduced the specter that this will be season ending, and they should leave it at that. If GB is still competitive and Rodgers is able to come back in late December it will be a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I think it's a good thing that the team has introduced the specter that this will be season ending, and they should leave it at that. If GB is still competitive and Rodgers is able to come back in late December it will be a pleasant surprise.
    quoted for truthiness. but I thought a "specter" is a ghost. I'll look it up.

edit: also "something widely feared as a possible unpleasant or dangerous occurrence." ya, guess I knew that.

Callahan is on the roster with a newly redone contract and Quinten Rollins is on IR.

Quinten Rollins is on IR.
    Iredeemable recruits?

I support all the new rules to protect players in both the NFL and College. I expect both games will become less violent/dangerous, and that is an inevitable and good thing. I'd like to see NFL adopt college rule on targeting. But within the rules, it is still a rough game, and defensive backs in college are still smacking receivers hard. QBs still taking hits.

M3 PC

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy said QB Aaron Rodgers will require surgery for his broken collarbone. Likely means his season is over.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago
    Three years of investment in Hundley, MM says. Likes his QB room. Then not pleased with a Kaepernick question.

PREDICTABLE AS RAIN. REPORTERS WRITING AS THOUGH SOME OTHER REACTION WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU THINK CK DESERVES A SHOT, WERE JUST IGNORING 10 YEARS OF PRECEDENT

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy is really agitated at the podium. He is unhappy with the performance yesterday and got hot over a question about Kaepernick.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy clearly not happy with questioning about bringing in another QB in. Said too much invested in Hundley and Callahan to go that way.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
    MM believes hit on Rodgers: "I didn't like the hit. It wasn't necessary. It was totally unnecessary."

UNNECESSARY IS GOOD DESCRIPTION BUT DOESN'T REALLY GET YOU ANYTHING

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago
    "Everybody needs to clean their house up," MM says. Clearly not happy with weekly improvement.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy reiterating how frustrated he is with the quality of play yesterday against the Vikings. Everyone needs to clean it up. #Packers

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy reiterating how frustrated he is with the quality of play yesterday against the Vikings. Everyone needs to clean it up. #Packers
    John Ulrick needs to clean it up. No way they're gonna get a first round pick from Cleveland in the offseason if he keeps playing like a fourth stringer.

Honestly, at some point, the next man up thing is gonna fall flat, because it's not the next man up, it's the next next next man up and every player on the team knows there's a reason Ulrick was traded for a conditional 7th round pick several years ago and has played in a grand total of 6 games over three years.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    John Ulrick needs to clean it up. No way they're gonna get a first round pick from Cleveland in the offseason if he keeps playing like a fourth stringer.

Honestly, at some point, the next man up thing is gonna fall flat, because it's not the next man up, it's the next next next man up and every player on the team knows there's a reason Ulrick was traded for a conditional 7th round pick several years ago and has played in a grand total of 6 games over three years.
    Matthew said yesterday that he wouldn't use the cliche because the next man up was already on the field when everyone else got hurt.