Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Put up or Shut up

Put up or Shut up

I have defended TT and M3 often against the charge that they are lucky morons who landed Arod.

The truth is that now we get an answer. This isn't like last time where our backup plans fell apart in preseason and then our emergency plan fell apart in Seneca Wallace. Our backup has 3 camps in the system and is the guy they have groomed for this moment. They don't need to win out or even make the playoffs necessarily, but I think that going .500 the rest of the way is a reasonable expectation. The schedule from here is not that tough. If the organization is in good hands they win half the games from here. If not, maybe it is time to get Rodgers the coach and GM he deserves.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I provisionally agree with you. APHR. ha ha
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Absolutely agree.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I have defended TT and M3 often against the charge that they are lucky morons who landed Arod.

The truth is that now we get an answer. This isn't like last time where our backup plans fell apart in preseason and then our emergency plan fell apart in Seneca Wallace. Our backup has 3 camps in the system and is the guy they have groomed for this moment. They don't need to win out or even make the playoffs necessarily, but I think that going .500 the rest of the way is a reasonable expectation. The schedule from here is not that tough. If the organization is in good hands they win half the games from here. If not, maybe it is time to get Rodgers the coach and GM he deserves.
    This is why playing great defense should always be at the forefront... a constant.

Landing a franchise QB?? If you have the other pieces in place, then you're looking at championships.

Denver recently won a SB with a substandard Peyton Manning... they did it with defense. Seattle won their SB by riding their defense. Baltimore, Tampa, et al... None of those teams had a franchise QB.

We've had a franchise QB for the past 25 years - and we have 2 SB's to show for it. That's unacceptable in my view.

Unfortunately, the Packers have always been poor evaluators on the defensive side of the ball. Combine that with an over-the-hill fuddle-muddled dunderdummy like dunderdummy... and you have a decade of terrible results. Thank the football gods that the defense was able to hold it together for one season under dunderdummy, and we were able to steal a championship - but, for the most part, our organization is fundamentally flawed and there's no fixing it.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

Agree. Also, BH is in his contract year. Put up or shut up indeed.

I expect we'll see good things from Hundley, he has the talent.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Having great franchise QBs results in consistent high level of performance. Given that, it's difficult to accumulate top tier surrounding talent. Really only Belicheat has been able to keep the high level of performance and playoff success. Denver may be entering a similar stretch with the fine work of Elway (I barfed a bit after writing that), but Baltimore, Tampa, Seattle, Denver etc. etc. have all experienced dips low enough to garner top picks. Even the 49ers had to purchase their final championship with Steve Young before dropping into the abyss after 14 years of success. The difference is that the Packers squandered at least two legit chances at championships in '97 and '14. It happens. Marino and the Dolphins squandered them all then dropped into the abyss. Packers are, in part, victims of their own great consistent success.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hundley could play pretty well, and we will still lose a lot of games. The talent around him is not adequate, especially with all the injuries.

Hundley is the least of my worries. He knows the system. MM will game plan to his strengths. I think he would be fine and could win some games. He's not ARod, no one is. But, it's the lack of running game, a MASH unit of an O-line and the lack of a decent defense that hinder this team. With nothing to help him, he'll struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Hundley is the least of my worries. He knows the system. MM will game plan to his strengths. I think he would be fine and could win some games. He's not ARod, no one is. But, it's the lack of running game, a MASH unit of an O-line and the lack of a decent defense that hinder this team. With nothing to help him, he'll struggle.
    I think he'll play OK. I think the team results will not be very good. My guess is that we'll be 0-2 in the next 3 weeks. Saints have a good team as do the Lions and we're a MASH unit.

The knock on Hundley in the draft was that he misses reads and takes sacks. Well that seems pretty damn accurate as it's what he still does. If this team finishes at 8-8 I will be shocked. I have said before that TT and stubby are mediocre and get bailed out by AR.

Hundley will be fine.

The rest of the team though, might get him killed or behind by 30 in the second half.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

We'll be drafting in the top half of the draft... maybe this will be enough to expose the deficiencies on defense and we can get rid of Capers finally.
    wist

http://www.nfl.com/player/bretthundl...88/careerstats

Brett Hundley #7 QB...Green Bay Packers | Official Team Site ...Height: 6-3 Weight: 226 Age: 24
    Born: 6/15/1993 Phoenix , AZ ... College: UCLA ...Experience: 3rd season

NFL 2017-18 .... TDS 1 ... INT 3 ...YDS 157 ... QBR 40.9

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

This Season is very likely 'a Write Off '.

The excuses are already written.

TT and MM will be back doing the same Ole same Ole again next Season.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Lol we're down the top 5 tackles and a starting guard.. and that'd without even addressing the defense. There's not a team in the league that could overcome all that.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Lol we're down the top 5 tackles and a starting guard.. and that'd without even addressing the defense. There's not a team in the league that could overcome all that.
    It wouldn't matter. The line is terrible even when it's the starters. But keep making excuses for TT and stubby.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hundley will be fine.

The rest of the team though, might get him killed or behind by 30 in the second half.
    When he had time to throw the ball (being protected on the outsides by the fifth guard and the 7th guard--or 6th tackle depending on how you look at it), he did throw a very pretty ball. He had a couple spots where he missed the underneath guy or didn't lead his receiver too much, but we're spoiled by Rodgers there anyway.

Time to see how good the WRs really are.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It wouldn't matter. The line is terrible even when it's the starters. But keep making excuses for TT and stubby.
    News flash... it hasn't been the starters. I think you can get by without a stud ol but you need repetition. We've had a different starting 5 every game and have had linemen go down during the games as well. Tough to get any kind of consistency with all that going on.
    Go PACK

Saints - L 38-16

Not a ton of time to prepare, Saints had offensive burst against DET so expect more of the same.

Lions - L 35-17

MM is legit off the bye but DET too good. Stafford is much better than what's-his-face.

@Bears - L 24-21

John Fox is a great coach coaching for his job, he'll have his team ready to go here.

Ravens - W 21-17

John Harbaugh is the second best coach in the NFL but they just don't have it movin' right now. Is Flocco back yet?

@Steelers - L 35-13

Heinz field will be rockin'. Tough place, tough team.

Buccaneers - Coin flip

Could go either way. Bucs have some young talent and seem poised to get it going soonish.

@Browns - W 24-7

LOL. Da Browns got nothing but Joe Thomas.

@Panthers - L 38-16 If Kuchley is playing

Panthers are a different team with LK. If he's playing, they are a super bowl contender in NFC. If not, well, we all saw 2016.

Vikings - L 27-16

Vikes are the best team in the NFCN but Detroit has the better QB. Expect Vikes to win this game and drop close division to DET.

@Lions - L 35-16 Happy New Year

Stafford clinches the division and is the most beloved player in the league.

I've got 'em winning at most 3 more games. This is just spit balling off the top of my head. I'm wrong a lot so I'll probably be wrong here too.
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 10-17-2017 at 01:10 AM.