Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Put up or Shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It wouldn't matter. The line is terrible even when it's the starters. But keep making excuses for TT and stubby.
    Bull. When healthy we have one of the top tackle tandems in the league. Last year our line was ranked in the top 10. Lane Taylor is a find guard and surprised me at tackle when Bahk went down (he ain't Lang but he ain't terrible either). Evans isn't what he once was but is is serviceable. I don't have a problem with the offense. The defense is another issue entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Hundley could play pretty well, and we will still lose a lot of games. The talent around him is not adequate, especially with all the injuries.
    We will certainly find out if that is true. Another possibility is that Hundley does NOT play well and that is on TT and MM as well. They have had 3 camps to decide he is capable as a backup. If he is not, its their fault for not recognizing that and bringing in a veteran.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Lol we're down the top 5 tackles and a starting guard.. and that'd without even addressing the defense. There's not a team in the league that could overcome all that.
    I agree the offense has excuses, but the defense does not. We have a ton of high picks on that side of the ball and we are relatively healthy. If they don't perform during this stretch then TT or Dom have to go.

It wouldn't matter. The line is terrible even when it's the starters. But keep making excuses for TT and stubby.
    Your problem is that ridiculous statements like this make you unbelievable on the rare occasion you make a good point. Really...starting your 7th best OL at LT and your 8th at LG doesn't matter?

Last year behind the healthy OL they were 20th in the league in rushing yards, but 8th in Y/A. When you have Rodgers at QB that is very acceptable. When your RB is a converted WR due to injuries its laudable.

Ur that guy that compares the packers to the team in the league that is #1 at each different thing and bitches that they aren't as good as that team. It reflects poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    When he had time to throw the ball (being protected on the outsides by the fifth guard and the 7th guard--or 6th tackle depending on how you look at it), he did throw a very pretty ball. He had a couple spots where he missed the underneath guy or didn't lead his receiver too much, but we're spoiled by Rodgers there anyway.

Time to see how good the WRs really are.
    The touch passes needed a little work. None of the screens were open. DL read them every time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I agree the offense has excuses, but the defense does not. We have a ton of high picks on that side of the ball and we are relatively healthy. If they don't perform during this stretch then TT or Dom have to go.
    No excuses, but they were missing their top two corners and safety.

And then there were more injuries. Safety is deep enough to cover it. Not sure CB is.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No excuses, but they were missing their top two corners and safety.

And then there were more injuries. Safety is deep enough to cover it. Not sure CB is.
    I still put that on TT and Dom though. Their next corners are the former 1 and 2 picks. There is a lot invested at CB for it to suck completely.

Put up good posts or shut up, please!

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Put up good posts or shut up, please!
    repped...just for bagging on rut in a creative way using the threads theme.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I still put that on TT and Dom though. Their next corners are the former 1 and 2 picks. There is a lot invested at CB for it to suck completely.
    I agree to a point, but even the #2 pick was injured coming into game.

However, they haven't progressed enough.

I am not in the ban Dom camp, but would you agree he isn't as good identifying young talent as the O coaches are?

McCarthy has missed, but he recognized Lang, Allison, Adams and others early. The entire Defense needs a second year jump like Clark and Lowry have taken.

I am not in the ban Dom camp, but would you agree he isn't as good identifying young talent as the O coaches are?

McCarthy has missed, but he recognized Lang, Allison, Adams and others early. The entire Defense needs a second year jump like Clark and Lowry have taken.
    ...and Martinez
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Saints - L 38-16

Not a ton of time to prepare, Saints had offensive burst against DET so expect more of the same.

Lions - L 35-17

MM is legit off the bye but DET too good. Stafford is much better than what's-his-face.

@Bears - L 24-21

John Fox is a great coach coaching for his job, he'll have his team ready to go here.

Ravens - W 21-17

John Harbaugh is the second best coach in the NFL but they just don't have it movin' right now. Is Flocco back yet?

@Steelers - L 35-13

Heinz field will be rockin'. Tough place, tough team.

Buccaneers - Coin flip

Could go either way. Bucs have some young talent and seem poised to get it going soonish.

@Browns - W 24-7

LOL. Da Browns got nothing but Joe Thomas.

@Panthers - L 38-16 If Kuchley is playing

Panthers are a different team with LK. If he's playing, they are a super bowl contender in NFC. If not, well, we all saw 2016.

Vikings - L 27-16

Vikes are the best team in the NFCN but Detroit has the better QB. Expect Vikes to win this game and drop close division to DET.

@Lions - L 35-16 Happy New Year

Stafford clinches the division and is the most beloved player in the league.

I've got 'em winning at most 3 more games. This is just spit balling off the top of my head. I'm wrong a lot so I'll probably be wrong here too.
    Shit, with Rodgers, the Packers would likely be favored in all of those games, and would have a good chance at getting a bye.

As far as judging MM during this stretch, a lot will depend on what Hundley shows. Does he protect the ball better? A 1:3 TD to Int ration will not cut it, even if the Packers had Seattle's defense. How often is Hundley on the wrong page with the receivers? Hundley has had 3 years prepping, so he should have a good idea as to what to key off of in opposing defenses, and what to expect that the receivers will do. Can Hundley recognize blitzes and throw the hot read accurately? He didn't do so well with it last week, will that improve this week. Hundley won't be at fault if the patch work OL doesn't give him any time, but MM better have plans to deal with it (quick hits, roll outs, counter-piches, screens, draws, and anything else to slow the rush down).

SI has a bit about this as well:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/aa...ackers-offense
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Shit, with Rodgers, the Packers would likely be favored in all of those games, and would have a good chance at getting a bye.

