Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Put up or Shut up

http://www.12up.com/posts/5775182-mi...te?a_aid=36476

Mike McCarthy May Have Put Himself on Hot Seat With Postgame Quote

BY: Dan O'Shea .....07 NOV 2017

Ryan Wood ✔@ByRyanWood
    Mike McCarthy: "Brett Hundley played better today. I have great faith in Brett Hundley. Brett Hundley is not our issue right now." 12:58 AM - Nov 7, 2017

​​"...If you're not blaming the loss on Hundley, then it has to fall on his shoulders.

It's come to a point where it's hard to ignore the Packers' abysmal record without Aaron Rodgers in.

He's one of the best players in the league and certainly leaves a huge hole in this offense now that he's out with a broken collarbone, but this season should not go up in flames now that he's on the sidelines.

It's unfair to compare, but look what happened to the Patriots when Tom Brady was lost for the season with a knee injury years ago. They still managed to win double-digit games without arguably the greatest quarterback of all time. .

The fact that this team can't generate any offense at all means they're poorly coached. ..."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.12up.com/posts/5775182-mi...te?a_aid=36476

Mike McCarthy May Have Put Himself on Hot Seat With Postgame Quote

BY: Dan O'Shea .....07 NOV 2017

Ryan Wood ✔@ByRyanWood
    Mike McCarthy: "Brett Hundley played better today. I have great faith in Brett Hundley. Brett Hundley is not our issue right now." 12:58 AM - Nov 7, 2017

​​"...If you're not blaming the loss on Hundley, then it has to fall on his shoulders.

It's come to a point where it's hard to ignore the Packers' abysmal record without Aaron Rodgers in.

He's one of the best players in the league and certainly leaves a huge hole in this offense now that he's out with a broken collarbone, but this season should not go up in flames now that he's on the sidelines.

It's unfair to compare, but look what happened to the Patriots when Tom Brady was lost for the season with a knee injury years ago. They still managed to win double-digit games without arguably the greatest quarterback of all time. .

The fact that this team can't generate any offense at all means they're poorly coached. ..."
    I hate to disappoint you but McCarthy isn't on the hot seat. Capers is another case entirely. His defenses have been woeful for a while now but #12 had been able to mask it. I consider losing Rodgers might end up being a blessing in disguise. It will force Mac to finally make a change on that side of the ball this offseason. When Brady was lost for the season NE had a functioning defense.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I hate to disappoint you but McCarthy isn't on the hot seat. Capers is another case entirely. His defenses have been woeful for a while now but #12 had been able to mask it. I consider losing Rodgers might end up being a blessing in disguise. It will force Mac to finally make a change on that side of the ball this offseason. When Brady was lost for the season NE had a functioning defense.
    What exactly would it take to put Stubby on the hot seat in GB? Personally, I think the guy is bullet-proof no matter what he does or doesn't do. He's kind of the Marv Levy of the NFC with a Super Bowl ring.

Nobody's going to blame him for injuries. On the other hand, he's pretty much bet the team's season on Hundley. And he's double-downed on that bet, saying he "knows" what ails the team and it ain't Hundley. He's also said that he's learned from previous Arod injuries not to expect the substitute QB to do what Arod does. That implies he has a plan to at least make Hundley serviceable. Maybe he does, yet, after a long bye week, playing at home, we're still waiting. Maybe things will improve the rest of the way. Maybe not.

The irony is that Stubby might do what he does best: coach with his back to the wall, rally the troops and eek us into the playoffs where he can do what he does second best...lose to a team with an elite QB. Then, TT can do what he does best: draft at the tail end of the 1st round and develop...again.

It's what we've come to know as business as usual in GB. To say I've got mixed feelings about that is an understatement if there ever was one.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

M3 is safe. He's done enough over his career to earn a pass for struggling with his starting QB out.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    When the opposing team never punts it's pretty easy not to heap the bulk of the blame on your marginal QB.

In fairness, other than red zone efficiency Detroit's offense is pretty good. But the Packer defense made them look great. The Packer D has had two terrible games in a row. But it was against teams with pro bowl QBs.

McCarthy is only one part of the decision to have Hundley be the backup QB. Thompson has final roster say. The decision to stick with Hundley isn't going to hurt him with Thompson.

A malfunctioning offense for the rest of the season might.

But the biggest bone of contention will be the defense. The 3rd down problem has been there through a LOT of years and personnel. Thompson has said he doesn't like telling a coach who his assistants should be, but if the team decides Capers needs to go, McCarthy might balk. He has gone to the mat publicly for Capers before.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McCarthy is only one part of the decision to have Hundley be the backup QB. Thompson has final roster say. The decision to stick with Hundley isn't going to hurt him with Thompson.

A malfunctioning offense for the rest of the season might.

But the biggest bone of contention will be the defense. The 3rd down problem has been there through a LOT of years and personnel. Thompson has said he doesn't like telling a coach who his assistants should be, but if the team decides Capers needs to go, McCarthy might balk. He has gone to the mat publicly for Capers before.
    That's a bit of a contradiction...Thompson "doesn't like telling a coach who his assistants should be," but has "final say" on who his backup QB should be? I think both TT and Stubby completely committed to Hundley as the backup a year or two ago. Both are fully invested in him because I think they genuinely like him as a person and know he has the physical tools. Hundley's problem is between his ears. Maybe Stubby can fix that, maybe he can't. Time will tell for sure.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    That's a bit of a contradiction...Thompson "doesn't like telling a coach who his assistants should be," but has "final say" on who his backup QB should be? I think both TT and Stubby completely committed to Hundley as the backup a year or two ago. Both are fully invested in him because I think they genuinely like him as a person and know he has the physical tools. Hundley's problem is between his ears. Maybe Stubby can fix that, maybe he can't. Time will tell for sure.
    Its not a contradiction any more that Wolf telling Holmgren that despite Wolf having final roster say he would never stick Holmy with a player he truly did not want on his team. Thompson could fire the entire assistant coaching staff and retain only Edgar Bennett by the letter of his contract, doesn't mean he is going to do it.

