View Poll Results: GB WINS POLL TAKE 2--HOW MANY WINS DO WE END UP WITH ??

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6-8 Wins

15 55.56%
  • 9 WINS

7 25.93%
  • 10 WINS

2 7.41%
  • 11 WINS

2 7.41%
  • KOOL AIDE BABY--12 OR MORE

1 3.70%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 6 DOWN 10 TO GO---TAKE TWO---HOW MANY WINS DOES GB END UP WITH

The Green Bay Packers 2017-18 Schedule of games:

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

This is a bad Packer Team without Aaron Rodgers. Without Aaron Rodgers too much of that weakness cannot be covered up.

If not for Aaron's heroics Vs Cincy and Dallas we are sitting at a 2-4 Record right now.

If Brett Hundley can play very well and stay uninjured behind a horrible OL That's the focus of my watch now; he might help us to 2-3 wins.

If we reach 8 wins and the ugly state of the OL and DL and our Defensive (yea right) Secondary. A whole lot has to be very wrong with the Packers Opponents.

The writing is now clearly on the wall. It's time for 'a Brand New Plan'.

What happened to Aaron Rodgers on Sunday is not a healthy prognosis for future Green Bay Packers good fortunes.

I hate the way this feels Packerrats but my guts are screaming 'Really Bad News' and any serious hopes of a Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers.

Just how breakable is Aaron Rodgers going to be in his future and with inadequate protection on the field?

He needed the blocking ability of John Kuhn this Season and that's not there and that sucks.

Aaron Rodgers needed more successful support from the NFL DRAFT.

The Green Bay Packers now have a broken Aaron Rodgers at the Peak Point in his career. Aaron Rodgers has a tired and worn out looking Ted Thompson as his GM. It's now time to set down a Brand New Plan.

Is it all and no more Super Bowls with arguably the finest QB in NFL history all going to be written up as BAD LUCK?

Aaron Rodgers and Packer Nation deserve 'a Real Chance'.

I pray that Ted Thompson steps down.

The Poll: If the Packers get 3 more wins I'll be ecstatic. I will say that to imagine 4 more wins you might be judged 'a Homer' !?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-19-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    No kidding. How does Sean Payton get a pass for his terrible years with Brees?
    The GM refuses to surround him with the talent he needs to win.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I pray that Ted Thompson steps down.!?
    Not only has Ted Thompson failed to fill his roster with 6 starting tackles, but he doesn't have an MVP backup QB. If only the Packers were like other teams who, when their starting MVP QBs are lost for the season, continue on to Super Bowl victories.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I found a link to this article on another Packers' forum and I thought it was interesting. The author is addressing the notion our roster stinks outside of Rodgers. He notes that the assessment of the players is when they are healthy and not how the situation is right now.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...t-ted-thompson
    This article probably shows how much I take this roster for granted. The problem is that this is a QB driven league and the drop off from best QB in the league to Hundley may be too much to overcome.

The roster doesn't "stink". The O Line does, but the rest of it ranges from mediocre to a little above average - the D Line being the high spot. There wouldn't be much drop off at all to Hundley if the starter was not named Aaron Rodgers or maybe 3 or 4 other top level QBs.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I see the poll numbers are 17 claiming 9 or less wins, and only 4 of us saying 10 or more wins. O ye of little faith hahahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    There will be 0 drop off.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    This article probably shows how much I take this roster for granted. The problem is that this is a QB driven league and the drop off from best QB in the league to Hundley may be too much to overcome.
    Agreed. It is asking a lot. I hope he performs well and doesn't embarrass himself on Sunday. The reason why I posted this link is to show folks this roster isn't just garbage besides #12. Our D when healthy isn't elite but with Rodgers at the helm we don't need the '85 Bears.

10-6. You are all a bunch of pussies.

No offense intended Pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    10-6. You are all a bunch of pussies.

No offense intended Pugs.
    Fuck yeah Cumby! George Cumby was always sure the Packers were gonna make the playoffs, even when they were 2-8 and he was getting pulverized by the Fridge. Never say die!

I see a team going .500 with Hundley, for a final record of 9 - 7. Hundley, of course, will look worse than he actually is because we've been spoiled for so long. But the constant injuries on the offensive line (Bach and Bulaga back, Linsley and Taylor out) and defensive backfield (King back, House and Randall out) will sap this team. When Aaron Rodgers is not your quarterback any more, you need every ounce of talent you have.

They'll miss the playoffs by a whisker.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I see a team going .500 with Hundley, for a final record of 9 - 7. Hundley, of course, will look worse than he actually is because we've been spoiled for so long. But the constant injuries on the offensive line (Bach and Bulaga back, Linsley and Taylor out) and defensive backfield (King back, House and Randall out) will sap this team. When Aaron Rodgers is not your quarterback any more, you need every ounce of talent you have.

They'll miss the playoffs by a whisker.
    Is Linsley out for sure?

I think we can win some games with Hundley if he has a decent line in front of him giving him time and giving the RBs holes. Frankly if the team plays well and doesn't show signs of quitting that to me will tell me a lot about this team and the coaching staff. I'm not counting on making the playoffs and even if we did we wouldn't do much once we got in.

I think in three weeks we'll all be saying "Aaron who?"

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think in three weeks we'll all be saying "Aaron who?"
    We'll sure miss you Arnold.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Alex*
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It's "We'll never forget you Arnold"

But I like Arnold. Getting a t shirt made.

I went with Alex as a nod to draft day.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Fuck yeah Cumby! George Cumby was always sure the Packers were gonna make the playoffs, even when they were 2-8 and he was getting pulverized by the Fridge. Never say die!
    Fuqqin’ A.

This team will be lucky to get to 6 wins. Hundley does not have the touch on the deep ball. Jones is good, but as NO showed. All you have to do is stack the box and dare the Packers to throw. The o line is lousy at protection and the defense, despite getting King and Daniels back looked pathetic, other than a couple of picks.

The 80's called. They want their Packers team back.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

that browns game is starting to look like a dog fight

especially if this team just flat out gives up on the season like they did last week when a-rod went down