Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Then you evidently agree with wist43.

Until TT and the Defensive expertise on the Green Bay Packers Staff can draft on 'D' the Green Bay Packers and Super Bowl is in all probability a mere illusion. Great NFL Teams have great 'D's'.

It's a hand and hand thing:

A great QB and 'O' also needs 'at least a decent 'D'.

The Packers do not have a decent 'D'. That is particularly the case and Pass Rush now and in the Packer Secondary.

The Green Bay Packers need a whole different direction and Drafting for the next five Seasons. For the past five Seasons Ted Thompson and his Scouting Team and the DC etc. have blown it and getting the help that Aaron Rodgers and the Packer 'O' has needed on DEFENSE.

What's the answer Pugger if it isn't a prayer that TT steps away?
    It's not as easy as that Woodbuck. Having a great QB is a gift but there are negatives that go along with it. The QB pay scale has caught up recently where even average QB's are in Rodgers' vicinity but prior to that there was a significant difference between what the top QB's and average QB's were getting. In addition, the elite QB's keep you at a level where you never bottom out and draft near the top.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    It's not as easy as that Woodbuck. Having a great QB is a gift but there are negatives that go along with it. The QB pay scale has caught up recently where even average QB's are in Rodgers' vicinity but prior to that there was a significant difference between what the top QB's and average QB's were getting. In addition, the elite QB's keep you at a level where you never bottom out and draft near the top.
    The DRAFT is Seven Rounds. You have a brand new Draft Class.

You must draft talent sure but you also must draft potential NFL players with true heart and real determination the guts to play in the Packer System.That is where I believe the 'key' exists. Draft REAL NFL football players. You must have a Scout Team focused on that after your Elite QB. To truly add support to that Elite QB. There has been an obvious fail there.

That fact must be clearly evident. I can attest to this as a TRUTH.We have some very bright football fans not simply Homer Packer fans here at Packerrats. I know that because I must be as a fan in touch with all that's going on in the NFL or I fail as an amatuer analyst. I fail as a Pro Pickem competitor with a solid record.

I know the Elite Draft picks go in Round 1 and the Packers generally or over the past decade (and Aaron Rodgers) pick in the bottom third of that round; but good Scouting has to somehow compensate.

After that it comes down to a solid Program and not having adversity kick your Rosters ass.

I'm simply frustrated with 'excuses being the order for the end of every Season'. Is it anything really and bad luck or bad karma?

Whatever...I vote for a real change. Will that be better?

I don't know but PLEASE we need something before Aaron Rodgers cannot compete. That window and opportunity just closed some more last Sunday.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Let's wait to assess the D until they at least have most of their defensive starters (including secondary) back.

CB1, CB2, and S/Hybrid1 were all out. In Minnesota's game, they were down to one cornerback and three safeties (two backups) on the field due to injuries.

Daniels is still (obviously) hurting. Either that or he's in a funk.

Interesting to me is they have budding stars/potential at all three levels on defense. Clark/Martinez/King could be something.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Interesting to me is they have budding stars/potential at all three levels on defense. Clark/Martinez/King could be something.
    Was just thinking the same thing the other day, and I've always felt you need difference makers at all 3 levels to have a good defense. They still need a pass rusher though.

When's the last time we've had difference makers at every level? Raji/CM3/Woodson?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Was just thinking the same thing the other day, and I've always felt you need difference makers at all 3 levels to have a good defense. They still need a pass rusher though.

When's the last time we've had difference makers at every level? Raji/CM3/Woodson?
    Perhaps. But I think the new trio is better than Raji, although none of them are CM3 or Woodson. So averages less than then? Though Clark could really be good. He was tackling players even after being knocked to his knees.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Then you evidently agree with wist43.

Until TT and the Defensive expertise on the Green Bay Packers Staff can draft on 'D' the Green Bay Packers and Super Bowl is in all probability a mere illusion. Great NFL Teams have great 'D's'.

It's a hand and hand thing:

A great QB and 'O' also needs 'at least a decent 'D'.

The Packers do not have a decent 'D'. That is particularly the case and Pass Rush now and in the Packer Secondary.

The Green Bay Packers need a whole different direction and Drafting for the next five Seasons. For the past five Seasons Ted Thompson and his Scouting Team and the DC etc. have blown it and getting the help that Aaron Rodgers and the Packer 'O' has needed on DEFENSE.

What's the answer Pugger if it isn't a prayer that TT steps away?
    Are our defensive problems because of TT or Capers? Ted doesn't seem to have a problem drafting offensive players so he must have some skill when it comes to evaluating talent.

I think the Defense just gets lax because they usually have Rodgers to bail them out.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^^ mediocre
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I think the Defense just gets lax because they usually have Rodgers to bail them out.
    They need to play like they think they are the best, Barr none.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Thompson doesn't know how to draft defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

If that was Year to Date, I'd be more impressed. Regardless, it seems like we finally got a top tier talent in round 1. Getting the pick of the litter probably helped.

Impressive and hopeful.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The nice thing about Clark playing so well is that he just turned 22 this month. So he’s still younger than over half the rookies. So next year will really be the year to know what we’ve got. He’s still developing.

Who knows, maybe this year we struggle adapting to hundley, go 8-8.... then we draft a stud pass rusher, Clark becomes a dominant force just in time to catch the back end of Daniels prime.... who knows.... maybe losing Rodgers this year sets us up for a great defense next year.