McGinn surmised (all but said it happened this way but with no sources other than the voices in his head) that Thompson wanted to fire Sanders a year before McCarthy ended up announcing the defensive coaches were out. Did Thompson order this? Probably not by my read, but I suspect, as Bob does, that he made his view known to the HC.

I suspect they know what is going on in Hundley's head much better now that when he was a rookie or that scouting report was created. They've been living with him for three years. They trusted Rodgers, I am giving them a free one on Hundley.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bring Black Graham Harrell!!!

The Packers have answered this thread - They're shutting up.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Bring Black Graham Harrell!!!
    Hundley is the black Graham HArrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    He would at least get a tryout.

I think everybody can see that Kap is being shunned becuz he is perceived as toxic. He did enough good as an NFL starter that somebody would want to try to fix his shortcomings. Perhaps some coach who fashions himself a QB whisperer would jump on the potential there. Kap comes cheap.
    Same could be argued about Tebow. He should be a backup somewhere, but no one wants the distraction. Teams have the right not to have a walking news cycle on the roster.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I suspect they know what is going on in Hundley's head much better now that when he was a rookie or that scouting report was created. They've been living with him for three years. They trusted Rodgers, I am giving them a free one on Hundley.
    I was giving them a free one til I watched our QB throw every pass 5 yards or less coming off a bye week. Not so much now.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Same could be argued about Tebow. He should be a backup somewhere, but no one wants the distraction. Teams have the right not to have a walking news cycle on the roster.
    No one wants Tebow as a QB. Not even New England after that stint.

He would need to convert positions.

He would need to convert positions.
    There's a very good joke in there somewhere, perhaps involving Tebow the missionary, will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    New England also had a functioning Offense....right !?

How many games did the NE Patriots win in the Season that Tom Brady was lost and they were forced to a Backup QB? Was the Backup QB position effective or not?

Did Mike McCarthy have that done and his Backup QB? Does Green Bay have a positively effective or winning Backup QB? Does Brett Hundley look like a winner to you Pugger? If not why is that the case?

Is it on MM or TT or a combination of both to have an effective or capable of winning Backup QB ready to go and in any need?

How many games do you reasonably project that the Green Bay Packers will win to Seasons end with MM's Backup QB being Brett Hundley? Are you as a Packer fan optimistic or in any sense of reality hopeful?

It sure appears at this time the correct response to my question (s) is what Pugger?

Arn't the Green Bay Packers damned at the Backup QB position?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    New England also had a functioning Offense....right !?

How many games did the NE Patriots win in the Season that Tom Brady was lost and they were forced to a Backup QB? Was the Backup QB position effective or not?

Did Mike McCarthy have that done and his Backup QB? Does Green Bay have a positively effective or winning Backup QB? Does Brett Hundley look like a winner to you Pugger? If not why is that the case?

Is it on MM or TT or a combination of both to have an effective or capable of winning Backup QB ready to go and in any need?

How many games do you reasonably project that the Green Bay Packers will win to Seasons end with MM's Backup QB being Brett Hundley? Are you as a Packer fan optimistic or in any sense of reality hopeful?

It sure appears at this time the correct response to my question (s) is what Pugger?

Arn't the Green Bay Packers damned at the Backup QB position?

we understand that you know how to compare the Packers to the best team in football. Now try comparing to any other team that lost their starter for the season. Let us know what your comprehensive research reveals.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Here are Matt Cassel's 1st 5 games as Brady's replacement in 2008:
    13/18, 152 yards 1TD NE Points for Game - 17
    16/23, 165 yards NE Points for Game - 19
    19/31, 131 yards 1TD, 1INT NE Points for Game - 13
    22/32, 259 yards 1TD, 2INT NE Points for Game - 30
    22/38, 203 yards 1INT NE Points for Game - 10

Should NE have been looking for a different backup QB after those 5 games?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Could you imagine losing 38-13 and your backup QB going 19/31, 131 yards 1TD and 1 INT Rating of 68.1?

Woodbuck would be asking for that whole front office and every coach in NE to be fired.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    What exactly would it take to put Stubby on the hot seat in GB? Personally, I think the guy is bullet-proof no matter what he does or doesn't do. He's kind of the Marv Levy of the NFC with a Super Bowl ring.

Nobody's going to blame him for injuries. On the other hand, he's pretty much bet the team's season on Hundley. And he's double-downed on that bet, saying he "knows" what ails the team and it ain't Hundley. He's also said that he's learned from previous Arod injuries not to expect the substitute QB to do what Arod does. That implies he has a plan to at least make Hundley serviceable. Maybe he does, yet, after a long bye week, playing at home, we're still waiting. Maybe things will improve the rest of the way. Maybe not.

The irony is that Stubby might do what he does best: coach with his back to the wall, rally the troops and eek us into the playoffs where he can do what he does second best...lose to a team with an elite QB. Then, TT can do what he does best: draft at the tail end of the 1st round and develop...again.

It's what we've come to know as business as usual in GB. To say I've got mixed feelings about that is an understatement if there ever was one.
    Green Bay is Green Bay is Green Bay is .....

Just One BIG HAPPY FAMILY ................ and meanwhile .........