Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick

Kaepernick

nope, this has nothing to do with us maybe signing him

in fact, he might have made it so no team will ever sign him now

he went full on nuclear on the nfl today

he and his lawyers filed a collusion grievance against the nfl today, basically saying the whole nfl is banding together to blackball him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-against-nfl/

no biggie, right?

wrong

if they can somehow prove their case that the nfl colluded, then because of some obscure rule in the CBA, the CBA invalidated

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-grievance/

this would cause massive chaos and in the long run cost the owners tons and tons of money

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    nope, this has nothing to do with us maybe signing him

in fact, he might have made it so no team will ever sign him now

he went full on nuclear on the nfl today

he and his lawyers filed a collusion grievance against the nfl today, basically saying the whole nfl is banding together to blackball him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-against-nfl/

no biggie, right?

wrong

if they can somehow prove their case that the nfl colluded, then because of some obscure rule in the CBA, the CBA invalidated

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-grievance/

this would cause massive chaos and in the long run cost the owners tons and tons of money

Good luck proving that....

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I wish him 'Good Luck'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Ya, it's a steep hill to climb. Each team independently determining that they do not want the controversy he represents is not collusion. Half the teams can claim they have an established starter or a young QB they see as their future, and therefore have no need for Kaepernick.

Players might want the right to express their opinions however they want, but the flip side is that they have no right to an NFL job, even if arguably they are better than someone who has an NFL job.

I suspect this is a ploy to get the NFL to blink and pay him off, or "encourage" a team to give him a job and make the issue go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ya, it's a steep hill to climb. Each team independently determining that they do not want the controversy he represents is not collusion. Half the teams can claim they have an established starter or a young QB they see as their future, and therefore have no need for Kaepernick.

Players might want the right to express their opinions however they want, but the flip side is that they have no right to an NFL job, even if arguably they are better than someone who has an NFL job.

I suspect this is a ploy to get the NFL to blink and pay him off, or "encourage" a team to give him a job and make the issue go away.
    Well reasoned and well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

I think he's seriously pissed and his Lawyers are setting up for a good fight.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Didn't he turn down an offer from SF but wasn't pleased with the numbers?

On the flip side, if the Packers sign him, does that invalidate the lawsuit?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Of course they are colluding. I bet if you dig, there's a paper trail too since most of these old fogies aren't tech savvy. Does anyone really think they're not?? C'mon, dude has a good arm, great size, etc. He has everything you look for as a QB. Worst case - if he had a clean rap sheet, everyone would want him as a project as you saw what Harbaugh could get out of him. He has a rocket arm. Way better than the two noodles chuckers we saw in Minne today.

I find it very hard to believe that all owners independently drew the conclusion to not sign a prospect like him, even with the baggage, when you have owners willing to sign a Tyreke Hill for example. What's a worse offense?

But personally, as far as collusion goes, who cares? It's their league, they have a right to employ who they wish. If it's bad for business to employ Kaep, then by all means don't. The NFL knows who pays their bills and they don't want to piss them off. That's their prerogative as far as I'm concerned. Kaep knew what he was doing, and he did it anyway. He's the rare athlete to practice what he preaches. Now he lays in the bed he made. I'm cool with this and he should be too. That's economics 101.

The scuttlebutt is the NFL PA was tipped off that there is a paper trail so they filed this. If they win, they can void the CBA immediately apparently. This is something I saw online so I have no idea if it's accurate or not but seems plausible.

Brett Favre when he heard Aaron Rodgers could be out for the year

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=I4nyaL8qmK0

Just thought I'd drop this here...people forget Kaep starting out by sitting until he got a letter from a Vet and took the time out to talk to him. After their meeting the Veteran came up with an idea for Kaep to get his message across without showing disrespect to those who have lost their lives. So the whole kneeling idea came from a Vet...what do you know?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=I4nyaL8qmK0

Just thought I'd drop this here...people forget Kaep starting out by sitting until he got a letter from a Vet and took the time out to talk to him. After their meeting the Veteran came up with an idea for Kaep to get his message across without showing disrespect to those who have lost their lives. So the whole kneeling idea came from a Vet...what do you know?
    So what? He can stand on his head for all I care. I simply disagree with his premise: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

About the collusion: I bet if they dig deep enough, they will find a trail of plotting that leads back to wiring up Building 7 for detonation. And Jerry Jones was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.

My brother and I used to collude on wanting ice cream for dessert too.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I simply disagree with his premise: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"
    Damn, that white privilege sure does sound nice.

