Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Put up or Shut up

Right now I tend to put the CB mess a bit more on TT. He drafted two athletes instead of football players. It works with UDFA who you have time to develop. 1st and 2nd rounders shouldn't need to undergo that much of a learning curve.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Bull. When healthy we have one of the top tackle tandems in the league. Last year our line was ranked in the top 10. Lane Taylor is a find guard and surprised me at tackle when Bahk went down (he ain't Lang but he ain't terrible either). Evans isn't what he once was but is is serviceable. I don't have a problem with the offense. The defense is another issue entirely...
    I don't think they were top 10 last year in actual football production. Rodgers was hit and sacked more than a lot of other QB's and that was with Sitton yet. TT has screwed with the continuity of the line every few years and it shows. But yeah he's great.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I don't think they were top 10 last year in actual football production. Rodgers was hit and sacked more than a lot of other QB's and that was with Sitton yet. TT has screwed with the continuity of the line every few years and it shows. But yeah he's great.
    I think last year they were tops. The year before they were just OK. Sitton was beat up.

Look around the league. It's not that common for a line to stay the same year over year. Even Dallas' vaunted line had I think two positions change from last year to this year.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Sitton wasn't around last year. He was cut at the last minute and taylor replaced him.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Sitton wasn't around last year. He was cut at the last minute and taylor replaced him.
    Yup, I meant Lang. My point and I've made it before. When you have the crown jewels (Rodgers) you use the best damn safe money can buy to protect them. Plus you make sure there is a decent back up plan should that safe fail. Now granted no one could see the injuries coming. But putting faith in Bulaga and letting Lang walk were mistakes. IMO letting Tretter go was also a mistake. They want to let underperforming overpaid players go, they should have let Clay go.
    Last edited by Rutnstrut; 10-18-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Yup, I meant Lang. My point and I've made it before. When you have the crown jewels (Rodgers) you use the best damn safe money can buy to protect them. Plus you make sure there is a decent back up plan should that safe fail. Now granted no one could see the injuries coming. But putting faith in Bulaga and letting Lang walk were mistakes. IMO letting Tretter go was also a mistake. They want to let underperforming overpaid players go, they should have let Clay go.
    Well, they didn't really put faith in Bulaga, they drafted Spriggs and Murphy. You can hold them accountable for that not working out, but not for the injuries.

I would say that Taylor was a fine replacement for Sitton - until the injury - not only was he playing well at guard, but he did a nice job out at tackle when they were down there.

Tretter is up and down for the Browns. They are not all that happy with his strength, even at center.

Lang got tackle money. I just don't think you spend money there with his injury history, but hell, what can I say when everyone is injured? The only guy who isn't is Lang's replacement!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

T.J. Lang was blocking well yet getting penalized (arguably too much) and not particularly pleased with his start with the Lions and then.... this:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._back_inj.html
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-19-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    T.J. Lang was blocking well yet getting penalized (arguably too much) and not particularly pleased with his start with the Lions and then.... this:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._back_inj.html
    Did this back issue start while he was playing for us? If so I can see why Ted and company declined to match the offer Lang received from Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Shhh. Don't spoil the narrative that this is M3's only chance to prove he's capable without Rodgers and mitigating circumstances be damned.
    You can take in all the mitigating factors. I didn't say it was his only chance, I said it was finally a chance to see.

I thought Stubby coaching Favre was his chance to prove he was capable without Rodgers.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I suspect Arod's injury will affect our chances to win.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You can take in all the mitigating factors. I didn't say it was his only chance, I said it was finally a chance to see.
    I agree with you. I was thinking in general about all the hubbub around the interwebs about this. Most people aren't being even handed.
    Last edited by Smidgeon; 10-20-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    No, if Hundley plays really well, they'll just say MM lucked into another great QB. After all Brady was a 5th round pick as well.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    No, if Hundley plays really well, they'll just say MM lucked into another great QB. After all Brady was a 5th round pick as well.
    Any idiot could have drafted Hundley in Round 5! He fell into their lap!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Did this back issue start while he was playing for us? If so I can see why Ted and company declined to match the offer Lang received from Detroit.
    Yes it did.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Any idiot could have drafted Hundley in Round 5! He fell into their lap!
    Sort of like Arod.

BTW, am I the only one who notes the strong facial resemblance between Rodgers and Alex Smith. Shit, they look like twins to me.

Do they both have metallic, mint-green Buick Skylarks?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Sort of like Arod.

BTW, am I the only one who notes the strong facial resemblance between Rodgers and Alex Smith. Shit, they look like twins to me.
    I've always thought they bear an uncanny resemblance to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I know what you are trying to say but Brady was taken in the 6th if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I thought Stubby coaching Favre was his chance to prove he was capable without Rodgers.
    Nope. Living off the awesome success that was mike sherman.