Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Put up or Shut up

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    The Packers could lose out and there is a 0% chance MM is not the coach next year and TT isn't the GM if he wants to be. Capers... now that's another story and he would almost certainly be let go.
    I don't know. The colts lost Peyton and got the #1 pick and the entire regime was fired.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Did this back issue start while he was playing for us? If so I can see why Ted and company declined to match the offer Lang received from Detroit.
    The NFL is 'Business Driven' above all else. The Packer BRASS know certainly that whatever they march out on the field will Sell Out Lambeau Field. As a result of Fan response how much can really be expected to change? NOT TOO MUCH !

Next year we will see TT doing what he tries again to do best and Draft a new Draft Class for the 2018-19 Season. Mike McCarthy will be telling us just how pleased he is with his Roster. Packer Nation will be Packer Nation.

It's as OUR WORLD and The Green Bay Packers Turns. Ohh Dear !

Onto T.J Lang:

T.J. Lang loved being a Green Bay Packer' and TT allowed him to get out there and get a better deal for himself than TT was willing to pay.

Lang hit the GOLD Pot for himself. End of story.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Funny, just had lunch with 1 of the Packers front office staff CPAs, he said there is nothing else the Packers can do with their profits but reinvest in the facilities and the team. The can’t declare a dividend and payout their cash. They don’t have an owner that draws a salary and takes a distribution. So the stupid notion that the Packers don’t care as long as the stadium is full is complete bs.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    He also said most of the players were feeling better after the bye week. I made a joke about Spriggs coming back and he said they still haven’t decided on who if anyone would be released to make room for him.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Funny, just had lunch with 1 of the Packers front office staff CPAs, he said there is nothing else the Packers can do with their profits but reinvest in the facilities and the team. The can’t declare a dividend and payout their cash. They don’t have an owner that draws a salary and takes a distribution. So the stupid notion that the Packers don’t care as long as the stadium is full is complete bs.
    Doesn't Mark Murphy draw a salary?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Doesn't Mark Murphy draw a salary?
    Yes, all the executives get a salary and the BOD gets paid for being on the board. I am sure he gets paid a lot less than the owner/executives and he doesn't get to take a distribution of the profits.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I was talking to Paul Baniel, VP of Financial & Administration.

Really, nice guy.

I said the one thing I would love as a ticket holder is 4 more inches for my seat. I said I knew they could never do it. Paul said he has tickets at the end of a row and he is lucky to have 1 butt cheek on the bleachers during the cold games.

Then another guy at our table said the Packers should put seats in instead of bleachers. Paul just laughed. He said when the Packers put the south endzone addition on it was briefly looked at. They would have lost more than 10,000 seats.

-Tim Harmston

Really, nice guy.

I said the one thing I would love as a ticket holder is 4 more inches for my seat. I said I knew they could never do it. Paul said he has tickets at the end of a row and he is lucky to have 1 butt cheek on the bleachers during the cold games.

Then another guy at our table said the Packers should put seats in instead of bleachers. Paul just laughed. He said when the Packers put the south endzone addition on it was briefly looked at. They would have lost more than 10,000 seats.
    Wow...thanks for sharing. Nice peek at the inner workings.

Really, nice guy.

Mucho $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Really, nice guy.

I would volunteer to host another ticket holder on my lap in exchange for a seat.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would volunteer to host another ticket holder on my lap in exchange for a seat.
    PBMax imagination:

Reality:
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Insist then that he/she doesn't wear any strong cologne.

I would say the verdict is in on this dumpster fire. MM was ill prepared with his hand trained backup QB. I can't recall who our punt returner is anymore. The only 3rd down stop we had all day our best defensive player headbutted someone. And this was all after a bye week.

I do believe that the collective bargaining rule changes have hurt team stubby. Draft and develop is much harder and teams around the NFL are putting forth shit products (except the eagles). Also if this doesn't do Dom Capers in, mail in next year too.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Mike McCarthy gives max credit for the Lions win last night to their success on 3rd downs differential.