If Kaepernick was a good enough player, he woulda been signed by some needy team - hell, the Niners supposedly tried but he had an over-inflated idea of his worth and set his price tag too high.

Racism was fading fast; We were progressing nicely toward the "colorblind society" that Martin Luther King talked about. Poverty among black people is mostly a thing of the past (if anybody drove across the old south 40 or so years ago, they saw real poverty, but it ain't even remotely like that anymore). The only real trouble spots are a few parts (not even all) of big city ghettos, and that is mostly behavior-related - gangs, drugs, black on black crime, etc.

If there has been a resurgence of racism, ask yourself why and who's to blame? The answer is leftists - both black and white - stirring up trouble and trying to drag down America. God damned Obama is responsible for a good deal of that, encouraging divisiveness, etc. - probably in large part to deflect from the fact that his own policies hurt black people - same as they hurt white people and everybody else. Playing the bogus race card was their way of trying to retain that 90%+ vote rate - keeping black voters "down on the leftist plantation" - voting not only for leftist black candidates, but leftist white candidates too, even though those leftists then turn around and stab black people in the back on the favorite issues of the left. How many decent normal black people - the great majority of black people - favor crap like abortion, the homosexual agenda, anti-Christian/anti-American positions of all kinds? The black people I know, with very very few exceptions, oppose that leftist shit, just like decent normal white people.

The bottom line with all this kneeling and whining and protesting and whatever is what do average black people around the country think about it all? Do they get all paranoid and make claims about discrimination or racism or whatever? From my limited observation, I'd say no. The same leftists, white and black, who are hijacking black votes are pulling the strings of people like Kaepernick. Are black people really oppressed? The answer is only if they pull crap like Kaepernick.

Sorry to post politics outside of FYI, but I didn't start discussing this crap here.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Kaepernick had decided to opt out of his deal with San Fran when it was clear Chip Kelly didn't want to start him. There was not an offer from them to return after that.

The idea that Blake Bortles, Josh McCown or Jay Cutler offer a better chance to win is just ridiculous. I would also doubt Case Keenum here if he hadn't just helped hand the Packer's head to him.

He isn't going to win this, but discovery with emails from teams and the League could make it interesting if someone was dumb enough to put their two cents down on paper.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-16-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Damn, that white privilege sure does sound nice.
    What does it feel like being a slave to Leftmedia?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Kaepernick had decided to opt out of his deal with San Fran when it was clear Chip Kelly didn't want to start him. There was not an offer from them to return after that.

The idea that Blake Bortles, Josh McCown or Jay Cutler offer a better chance to win is just ridiculous. I would also doubt Case Keenum here if he hadn't just helped hand the Packer's head to him.

He isn't going to win this, but discovery with emails from teams and the League could make it interesting if someone was dumb enough to put their two cents down on paper.
    It depends on how you structure your offense. If you don't want or can't run some read option Kap's value goes down.

Kaps recent problems are due to the systemic oppression of his receivers with his poor accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It depends on how you structure your offense. If you don't want or can't run some read option Kap's value goes down.

Kaps recent problems are due to the systemic oppression of his receivers with his poor accuracy.
    He had ridiculous numbers from the pocket in Kelly's offense and that was running the same five Kelly plays over and over. They were shorter throws, but he has enough arm you could do something conventional with your offense with him.

It would be a slightly larger adjustment than McCarthy is going to make with Hundley. Probably along the lines of going from Bridgewater to Bradford to Keenum.

But even if you had to go read option, it would give you a chance to win. Unlike Jay Cutler or a McCown brother.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

With all the talking heads talking about GB's QB options, the thing I keep going back to is "How well would they know the offense?" And Troy touched on that question a bit during the broadcast.

Hundley is probably the best option for Green Bay right now. He knows the offense. M3 knows him and his abilities. He is the easiest player to plug in and play without disrupting the entire team. Callahan is also in his second year in the system. Not a starter by any means, but could make the calls in a pinch. If Hundley goes down, they need a different guy though.

Another QB that comes in will either be on a learning curve (and then arguable whether he performs better than a QB who knows the system inside and out who many are high on) or will have a new system designed for him which will disrupt the entire offense. Either way, a learning curve with a QB from outside the system will take several weeks before it starts looking like an offense.

On the other hand, with Hundley, even with the changes they (should) make to fit his strengths, they have an offense that should look like an NFL offense this week. The key word being should.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.