Thread: Put up or Shut up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Having great franchise QBs results in consistent high level of performance. Given that, it's difficult to accumulate top tier surrounding talent. Really only Belicheat has been able to keep the high level of performance and playoff success. Denver may be entering a similar stretch with the fine work of Elway (I barfed a bit after writing that), but Baltimore, Tampa, Seattle, Denver etc. etc. have all experienced dips low enough to garner top picks. Even the 49ers had to purchase their final championship with Steve Young before dropping into the abyss after 14 years of success. The difference is that the Packers squandered at least two legit chances at championships in '97 and '14. It happens. Marino and the Dolphins squandered them all then dropped into the abyss. Packers are, in part, victims of their own great consistent success.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hundley is the least of my worries. He knows the system. MM will game plan to his strengths. I think he would be fine and could win some games. He's not ARod, no one is. But, it's the lack of running game, a MASH unit of an O-line and the lack of a decent defense that hinder this team. With nothing to help him, he'll struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Hundley is the least of my worries. He knows the system. MM will game plan to his strengths. I think he would be fine and could win some games. He's not ARod, no one is. But, it's the lack of running game, a MASH unit of an O-line and the lack of a decent defense that hinder this team. With nothing to help him, he'll struggle.
    I think he'll play OK. I think the team results will not be very good. My guess is that we'll be 0-2 in the next 3 weeks. Saints have a good team as do the Lions and we're a MASH unit.