Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Until today I was in the "We're fucked, the QB is up in the air and the best RB is out".....now it's like - see what happens!
    The Vikings are trending upward.

You need luck at QB. That's just like every Top Tier NFL Team.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The Vikings are trending upward.

You need luck at QB. That's just like every Top Tier NFL Team.
    How so? Because they defeated a beat up team that lost their starting QB and leader? They do have a couple of easy games coming up but who among us thought KC would lose at home today or Atlanta would lose to Miami?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How so? Because they defeated a beat up team that lost their starting QB and leader? They do have a couple of easy games coming up but who among us thought KC would lose at home today or Atlanta would lose to Miami?
    Yeah, no kidding. Football is so weird. Packers looked to have the whole thing coming back their way at the start of the game and then KABOOM it all gets blown to hell. Next thing you know, Hundley surprises everyone and turns into a season-long fuckdoggle extraordinaire and we're all like Hey, wha happened? ( I'm in the bargaining stage).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Didn't he have a second one, that he himself should have intercepted?
    I think that was negated by a penalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Studs.....yeah Martinez had a solid game. And Kenny Clark made a play. Other than that...
    Duds
    O-line. Look I know we are not at full strength, but Jesus give the young guy a little time.
    Cobb, Jordy, Bennett, Montgomery. Our skill players were exposed as being mediocre at best. There is zero explosiveness, zero separation, little in the way of favorable matchups.
    Hundley- he's a backup. But we've heard the coaches rave about him. It's the NFL you can't be inaccurate and make bad decisions.
    MM-Not going for fourth and a foot at midfield. Terrible clock management on our final possesion. No need to keep the clock running.
    Defense- You suck at tackling. You suck at creating pressure You suck at covering in space. Minus a couple turnovers, the Vikings B squad could have easily dropped 35 today.

This team is woefully untalented. Aaron makes it look easy by keeping us in the mix every year. But I just look at the team outside of him and see a bunch of guys. Nobody is game planning for them.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It was a lot of shoving way out of bounds near the ball carrier, but I never saw if the hit was or it was just beefing after the play was over.

Adams and Barr were elsewhere I believe.
    It was in the background of one of the replays. Barr went up to Adams and put his helmet on Adams in a "macho" celebratory way. The penalty was completely warranted.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

The whole training staff is a dud. Look i understand injuries happen but I watch a lot of games and announcers never go on and on about injuries the way they do for the packers game after game. At this point I'd rather have the strength and conditioning staff be led by Richard Simmons.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    It was in the background of one of the replays. Barr went up to Adams and put his helmet on Adams in a "macho" celebratory way. The penalty was completely warranted.
    That is what I saw. What I don't remember his how OOB the actual tackle on the ball got.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That is what I saw. What I don't remember his how OOB the actual tackle on the ball got.
    On replay, I thought they could have thrown a flag on the extra shove out of bounds. Run real-speed (as slow-motion either makes things look better or worse), it looks a lot more border line.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    dud- the turf?

dud- why does troy fucking aikmen have to cover every single one of our fucking games. no packer fan can stand the brain dead fuck, yet he's basically our very own team broadcaster
    Don't worry. We won't be the national game of the week for awhile. Troy is boning up on the Eagles roster atm.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

But they did it without their QB, RB1 or WR1

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    The whole training staff is a dud. Look i understand injuries happen but I watch a lot of games and announcers never go on and on about injuries the way they do for the packers game after game. At this point I'd rather have the strength and conditioning staff be led by Richard Simmons.
    BRING BLACK JACK LELANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They had 2 or 3 weeks to prep a game plan for the backup. I bet Keenum actually saw some practice snaps too.

C'mon, give the offense a week to adjust.

I don't know how to feel about the defense. Despite all the carnage, they kept it close and got the ball back. Hell, they manufactured the offenses second score.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

BRING BLACK JACK LELANE!!!
    You don't need a gym or fancy equipment, just use your kitchen chair.

Don't worry. We won't be the national game of the week for awhile. Troy is boning up on the Eagles roster atm.
    the 'boning up' part is probably true.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    the 'boning up' part is probably true.
    Being an ex-Cowboy, is this like a grudge jerk for old Troy?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Being an ex-Cowboy, is this like a grudge jerk for old Troy?
    I've heard he is pervasive.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/17/...curated-week-7

FROM SBNATION: NFL POWER RANKINGS

NFL power rankings 2017: Tracking where teams are entering Week 7

The Chiefs are no longer undefeated, but they are still the top team.

By Jon Benne@LordBenne Oct 17, 2017, 1:13pm EDT

I'm feeling sorry but here's your Reality Check and where noted NFL Sites have the Green Bay Packers Ranked Vs our Rival Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings have moved past the Green Bay Packers too Week Seven of the NFL Schedule.

It is what it really is ! I'm feeling sorry for you and your fan.....ness. That has to be tough !

The Viking are 'in fact' ahead of the Packers and THE NFL POWER RANKING and that's the case across the entire board on NFL.Com and ESPN and CBS and Yahoo Internet Pro Sports Sites.

GO PACK GO !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

They did it because of their defense. If we had their defense the loss of #12 wouldn't be so devastating.

They did it because of their defense. If we had their defense the loss of #12 wouldn't be so devastating.
    Then you evidently agree with wist43.

Until TT and the Defensive expertise on the Green Bay Packers Staff can draft on 'D' the Green Bay Packers and Super Bowl is in all probability a mere illusion. Great NFL Teams have great 'D's'.

It's a hand and hand thing:

A great QB and 'O' also needs 'at least a decent 'D'.

The Packers do not have a decent 'D'. That is particularly the case and Pass Rush now and in the Packer Secondary.

The Green Bay Packers need a whole different direction and Drafting for the next five Seasons. For the past five Seasons Ted Thompson and his Scouting Team and the DC etc. have blown it and getting the help that Aaron Rodgers and the Packer 'O' has needed on DEFENSE.

What's the answer Pugger if it isn't a prayer that TT steps away?