Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Rodgers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think if Rodgers had not gotten hurt, they would be 10-3 right now and right in the hunt for best record in the NFC. The cornerback situation would be an issue, but they would be a team others couldn't take lightly.
    I had them at 10-3 as well. Losses at ATL, MN, Pittsburgh. Figured they lose at Carolina and win MN and at Det.

Maybe they would even be 11-2 because of Pitt, but unsure.

Still, why the hell give up now? At least wait until after Carolina...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    This is important. One thing the Rodgers-less offense has done is found that they have a couple of great young RBs, at least one of whom can catch.
    True, but I doubt stubby utilizes them if he has Rodgers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    True, but I doubt stubby utilizes them if he has Rodgers back.
    Valid point.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

They say 80% healed is suitable to play. Assuming it's true that Rodgers wants to play, PLAY HIM!

I've been a big supporter of Hundley, but the fact is, the game at Carolina is probably the toughest of the three, and it's unlikely we could win it without Aaron Rodgers. If we lose at Carolina with him, then sit him out.

What's the worst case? Back to square one with a re-break. He then still should be completely healed by next season.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It's hard to take this seriously. Packers were 4-1 with Rodgers. They nearly beat Pittsburgh without him. I get the accumulated injury deal, but that's a problem for everyone. Just ask Philly. You never know what's going to happen. Maybe with Rodgers back, and with a two-headed running game, the Packers could dominate TOP against other teams and protect their defensive-back depleted defense and be totally competitive. If Rodgers is healthy, who knows - maybe he gets as blistering hot as in 2010 and they run a team off the field when they weren't supposed to and it propels them to Championship. Careers are limited, you never want to miss an opportunity, no matter how improbable.
    That's the little glimmer of hope that clicks with me. I've always heard that an O-Line prefers run blocking and that it really helps when the D doesn't know exactly what you're going to do. Keeps them off balance and easier to handle.

Who here thinks Rodgers can step on the field Sunday and play at the same level he was at before being carted off the field?

I like you, you've got spirit. I'd like to share an incredible opportunity with you. I'm selling gold commemorative packer coins, have only a few left. Send me a private message and I'll share the opportunity with fellow good people.

You guys are hilarious. If he's healthy enough - he can and should play. Anytime you have a shot at a post season with aaron - you grasp at it like a fat kid on birthday cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Who here thinks Rodgers can step on the field Sunday and play at the same level he was at before being carted off the field?

I like you, you've got spirit. I'd like to share an incredible opportunity with you. I'm selling gold commemorative packer coins, have only a few left. Send me a private message and I'll share the opportunity with fellow good people.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    No matter what I want as a fan, if Arod plays Sunday, he's got some guts. Carolina is leading the league in sacks and QB hits I think. And with our O-line?

I wonder if the Panthers will take that shot at him if they can, or if they'll back off when they can out of respect?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    No matter what I want as a fan, if Arod plays Sunday, he's got some guts. Carolina is leading the league in sacks and QB hits I think. And with our O-line?

I wonder if the Panthers will take that shot at him if they can, or if they'll back off when they can out of respect?
    WWPD?*

*What would Peppers do? He still owes him for that Chicago loss!

I like the long version.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I like the long version.

People really film themselves watching football games, eh? I'm especially surprised by the Bears fans. They must really want to know what heartbreak looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Bringing him back really makes no sense. This team is pathetically terrible, they aren't a championship team.
    So the two available options are pathetically terrible and championship level. Fuck gray am I right? All black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

I think he can - actually probably higher now because of the RB situation.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I think he can - actually probably higher now because of the RB situation.
    You really think stubby is going to use those backs if he has rodgers on the field? They will get a bit behind, stubby will panic and call deep pass plays. Then the pathetic GB oline will get Rodgers hurt again. Now if they had even a mediocre defense and would actually stick to the running game. I think AR would be ok as they wouldn't be playing from behind.

aaronrodgers12It's been a long road from that day to this, but I'm happy to say I've been medically cleared to return. Thanks for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes over the past 8 weeks ❤️ and a big thank you to Dr McKenzie and our incredible training staff. #riseagain #
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    aaronrodgers12It's been a long road from that day to this, but I'm happy to say I've been medically cleared to return. Thanks for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes over the past 8 weeks ❤️ and a big thank you to Dr McKenzie and our incredible training staff. #riseagain #
    So I guess that makes it official?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    So I guess that makes it official?
    just because he's cleared medically don't mean they're gonna play him. The last thing they need is for him to freak out and end up with NE.

just because he's cleared medically don't mean they're gonna play him. The last thing they need is for him to freak out and end up with NE.
    He’s playing man.

Excellent News on a night when some Good was needed to outweigh bad.