Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Rodgers

At this point in the season I don't want to see any other QB brought in. It reeks of desperation and rarely has any lasting benefits. You roll with Hundley and Callahan and figure out if either of them are worth hanging onto in the future. Decisions are going to have to be made about what to do with Hundley anyways so this is the perfect test. Hundley has 3 years in the system so this isn't like being forced to play a rookie or someone fresh off of the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You didn't have to talk to old timers today, all you had to do was listen to this old timer in the game day thread yesterday.
    oh don't worry, i was including you with the other old timers

i remember you saying that yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Ok so our Oline finally broke him, if he has surgery is it an 8 week recovery or is there no chance this season unless BH vastly improved or Romo rides to the rescue?
    There's no way a sensible Man like Tony Romo would come back to the NFL with his History of back problems and even imagine now that he could get it done behind our crippled OL and with the pathetic state of The Packer Defense.

This Season is very likely 'a Write Off '.

The excuses are already written.

TT and MM will be back doing the same Ole same Ole again next Season.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...ken-collarbone

Surgery could be the best option for Aaron Rodgers' broken collarbone

Rob Demovsky ... ESPN Staff Writer

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- " ... If Aaron Rodgers has surgery to repair his broken collarbone, it could help facilitate a return before this season is over.

While surgery would be far more invasive than just rest and recovery, it might be the best option for the Green Bay Packers quarterback.

“Actually, surgery would accelerate the recovery, not the other way around,” ESPN injury analyst Stephania Bell said. “You can begin moving much sooner because the fracture is stabilized by the hardware.” ..."

Good Luck Aaron.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Why the hell do you think he wasn't in the pocket? Actually, there probably never was a pocket - that's the usual situation.

Romo wouldn't last a half with our O Line - and I mean the starters, much less this replacement bunch.

Hundley is a decent QB, but his glaring weakness in the preseason was lack of instinct to avoid the pass rush. I think he's got the mobility, but he has to learn when to use it. I think he has a good arm too, but I'm worried McCarthy will get overly cautious and not unleash him.

As I said yesterday, this season is not down the drain, whether Rodgers comes back or not. It will be damn tough, though, thanks to the mediocre supporting talent Ted Thompson blessed us with.
    Rodgers often moves out of the pocket even when he has his starting OL in there.

I don't anticipate Rodgers returning to play this season. And I hope he doesn't. I say let him heal completely and come back in 2018 with a vengeance.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Would be interesting if BH goes 6-4 the 10 games and looks good. TT would be able to get a 1st and a 3rd for him then.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Would be interesting if BH goes 6-4 the 10 games and looks good. TT would be able to get a 1st and a 3rd for him then.
    And if Hundley bombs we are picking in the top 10 and high in subsequent rounds so this could be a win/win situation for us if we are looking for silver linings now that our season has gone to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    And if Hundley bombs we are picking in the top 10 and high in subsequent rounds so this could be a win/win situation for us if we are looking for silver linings now that our season has gone to hell.
    Who do you have winning the NFCN Pugger if the Packers season has gone to hell?

Why am I thinking you (may) respond Lions !?

We got outscored 16-10 with Hundley suddenly thrown in to play - against the Vikings at their place, despite bad officiating, despite bad shaky play calling by McCarthy, despite a miscue on the goal line by Montgomery. How many teams that we play the rest of the way are not as good as the Vikings at their place? I would say all but 2 or 3 at most.

Post #24 above is intriguing. Most of us assumed that surgery makes a return less likely; According to that ESPN expert, it makes a return more likely.

I say, it's a little too soon to talk about the season being down the drain.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    At this point in the season I don't want to see any other QB brought in. It reeks of desperation and rarely has any lasting benefits. You roll with Hundley and Callahan and figure out if either of them are worth hanging onto in the future. Decisions are going to have to be made about what to do with Hundley anyways so this is the perfect test. Hundley has 3 years in the system so this isn't like being forced to play a rookie or someone fresh off of the street.
    Exactly..I totally see it as you do.

I liked MM's response to Green Bay now and the rest of this Season minus Aaron Rodgers:

His response is really all too obviously 'the reality'. He has to be respected for any of his anger and any suggestion otherwise.

I understand the insult to MM and his development Program and time 3 and 2 Years spent on Arod's Backups.

No other Unsigned (wanna be NFL QB) would trump what he has worked so hard to develop under his STAR QB and arguably best player in the NFL.

GO PACKERS !

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    We got outscored 16-10 with Hundley suddenly thrown in to play - against the Vikings at their place, despite bad officiating, despite bad shaky play calling by McCarthy, despite a miscue on the goal line by Montgomery. How many teams that we play the rest of the way are not as good as the Vikings at their place? I would say all but 2 or 3 at most.

Post #24 above is intriguing. Most of us assumed that surgery makes a return less likely; According to that ESPN expert, it makes a return more likely.

You forgot the injuries. I mean the O-line and d-back situations were unreal.

People ought to give hRod Hundley at least one week as a starter before they soil their diapers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If Rodgers keeps getting injured, he's never gonna catch the win leaders

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Who do you have winning the NFCN Pugger if the Packers season has gone to hell?

Why am I thinking you (may) respond Lions !?
    Stafford is too inconsistent so MN might end up winning it because of their defense. But because their O is beat up I don't see them doing much in the post season should they win the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Stafford is too inconsistent so MN might end up winning it because of their defense. But because their O is beat up I don't see them doing much in the post season should they win the North.
    So for you it's PACKERS ALL...THE...WAY !!!!!!

For hardcore Packer fans, it's super bowl or the bottle. I get that, especially when team has a great QB in his prime.

I want to be entertained on Sunday afternoons. Hundley looks like he can be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    For hardcore Packer fans, it's super bowl or the bottle. I get that, especially when team has a great QB in his prime.

I want to be entertained on Sunday afternoons. Hundley looks like he can be competitive.
    Damn! I hope your right.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

Well, you'll get entertainment. Never knowing what's going to happen from here on out.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I'd be fine having Kap be Hundley's backup. I have no faith in Callahan or the offensive line in it's current state. I think someone else will pickup Kap and we'll end up with an untested, unproven nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I'd be fine having Kap be Hundley's backup. I have no faith in Callahan or the offensive line in it's current state. I think someone else will pickup Kap and we'll end up with an untested, unproven nobody.
    which is fine. it's all about the draft now.