View Poll Results: GB WINS POLL TAKE 2--HOW MANY WINS DO WE END UP WITH ??

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6-8 Wins

15 55.56%
  • 9 WINS

7 25.93%
  • 10 WINS

2 7.41%
  • 11 WINS

2 7.41%
  • KOOL AIDE BABY--12 OR MORE

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 DOWN 10 TO GO---TAKE TWO---HOW MANY WINS DOES GB END UP WITH

Blog Entries

6 DOWN 10 TO GO---TAKE TWO---HOW MANY WINS DOES GB END UP WITH

We're 4-2 and it's a new show

HOW MANY WINS DOES GB END UP WITH
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    10-6 BH is traded in the offseason
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    10-6 BH is traded in the offseason
    FIFY

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    This is an interesting poll. 9 wins seems to be the EZ call. I almost didn't post it as an option to only leave the hard choices.....choosing 6-8 kind of implies we lack overall talent around the QB. Choosing 10 or more implies we have plenty of talen around on the team. At least that's how I interpret it. 9 wins to me is the ez and safe call.....basically we go .500 rest of way. I voted there.....not sure what I would have chosen if I HAD to pick 8 or 10-
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    10 wins...we go 10-6, win the division and Vikings Fans cry like the fake fans they are!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Assuming Rodgers is out rest of the season, 7-9 is my bet.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    U do not have a low enough bar. Let's face facts, Rodgers is the heart and soul of the packers. Without him, we will struggle almost every game. I did not even vote, cause the season is too depressing already.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Back in September I predicted we'd end up with 9 wins. Now, with Arod out, I'm in the 6-8 wins category.

I predicted 9 wins in September mainly because of our defensive problems, which I didn't think MM and TT had solved in the off season. Plus, I was not convinced the O-line would hold up.

With the Packers wins and losses are always a factor of how much Arod can compensate and overcome the propensity of the defense to give up big plays. Our secondary is still porous and our pass rush is still anemic. Now, without Arod to compensate, I think we're more vulnerable than ever.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Who the hell is gonna beat us? I ask that question every year when trying to justify not predicting 16-0. Of course, that doesn't figure in the FRANCHISE getting injured. Even so, as I said the other day, we damn near beat the Vikings in Minny with Hundley green and shaky. He's obviously gonna get better, and virtually everybody we play going forward is not as good as the Vikings. Carolina is pretty good; Philadelphia is off to a hot start - probably not nearly as good as their early record; Pittsburgh probably is better than they have played up to now; I honestly don't even see them beating the Rodgers-less Packers - and we may not be Rodgers-less all season.

I'll take 11 in the poll, but I really don't see where the 3 other losses come from.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Oh ye of little faith. Hot Rod Hundley will come through.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Who the hell is gonna beat us? I ask that question every year when trying to justify not predicting 16-0. Of course, that doesn't figure in the FRANCHISE getting injured. Even so, as I said the other day, we damn near beat the Vikings in Minny with Hundley green and shaky.
    you crack me up. The injuries outside Rodgers are a huge factor - gotta get some supporting cast back, or there will be blood.

The poll is flawed, options are illegitimately restricted. I am sticking with my original prediction in the Predict Packers W/L poll started by Joe in September http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...in-Loss-Record: 5 wins for the season.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Who the hell is gonna beat us? I ask that question every year when trying to justify not predicting 16-0. Of course, that doesn't figure in the FRANCHISE getting injured. Even so, as I said the other day, we damn near beat the Vikings in Minny with Hundley green and shaky. He's obviously gonna get better, and virtually everybody we play going forward is not as good as the Vikings. Carolina is pretty good; Philadelphia is off to a hot start - probably not nearly as good as their early record; Pittsburgh probably is better than they have played up to now; I honestly don't even see them beating the Rodgers-less Packers - and we may not be Rodgers-less all season.

I'll take 11 in the poll, but I really don't see where the 3 other losses come from.
    I think when I first hurriedly ran through the schedule and predicted a 9-7 finish, I had Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas and Minnesota beating us in the 1st 6 games. Arod saved our bacon against Dallas and Cinncinnati.

Who's gonna beat us from this point on? The Saints, Steelers, Detroit twice, Minnesota and the Panthers at home. That's 8 losses right there unless my math is off. All the teams above have great QB's except the Queens. But all these can be beaten with a great pass rush, a competent secondary and the ability to score 30 points or more a game. We've got little reliable pass rush, a leaky secondary and, now, no Arod to compensate for our banged up Oline and work his magic scoring points.

I'll be pleasantly surprised of course if I'm wrong. If Hundley turns out to be the second coming of Dak Prescott which you think he is, then all bets are off.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    The poll is flawed, options are illegitimately restricted. I am sticking with my original prediction in the Predict Packers W/L poll started by Joe in September http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...in-Loss-Record: 5 wins for the season.
    You're doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Arod saved our bacon against Dallas and Cinncinnati.
    You mean when he threw the pick six?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'll be pleasantly surprised of course if I'm wrong. If Hundley turns out to be the second coming of Dak Prescott which you think he is, then all bets are off.
    I'm somewhat surprised Tex isn't still predicting 16 wins.

I'm waiting until I see Hundley this weekend. He's clearly way better than Seneca the elder, and he is also showcasing himself for a future contract, but will the shoddy line and his inexperience make everything a shit show?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!