Thread: Nothing Like PFT Pushing an Agenda

Nothing Like PFT Pushing an Agenda

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-kaepernick/

They don't even consider learning curve or offensive fit. Nope. The only reason a team wouldn't want Kaep would be because of his protesting.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

i stop going to PFT for awhile because every other story by florio was about kap. like 3, 4 or 5 stories a day about it

imo, its not so much the protest. its the dick move he pulled. what most people forget was that when kap decided to "protest" was when all the talk around the NFL was that the 49ers were about to cut him. he was no longer the starter in san fran, and he was playing like complete shit at the time. on top of that, he was counting a ton against the cap. he was going to be cut any day.

then he tarted the protest and tied san frans hands and forced them to keep him and pay him his salary

they could not cut him at that point, if they did they would have looked like thy were cutting him because of the protest. so they had to keep him, and pay him his huge salary to sit on the bench

i still to this day think it was all about the money and not him trying to shed light on police treatment of blacks

There is no way PFT or any other casual observer is going to get the difference between the Packers and Hundley versus say the Dolphins and Cutler. Or the Jags and Bortles.

It just isn't worth the explanation. Mostly because of time. By the time we know it is or is not working with Hundley, there might be no need for Kap.

The video clip going around is also just the part of M3's press conference where he got salty with the reporter for insinuating that they needed more than Hundley or Callahan by bringing in a former starter. He is angry at having to answer it again. And he is protecting his guys.

He explained that he felt good about Hundley. Then he got mad at another question about a replacement starter. He also praised Kap in another question, recognizing that he had strafed the Packers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i stop going to PFT for awhile because every other story by florio was about kap. like 3, 4 or 5 stories a day about it

imo, its not so much the protest. its the dick move he pulled. what most people forget was that when kap decided to "protest" was when all the talk around the NFL was that the 49ers were about to cut him. he was no longer the starter in san fran, and he was playing like complete shit at the time. on top of that, he was counting a ton against the cap. he was going to be cut any day.

then he tarted the protest and tied san frans hands and forced them to keep him and pay him his salary

they could not cut him at that point, if they did they would have looked like thy were cutting him because of the protest. so they had to keep him, and pay him his huge salary to sit on the bench

i still to this day think it was all about the money and not him trying to shed light on police treatment of blacks
    Except that they both wanted him to opt out of his deal after 2016 rather than eat the guarantees. The 49ers didn't want to pay $12 mil to a ghost.

If they were so determined to get rid of him at any cost, he could have been jettisoned at any point in the offseason.

The proof of the stupid is in the pudding. He was the best QB on the team by season's end. They had no other options when they struck out in the offseason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-kaepernick/

They don't even consider learning curve or offensive fit. Nope. The only reason a team wouldn't want Kaep would be because of his protesting.
    I've said for weeks that the ONLY team that should want Kap is Carolina. They don't have to change their system for him (much). I know that rutnstrut and a few others told me that the read option was the future, but does anyone even run it more than 3 times a game? Maybe seattle could use him as a backup as well.

The man also threw a tantrum when he was benched. Does any team trust him to be a prepared and happy backup?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I never gave him that much credit. I thought he was sitting on the bench pouting about being benched and made up a convenient excuse when a reporter confronted him about it. If he was sharp enough to realize he was handcuffing them I have to give him credit for a little more brainpower than I have.

Remember the NBA player that came out. He was like a 12 year journey man role player. I was positive at the time he did it so the NBA would feel pressured to find him a roster spot somewhere for another year in the sun.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I never gave him that much credit. I thought he was sitting on the bench pouting about being benched and made up a convenient excuse when a reporter confronted him about it. If he was sharp enough to realize he was handcuffing them I have to give him credit for a little more brainpower than I have.

Remember the NBA player that came out. He was like a 12 year journey man role player. I was positive at the time he did it so the NBA would feel pressured to find him a roster spot somewhere for another year in the sun.
    I think the system argument is overblown, see here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ial-in-the-nfl

Also this, from the last CK argument.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I've said for weeks that the ONLY team that should want Kap is Carolina. They don't have to change their system for him (much). I know that rutnstrut and a few others told me that the read option was the future, but does anyone even run it more than 3 times a game? Maybe seattle could use him as a backup as well.

The man also threw a tantrum when he was benched. Does any team trust him to be a prepared and happy backup?
    KC could use him. They do some read option stuff with Alex Smith. That's the team other than Carolina that comes to mind that's successful in running it and also seemingly uses it more than most other teams.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I am more convinced than ever that everyone on this board would hire Osweiler or Bortles or Cutler to be their QB because he can fit the system.

And then would be stunned when you determine once again that even if he knows the system, is tall and large, he sucks donkey balls.

Maybe we all deserve Harbaugh and Hoody kicking our butt.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Gotta have some downfield accuracy. Kap seemed to have lost that of late, due to drop in deep ball completion percentage

BTW, check this out. The yards per/completion levels of current QBs on the all-time list. I was stunned by how close they are.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...cmp_career.htm

then completion percentage

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...erc_career.htm
    (modern best QBs all high on the list, Kap significantly lower)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    KC could use him. They do some read option stuff with Alex Smith. That's the team other than Carolina that comes to mind that's successful in running it and also seemingly uses it more than most other teams.
    KC just drafted a 1st round QB.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am more convinced than ever that everyone on this board would hire Osweiler or Bortles or Cutler to be their QB because he can fit the system.

And then would be stunned when you determine once again that even if he knows the system, is tall and large, he sucks donkey balls.

Maybe we all deserve Harbaugh and Hoody kicking our butt.
    From the article you just linked:

Nearly every quarterback is a system quarterback—the few players who can succeed in multiple schemes with different personnel can be counted on one hand. Tom Brady is the only example in NFL history that comes to mind among players who have done so at a championship level
    Which lends more credence to the idea that if he doesn't fit, he won't help.

By the way, I'm not anti-Kaep. If they got him, I'd think it would mean two things: 1) they've known all along Hundley isn't NFL material and have been playing a risky game of "hold the live grenade"; 2) it will take several weeks before he gets comfortable in any system M3 devises for him. I honestly think the Packers best chance of winning is going with Hundley who they've trained for three years for a moment such as this.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Nothing Like PFT Pushing an Agenda
    florio does it all the time. entertaining tv show but like with anyone on tv/radio/etc you have to be able to filter out stuff or you end up angry. lol

I liked MM's response to Green Bay now and the rest of this Season minus Aaron Rodgers:

His response is really all too obviously 'the reality'. He has to be respected for any of his anger and any suggestion otherwise.

I understand the insult to MM and his development Program and time 3 and 2 Years spent on Arod's Backups.

No other Unsigned (wanna be NFL QB) would trump what he has worked so hard to develop under his STAR QB and arguably best player in the NFL.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

From the article you just linked:

Which lends more credence to the idea that if he doesn't fit, he won't help.

By the way, I'm not anti-Kaep. If they got him, I'd think it would mean two things: 1) they've known all along Hundley isn't NFL material and have been playing a risky game of "hold the live grenade"; 2) it will take several weeks before he gets comfortable in any system M3 devises for him. I honestly think the Packers best chance of winning is going with Hundley who they've trained for three years for a moment such as this.
    I don't think that blurb means CK is read option only. Even Harbaugh went away from this toward the end with Kap.

Of course there are things you would feature with Kap and things you would stay away from. In that, he will be no different than any QB or even the Hundley we see this week.