As far as judging MM during this stretch, a lot will depend on what Hundley shows. Does he protect the ball better? A 1:3 TD to Int ration will not cut it, even if the Packers had Seattle's defense. How often is Hundley on the wrong page with the receivers? Hundley has had 3 years prepping, so he should have a good idea as to what to key off of in opposing defenses, and what to expect that the receivers will do. Can Hundley recognize blitzes and throw the hot read accurately? He didn't do so well with it last week, will that improve this week. Hundley won't be at fault if the patch work OL doesn't give him any time, but MM better have plans to deal with it (quick hits, roll outs, counter-piches, screens, draws, and anything else to slow the rush down).

SI has a bit about this as well:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/aa...ackers-offense
    According to Vegas Stats show I was listening to yesterday, GB would have been favored by 6 to 6.5pts with Rodgers in lineup against Saints. They're now 4 to 6.5pt underdogs. No other player has this type of impact to a betting line, not even Brady.

That line has to be based on the huge falloff that was 2013. There is no guarantee that 2017 will be that bad. (Of course that doesn't necessarily mean it will be better, it could be even worse....) For me, a fan who remembers the great disappointment that was 2013 (remember McGinn's preeseason article about how the Packers were finally built to weather a storm?) it is hard to shake the feeling of impending doom that has settled over this team. If there is indeed a collapse then 2017 will have been a strong indictment of TT's drafting prowess. But I am holding out hope that they will be able to compete with an effective backup QB.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    If you go 6-4 the rest of the way TT turned a 5th round pick into a 1st and a 3rd.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Saints - L 38-16

Not a ton of time to prepare, Saints had offensive burst against DET so expect more of the same.

Lions - L 35-17

MM is legit off the bye but DET too good. Stafford is much better than what's-his-face.

@Bears - L 24-21

John Fox is a great coach coaching for his job, he'll have his team ready to go here.

Ravens - W 21-17

John Harbaugh is the second best coach in the NFL but they just don't have it movin' right now. Is Flocco back yet?

@Steelers - L 35-13

Heinz field will be rockin'. Tough place, tough team.

Buccaneers - Coin flip

Could go either way. Bucs have some young talent and seem poised to get it going soonish.

@Browns - W 24-7

LOL. Da Browns got nothing but Joe Thomas.

@Panthers - L 38-16 If Kuchley is playing

Panthers are a different team with LK. If he's playing, they are a super bowl contender in NFC. If not, well, we all saw 2016.

Vikings - L 27-16

Vikes are the best team in the NFCN but Detroit has the better QB. Expect Vikes to win this game and drop close division to DET.

@Lions - L 35-16 Happy New Year

Stafford clinches the division and is the most beloved player in the league.

I've got 'em winning at most 3 more games. This is just spit balling off the top of my head. I'm wrong a lot so I'll probably be wrong here too.
    You have it at Season's end: 6-9 and a Coin Toss for another 'W'

If your correct it's going to be really ugly.

I think it will be interesting as it now stands and which Rival the Vikings or the Lions win the NFCN and that means the Packers are actually in Free Fall.

What if...... Packer Nation prayers are answered and Brett Hundley plays well and the Packers somehow muster a RALLY and successful effort !? I have some hope.

The way this Season is going just what isn't possible. It's not in my experience ever been much wilder. I can write this with assurance of being correct. The NFL and predicting anything is very difficult and being successful. This Season anything might happen.

Looking at the NFL Power Rankings:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/17/...curated-week-7

Could anyone imagine a Super Bowl Game and Kansas City Vs Philadelphia?

In the posted NFL Power Rankings ( released today Tues. 17 Oct. 2017) the Minnesota Vikings are on top of the Green Bay Packers and The Detroit Lions across the board ...NFL.Com, ESPN, CBS and Yahoo all see the Vikings on top of it's NFCN Rivals . The Vikings avg. Ranking is about 8th....The Packers and Lions about 12th.

The Chicago Bears avg. about in the 25th slot.

I'll be watching this separation as the Season progresses to it's conclusion.

So right now and in summary the Vikings have a hold on the higher slot than the Packers and Lions 8th to 12th. The Bears are slotted 25th.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-17-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    ...and Martinez
    Good point. Also I meant Lane Taylor, not Lang, though M3 seemed to like Lang a lot, even at Tackle.

If the starting O-line is missing all four tackles who were on the 53 man roster that started the season, and the next best alternative after those four, the offense will be severely compromised, especially if the starting LG is the #4 guard.

If the starting corners plus another from the original 53 are on the sidelines, the defense will suffer.

If the most versatile DB around whom the defense was conceived is not playing, much is lost.

When two or three of the above are combined in a single game, winning would be difficult even with Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If the starting O-line is missing all four tackles who were on the 53 man roster that started the season, and the next best alternative after those four, the offense will be severely compromised, especially if the starting LG is the #4 guard.

If the starting corners plus another from the original 53 are on the sidelines, the defense will suffer.

If the most versatile DB around whom the defense was conceived is not playing, much is lost.

When two or three of the above are combined in a single game, winning would be difficult even with Rodgers.
    Shhh. Don't spoil the narrative that this is M3's only chance to prove he's capable without Rodgers and mitigating circumstances be damned.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Its hard for me to decide between GM and coach. Coaching matters and the position a young man is drafted into matters a lot. If you were the #1 pick QB would you want to be drafted into a team coached by Rex Ryan?

Likewise, if you are a stud pass rushing LB would you want to be drafted into a 4-3?

A stud WR drafted by the Vikings, or any team with turmoil at QB?