He said words to this effect ' looking at it Stafford threw the heck out of the ball '.

An honest or more forthright Head Coach might have simply said 'we simply stunk out there that Packer team looked bad onbothsides of the ball '.

It sure appears to me that we're stuck with both TT and MM and likely because 'it's just one Big Family' Dom Capers too.

Read this 'loud and clear':

Brett Hundley is not an NFL quality QB.

If Colin Kapernick is being Black Balled we are about to find out as either the Texans or the GREEN BAY Packers should logically sign him like today. Ted Thompson will get another fail if he doesn't do something and QB today because right now he doesn't have an NFL QB that is capable of winning unless all the Packer WR's get on board and trying to catch not much more than a 30 yard pass. Brett Hundley looks really bad, really rattled. He's not a decent QB with the temperment I see.

Ted Thompson sign Colin Kapernick today or do something else
    that's more positive and another obvious miss and drafting Bret Hundley. What were you thinking TT given how he played the position in College; a miracle !?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I would say the verdict is in on this dumpster fire. MM was ill prepared with his hand trained backup QB. I can't recall who our punt returner is anymore. The only 3rd down stop we had all day our best defensive player headbutted someone. And this was all after a bye week.

I do believe that the collective bargaining rule changes have hurt team stubby. Draft and develop is much harder and teams around the NFL are putting forth shit products (except the eagles). Also if this doesn't do Dom Capers in, mail in next year too.
    I say fire Dom now. Shake it up a little; that performance, given the relative health of the defense and the bye week, was inexcusable. You can't change the whole scheme, but you can change some of the calls and the emphasis.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    If Colin Kapernick is being Black Balled we are about to find out as either the Texans or the GREEN BAY Packers should logically sign him like[B] today.
    He would at least get a tryout.

I think everybody can see that Kap is being shunned becuz he is perceived as toxic. He did enough good as an NFL starter that somebody would want to try to fix his shortcomings. Perhaps some coach who fashions himself a QB whisperer would jump on the potential there. Kap comes cheap.

We are stuck with the 3 stooges. I have been saying for years that the Packers org is happy with the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    He would at least get a tryout.

I think everybody can see that Kap is being shunned becuz he is perceived as toxic. He did enough good as an NFL starter that somebody would want to try to fix his shortcomings. Perhaps some coach who fashions himself a QB whisperer would jump on the potential there. Kap comes cheap.
    Is Ted Thompson 'too fricken White' to not realize he must do something at QB now?

Is Ted Thompson simply going to enjoy seeing the Packers TANK for a higher Draft Pick?

Packer Nation cries out !

I'm not sure they're going to win another game. This was my initial SWAG after the injury. Baltimore is getting healthy again I think, and Cleveland might just be able to beat us, lol.

Capers won't be back IMO.

Saints - L 38-16

Not a ton of time to prepare, Saints had offensive burst against DET so expect more of the same.

Lions - L 35-17

MM is legit off the bye but DET too good. Stafford is much better than what's-his-face.

@Bears - L 24-21

John Fox is a great coach coaching for his job, he'll have his team ready to go here.

Ravens - W 21-17

John Harbaugh is the second best coach in the NFL but they just don't have it movin' right now. Is Flocco back yet?

@Steelers - L 35-13

Heinz field will be rockin'. Tough place, tough team.

Buccaneers - Coin flip

Could go either way. Bucs have some young talent and seem poised to get it going soonish.

@Browns - W 24-7

LOL. Da Browns got nothing but Joe Thomas.

@Panthers - L 38-16 If Kuchley is playing

Panthers are a different team with LK. If he's playing, they are a super bowl contender in NFC. If not, well, we all saw 2016.

Vikings - L 27-16

Vikes are the best team in the NFCN but Detroit has the better QB. Expect Vikes to win this game and drop close division to DET.

@Lions - L 35-16 Happy New Year

Stafford clinches the division and is the most beloved player in the league.

I've got 'em winning at most 3 more games. This is just spit balling off the top of my head. I'm wrong a lot so I'll probably be wrong here too.