Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Rodgers

CutlerquitRat HOFer

Aaron Rodgers

Ok so our Oline finally broke him, if he has surgery is it an 8 week recovery or is there no chance this season unless BH vastly improved or Romo rides to the rescue?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Ok so our Oline finally broke him, if he has surgery is it an 8 week recovery or is there no chance this season unless BH vastly improved or Romo rides to the rescue?
    He is having surgery so its out for the year more than likely.

Play Hundley. Forget Romo.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I thought surgery healed it faster?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Radio today said with Surgery, it is likely 6-10 weeks before any movement is allowed on the arm, then therapy starts from there. Doctor on radio said even if 6 weeks is what he does, you're looking at another 3-5 weeks before he's even allowed back to the practice field. Best case he's back for Wild Card weekend. But, what it does is get him prepared and stronger faster for next year.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Radio today said with Surgery, it is likely 6-10 weeks before any movement is allowed on the arm, then therapy starts from there. Doctor on radio said even if 6 weeks is what he does, you're looking at another 3-5 weeks before he's even allowed back to the practice field. Best case he's back for Wild Card weekend. But, what it does is get him prepared and stronger faster for next year.
    Yep. Surgery can get you to rehab a little faster than natural healing. But then you haven't moved the right arm in 6-10 weeks. Longer rehab. Would be easier to shorten if it was his left shoulder and could use the right during healing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

yeah, the rehab is gonna be a bitch. hes looking at not moving that arm at all for a couple months

its gonna take time for the throwing arm to get anywhere close to where it needs to be

this is new bretts team for now. this is what he's been groomed for, the coach likes him, and the coch is suppose to be a QB guru according to many

so, we'll see. i do think the o-line will get him killed before the season is over. i mentioned it in preseason. our o-line only looks good when you have the wizard behind them. as soon as brett got back there and couldn't use his special powers to figure where to escape to, the line looked just as shitty as they actually are. and those were our good linemen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's still natural healing - the surgery is to put a plate in there to align the fracture, meaning it very likely was a total break, not a hairline deal like in 2013.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    as soon as brett got back there and couldn't use his special powers to figure where to escape to, the line looked just as shitty as they actually are. and those were our good linemen
    How many snaps did he have behind the intact starting O-line?

There was a pretty complicated dance that Rodgers and Bacteria mastered up and got used to. All that crap is gonna have to get refigured on the fly, possibly with backups to backups.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

also, after talking to a few old timers today, it sounds like someone needs to teach a-rod how to fall

sounds like the worst thing you can do in that situation is try and put your hand out to break the fall

other sports (hockey) teach you to never do that

also, after talking to a few old timers today, it sounds like someone needs to teach a-rod how to fall

sounds like the worst thing you can do in that situation is try and put your hand out to break the fall

Well he wasn't falling, he was being tackled/landed upon. Maybe he can't roll out of that. he tucks in the arm and maybe gets a separated shoulder. The collarbone break is an easier recovery, with better long-term prognosis, in terms of shoulder function and throwing motion.

He almost rolled out of the McClellin hit, he got it turned to his off shoulder but couldn't quite complete the roll before he hit the turf.

How did our Oline break him when Rodgers wasn't even in the pocket when he got hit??

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How did our Oline break him when Rodgers wasn't even in the pocket when he got hit??
    Previous hits weakened him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Previous hits weakened him?
    I suspect Aaron put his arm and elbow out to break his fall and that made the injury worse.

In skiing once you are going down you collapse the knees so you basically sit hard and then roll with it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    In skiing once you are going down you collapse the knees so you basically sit hard and then roll with it.
    how often is a 250 lb linebacker jumping on you when you ski on flat artificial turf?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Why the hell do you think he wasn't in the pocket? Actually, there probably never was a pocket - that's the usual situation.

Romo wouldn't last a half with our O Line - and I mean the starters, much less this replacement bunch.

Hundley is a decent QB, but his glaring weakness in the preseason was lack of instinct to avoid the pass rush. I think he's got the mobility, but he has to learn when to use it. I think he has a good arm too, but I'm worried McCarthy will get overly cautious and not unleash him.

As I said yesterday, this season is not down the drain, whether Rodgers comes back or not. It will be damn tough, though, thanks to the mediocre supporting talent Ted Thompson blessed us with.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

You didn't have to talk to old timers today, all you had to do was listen to this old timer in the game day thread yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That is often how collar bones are broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It was an easy call for me. I have seen numerous broken collar bones in hockey, including to one of my sons, caused the same way. As explained by an ortho to me, with an extended arm jammed the way it was, the force is transmitted to the collar bone, which can break quite easily.

The natives will be restless until ARod is placed on IR.

People of Packerland, your god is dead!

All Worship Hundley.

With the new rule about bringing people back from IR, there's no reason to wait. On the fairly slim (I guess) chance he can come back this season, it can be done.

Damn Right, worship Hundley - or at least hope, pray, and trust in him. He's clearly the best option, and Callahan is clearly the second best.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?