Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
Yup, I meant Lang. My point and I've made it before. When you have the crown jewels (Rodgers) you use the best damn safe money can buy to protect them. Plus you make sure there is a decent back up plan should that safe fail. Now granted no one could see the injuries coming. But putting faith in Bulaga and letting Lang walk were mistakes. IMO letting Tretter go was also a mistake. They want to let underperforming overpaid players go, they should have let Clay go.
Well, they didn't really put faith in Bulaga, they drafted Spriggs and Murphy. You can hold them accountable for that not working out, but not for the injuries.

I would say that Taylor was a fine replacement for Sitton - until the injury - not only was he playing well at guard, but he did a nice job out at tackle when they were down there.

Tretter is up and down for the Browns. They are not all that happy with his strength, even at center.

Lang got tackle money. I just don't think you spend money there with his injury history, but hell, what can I say when everyone is injured? The only guy who isn't is Lang's replacement!