Thread: Put up or Shut up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Saints - L 38-16

Not a ton of time to prepare, Saints had offensive burst against DET so expect more of the same.

Lions - L 35-17

MM is legit off the bye but DET too good. Stafford is much better than what's-his-face.

@Bears - L 24-21

John Fox is a great coach coaching for his job, he'll have his team ready to go here.

Ravens - W 21-17

John Harbaugh is the second best coach in the NFL but they just don't have it movin' right now. Is Flocco back yet?

@Steelers - L 35-13

Heinz field will be rockin'. Tough place, tough team.

Buccaneers - Coin flip

Could go either way. Bucs have some young talent and seem poised to get it going soonish.

@Browns - W 24-7

LOL. Da Browns got nothing but Joe Thomas.

@Panthers - L 38-16 If Kuchley is playing

Panthers are a different team with LK. If he's playing, they are a super bowl contender in NFC. If not, well, we all saw 2016.

Vikings - L 27-16

Vikes are the best team in the NFCN but Detroit has the better QB. Expect Vikes to win this game and drop close division to DET.

@Lions - L 35-16 Happy New Year

Stafford clinches the division and is the most beloved player in the league.

I've got 'em winning at most 3 more games. This is just spit balling off the top of my head. I'm wrong a lot so I'll probably be wrong here too.
    Shit, with Rodgers, the Packers would likely be favored in all of those games, and would have a good chance at getting a bye.

As far as judging MM during this stretch, a lot will depend on what Hundley shows. Does he protect the ball better? A 1:3 TD to Int ration will not cut it, even if the Packers had Seattle's defense. How often is Hundley on the wrong page with the receivers? Hundley has had 3 years prepping, so he should have a good idea as to what to key off of in opposing defenses, and what to expect that the receivers will do. Can Hundley recognize blitzes and throw the hot read accurately? He didn't do so well with it last week, will that improve this week. Hundley won't be at fault if the patch work OL doesn't give him any time, but MM better have plans to deal with it (quick hits, roll outs, counter-piches, screens, draws, and anything else to slow the rush down).

SI has a bit about this as well:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/aa...ackers-offense
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Shit, with Rodgers, the Packers would likely be favored in all of those games, and would have a good chance at getting a bye.

As far as judging MM during this stretch, a lot will depend on what Hundley shows. Does he protect the ball better? A 1:3 TD to Int ration will not cut it, even if the Packers had Seattle's defense. How often is Hundley on the wrong page with the receivers? Hundley has had 3 years prepping, so he should have a good idea as to what to key off of in opposing defenses, and what to expect that the receivers will do. Can Hundley recognize blitzes and throw the hot read accurately? He didn't do so well with it last week, will that improve this week. Hundley won't be at fault if the patch work OL doesn't give him any time, but MM better have plans to deal with it (quick hits, roll outs, counter-piches, screens, draws, and anything else to slow the rush down).

SI has a bit about this as well:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/aa...ackers-offense
    According to Vegas Stats show I was listening to yesterday, GB would have been favored by 6 to 6.5pts with Rodgers in lineup against Saints. They're now 4 to 6.5pt underdogs. No other player has this type of impact to a betting line, not even Brady.